2015 Twin Peaks Fest

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

2015 Twin Peaks Fest

Post by Jerry Horne »

http://www.twinpeaksfest.com/

-Kimmy Robertson
-Ian Buchanan
-James Marshall
-Phoebe Augustine
-Jonny Leppell
-Charlotte Stewart
-Catherine E. Coulson

"We are pleased to announce Jonny Leppell has accepted our invitation to join us for the 2015 Twin Peaks Festival. Jonny played Mrs. Tremond's grandson in Fire, Walk With Me. This will be Jonny's first Twin Peaks Festival and the black dog will run at night."
Attachments
11024760_10152912361914580_1686373949002623339_n.png
11024760_10152912361914580_1686373949002623339_n.png (279.73 KiB) Viewed 13265 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Re: 2015 Twin Peaks Fest

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Jerry Horne wrote:http://www.twinpeaksfest.com/

-Kimmy Robertson
-James Marshall
-Jonny Leppell

"We are pleased to announce Jonny Leppell has accepted our invitation to join us for the 2015 Twin Peaks Festival. Jonny played Mrs. Tremond's grandson in Fire, Walk With Me. This will be Jonny's first Twin Peaks Festival and the black dog will run at night."
Is there any truth to the rumor that Leppell was Lynch's nephew? Was Austin left out of it simply for family reasons (he would be away from home for much longer than he would have been to shoot the TV episode, and during the school year to boot)? It had been barely a year since that previous episode was shot and I'm sure he still looked young enough to play the part. Always wondered about that. Not quite in the LFB/Moira Kelly category, but still.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I must admit I've never heard those rumors so I can't speak as to their validity.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Whatever the case, he was certainly a good choice to pick up the mini-Lynch mantle.

At the risk of derailing the thread, I want someone to ask him why he sits so strangely on the couch in the above-the-convenience-store scene. It's like he's a ventriloquist's dummy at rest. Most likely he was instructed to sit this way and the reason is known only to Lynch and possibly Engels. Also, his foot appears to be up on the container that's in front of him. People say this is a container of Garmonbozia, but is it? I can't see any. All I can see is that it's some kind of pot or jar. Also, blink you'll miss it (and you'll probably still miss it even if you don't blink), but Mrs. Tremond/Chalfont raises her hand to her face during the brief electrical flashes. Finally, that empty three-legged stool is odd.

LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Jasper wrote:Whatever the case, he was certainly a good choice to pick up the mini-Lynch mantle.

At the risk of derailing the thread, I want someone to ask him why he sits so strangely on the couch in the above-the-convenience-store scene. It's like he's a ventriloquist's dummy at rest. Most likely he was instructed to sit this way and the reason is known only to Lynch and possibly Engels. Also, his foot appears to be up on the container that's in front of him. People say this is a container of Garmonbozia, but is it? I can't see any. All I can see is that it's some kind of pot or jar. Also, blink you'll miss it (and you'll probably still miss it even if you don't blink), but Mrs. Tremond/Chalfont raises her hand to her face during the brief electrical flashes. Finally, that empty three-legged stool is odd.

Good call on the ventriloquist's dummy. The effect is heightened by having the Grandmother sit up on the arm of the sofa instead of in its seat (look at all that empty space).

Of course I'd guess it's just Lynch's compositional instincts at work and the shot does look fantastic. But I wonder if there's any collective unconscious/archetype stuff buried meaning there, expressing itself perhaps inadvertently. Compositionally, it does remind me of Martha Nochimson's observations about "fast" and "slow" spaces within the frame (specifically paintings but also cinema as well), something I think someone else has already brought up on these boards.

Hmm, this should perhaps go in another thread haha. Well, someone answer the Leppell/A. Lynch questin(s) and get us back on track!
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

LostInTheMovies wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:http://www.twinpeaksfest.com/

-Kimmy Robertson
-James Marshall
-Jonny Leppell

Is there any truth to the rumor that Leppell was Lynch's nephew? Was Austin left out of it simply for family reasons (he would be away from home for much longer than he would have been to shoot the TV episode, and during the school year to boot)? It had been barely a year since that previous episode was shot and I'm sure he still looked young enough to play the part. Always wondered about that. Not quite in the LFB/Moira Kelly category, but still.
No truth to Leppell being Lynch's nephew. As to why Austin didn't reprise his role, I recall that Lynch felt he had grown too much between the Series and FWWM. I don't recall the source but do recall asking the question at a Fest and that point sticking with me ever since.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

dugpa wrote:No truth to Leppell being Lynch's nephew. As to why Austin didn't reprise his role, I recall that Lynch felt he had grown too much between the Series and FWWM. I don't recall the source but do recall asking the question at a Fest and that point sticking with me ever since.
Ah, thanks. Weird, especially since Leppell seems to me a little bit older (or taller anyway) than Austin but then again we only see him sitting down on the show so not sure why I have that impression (maybe Leppell looks skinnier?). But also weird that Austin would have such a growth spurt between 10 and 11 (as he was born in 1980). Glad someone thought to ask that question though!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ian Buchanan will make his first appearance at the Fest!
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

I wonder if shooting will be in progress in North Bend during the Twin Peaks Fest. I would assume there will be scenes shot at Tweeds and the Salish Lodge.
A salamander spit donuts.
The_Owl
Roadhouse Member

Post by The_Owl »

Looks like shooting will occur next winter.
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

The_Owl wrote:Looks like shooting will occur next winter.
Swell! Is there a source you can share?
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
The_Owl
Roadhouse Member

Post by The_Owl »

Until today, no sources other than owl's whispers...

But today Mr Twede (see main TP S3 thread) told me when we talked about possible layout of the RR remodeling : "we'll see that in 6 months..."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Kimmy Robertson will not be able to attend this year.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Are You sure Jerry Horne? I was checking the Twin Peaks Festival page.Looks like she will attend. anyway, please post this years TP Festival pictures!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Rebel wrote:Are You sure Jerry Horne? I was checking the Twin Peaks Festival page.Looks like she will attend. anyway, please post this years TP Festival pictures!
She cancelled but now she's back in. Too bad Harry Goaz is not there for the perfect love triangle.