INLAND EMPIRE OST

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

INLAND EMPIRE OST

Post by Annie »

Anybody get this today? Anxious to hear!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Nope - Amazon (UK) e-mailed to say that the date had shifted to the end of this week, which in all probability means I won't see it before next week...

RR
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

Red Room wrote:Nope - Amazon (UK) e-mailed to say that the date had shifted to the end of this week, which in all probability means I won't see it before next week...

RR
Yeah same for me...say it'll be delivered 13 or 14/09. Not so sure. Might have a look in London tomorrow.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Amazon (US) now says it will ship in 1-2 weeks.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Same here. :P
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

Amazon France should have it, but their page isn't even updated and although my order is estimated to arrive "between 12th and 18th", it hasn't even been dispatched and all info is sadly lacking.

is the French release extremely limited, or something? we heard that FNAC stores had it in stock by last Wednesday - maybe there'll be a further delay for Amazon UK as they wait for any delays in the US, given that it is listed as an import. still nothing about an official UK release at any stage.
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

biotron, amazon.fr have it in stock, ready to be dispatched !
I'm from France myself and I bought my copy at the Lyon Bellecour Fnac. They had several of it, around 17 euros. I love the front cover, well... similar to the US poster, but the back cover is kinda awful, with this cheap photoshop tracklist. Yet, it was done by David Lynch. Let's focus on what's important, the music. I'm just disappointed there aren't all these Penderecki musics, we just get to hear one. It's good to see (credits are written in the booklet) how much Lynch himself got involved in the musical process of his film, appearing on 8 tracks, on a total of 17.

On the back cover is listed a new url, davidlynchmc.com (mc = music ?), which isn't available yet.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

More delays from Amazon UK...
We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

David Lynch (Artist) "Inland Empire - Original Soundtracks
[Soundtrack] [Import]" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 13/10/07 - 29/10/07
:!:
doublemain wrote:biotron, amazon.fr have it in stock, ready to be dispatched...
I would buy from Amazon France, if only I could read the French text well enough to complete the registration & order!

RR
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

actually, i did order it from Amazon France (occasionally consulting the dictionary!) nearly two weeks ago soon after it was first registered. i've received no mail to say it has been dispatched yet, but my account on the site itself implies it finally has been.

you'd think it would be fairly quick and easy for Amazon to get it off fast, considering it was seen on shelves 8 days ago? i wonder how many pressings were made in total?
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

Red Room wrote:More delays from Amazon UK...
We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

David Lynch (Artist) "Inland Empire - Original Soundtracks
[Soundtrack] [Import]" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 13/10/07 - 29/10/07
:!:

Try the used and new facility. DVDlegacy have it for 6.95 and say they will dispatch it on 17/09
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Two people in Live Journal got theirs from Amazon already. I am so mad! I got an email saying I might not get mine until about the 20th or later?!?!?! What do you think is going on. I don't see it for sale at DL.com yet, either. Frustrated like the rest of you...
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

It was the same thing with the dvd. I'm starting to think i won't pick Ryko to distribute all the amazing films i will make in the next sixty years, and i already have pre-orders from my parents and girlfriend so it's Rykos loss. That'll teach 'em.
Chad

Post by Chad »

hi
i'm chad, and i'm a newbie. hello all!
been a fan mr. lynch's work a long long time, and am happy to be here.
i got my inland empire ost today from amazon! haven't listened to it yet, as i'm still at work (librarian), but will pop it in a home and give my thoughts.
Nighttime is my time...
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Welcome Chad!

And guess what was in my mailbox when I got home--my BRAND NEW INLAND EMPIRE OST!!!!!!!!
Later...
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

I dig Lynch's work on this soundtrack, but I still really missed Angelo Badalamenti.