MTTH: 1:15
Lynch 2: 30mins
Quinoa: 20mins
Stories: 41mins
Trailers: about 3 mins total
Stills: 7mins

Approx.: 3 hrs 3 mins

So the 190 and 211??????
I get that to add up to 188 mins, which isn't far off the 190 quoted...
motoko
Roadhouse Member

Post by motoko »

Egads! That's embarrassing! Simple math, huh?

1) It was very late.
2) It was very early.
3) I'm a dumbass.

I'm afraid the answer may lie behind door # 3. :oops:
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

I thought the scenes were brilliant. Especially the scene with the Phantom selling watches to the British girl. The music was also very good. However, I wished for more Rabbits scenes. Would have been great to see the whole series... Too bad they're removed from davidlynch.com. But I shall not complain, loved the More Things That Happened.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

I also really enjoyed "more things...". I loved the watch scene and the scene with the woman telling Nikki about meeting the man (the phantom?)and going to a hotel. I could have done without the scene with the prostitutes on the street though. That did nothing for me. The hover disc scene was trivial as well, in my opinion. Not that I fault Lynch for including them. I guess some of this stuff was so good, I was just dissapointed in the stuff that didn't interest me or didn't seem to add to the film in a meaningful way for me.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

twin-b wrote:I could have done without the scene with the prostitutes on the street though. That did nothing for me. The hover disc scene was trivial as well, in my opinion...
You see, I loved that stuff - especially the street prostitute scene. Obviously they weren't as deep as the other more dialogue-heavy material, but I loved them all the same for the moods they evoked.

RR
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

I thought the scene in the street with the prostitute was really good, especially since the song "Ghost of Love" was played over and over. Loved it. I was amazed at how true to life this scene was, though it might seem grotesque at first.

And one other scene I loved was the one with Nastasja Kinski, it could have lead to great situations in the movie.

Somehow, I think the barbecue scenes would have been better in "More Things That Happened" than in INLAND EMPIRE, but that's all really subjective I suppose.

Anyway, I love the mood of this film.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

Teopeaks wrote:Somehow, I think the barbecue scenes would have been better in "More Things That Happened" than in INLAND EMPIRE, but that's all really subjective I suppose.
I agree. My least favorite scene in the movie.
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

Celestial Teapot wrote:I think the barbecue scene is essential to the plot of the movie. I love ketchup (and hammers).
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. What does that scene contribute to the plot?
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

Wow, the barbecue scene is one of my favorite from the movie. Funny, simple and brilliant.

Where's the paper towel ?
the guy with the hammer, the ketchup...

One of the weirdest scenes, therefore the best.
The paper, in the toilet, there's no paper
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

I thought the barbecue scene was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. Comic relief at its finest.

The prostitutes scene from More Things might be one of my favourite of all of Inland Empire. I understand why it wasn't in the main film, though. It seems to go against character in a way. But my oh my what a scene. So beautifully chaotic and strange.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
The Owl

Missing More Things? Or not?

Post by The Owl »

Hey,This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this properly.

I hope I'm not missing out here, but in many different lists of the special features of Inland Empire R1, it clearly lists 90 mins of Deleted scenes and More Things That Happened seperately. But I can only find the More Things feature. Are they the same thing, or are they missing from my disc. Also, not on the menu is the Talks with Lynch and Dern. I hope I'm not missing out and these are just errors on the list.
Now it's dark.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Re: Missing More Things? Or not?

Post by twin-b »

The Owl wrote:Hey,This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this properly.

I hope I'm not missing out here, but in many different lists of the special features of Inland Empire R1, it clearly lists 90 mins of Deleted scenes and More Things That Happened seperately. But I can only find the More Things feature. Are they the same thing, or are they missing from my disc. Also, not on the menu is the Talks with Lynch and Dern. I hope I'm not missing out and these are just errors on the list.
The "deleted scenes" and "More things..." is the same thing. I don't know what the "Talks with Lynch and Dern" is. There is just the "Stories" feature which is just Lynch talking about the film. No Dern that I recall.