Twin Peaks season 2 and FWWM/more music from Twin Peaks cd's

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

So more delays huh? Not surprised, but bummed. Been hoping for this soundtrack ever since the second season aired. And have really been looking forward to it since Badalamenti announced that it would actually happen. Its weird that he hasn't posted any updates at all on his myspace page in the longest time.

I wonder what kind of lagal issues there could be with the music. This excuse makes sense with the Inland Empire CD, since there so much music by other artists that need to be liscensed. But for Twin Peaks, I wonder why there would be any legal issues at this stage.

By the way, what is Absurda?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Absurda is Lynch's new film distribution company.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Have i mentioned that i can't f'ing wait for this to be released???
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

yeah - i'm quite impatient for it now. particularly need to hear the thematic changes that occur at Owl Cave, and as the time of the conjunction nears... also those tense descending minor key chords from the last episode...
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

Dugpa, any news from badalamenti reporting to the second season music? its over isnt it? :(
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Possibly it will be held back to coincide with the Gold Box release. I am confident that it will be released.

-B
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I'm beginning to get a little bit worried myself. I mean its been, what, over a year(?) since this was first mentioned! And Badalamenti hasn't posted a peep about it in months on his myspace page.

I've been hoping for this more than anything else TP related. Can't wait for the DVD boxset, and hope to see the FWWM deleted scenes someday, but the unreleased second season TP music is really the holy grail of TP for me.
bmiller
Roadhouse Member

Post by bmiller »

Possibly it will be held back to coincide with the Gold Box release. I am confident that it will be released.

-B
Why should Paramount's Gold Box release date have anything to do with Absurda's release of the Second Season Music?? Nice how Badalamenti keeps us updated on this situation, isn't it ? I wonder how he finds the time to post....nothing....about this on his Myspace page ?

Off Topic: And while we're at it....kudo's to Paramount for bundling the Pilot with Season I and Season II. Why the hell did Paramount even release Season II in April? An absolute waste of time and money. They could have released the Pilot in April, with some of the extras which we would have been salivating over, and then released Season I and II and the bulk of the extras in October.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

Well, any news of the cd? im getting desperate here....
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Edited...

Got word back that the disc should go to the replication plant in the next few weeks. Expect a release date in the next month.

-B
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

October 23rd according to Ryko Distribution.

http://rykodistribution.net/artist_titl ... a_id=23491
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

So, its going to be sold separately?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

It appears so. There were early talks of packaging it together with the DVD box set but from what I can tell, it will not be part of the DVD box set.

-B
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Officially excited again!!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

So, looking like just one cd now?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM