Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music Soundtrack Track Listing

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I can't see your artwork. Can you check the link?

-B
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:I can't see your artwork. Can you check the link?

-B
It dosen't show up? That's weird- I see it on my end. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Here's the direct link, maybe that will work?

http://img38.picoodle.com/img/img38/9/9 ... aac52b.jpg
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

I don't see it either.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

OK, resaved it, trying again:

Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Ooh, now I like that one!!! Good job, Ross.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Great job Ross! Very pleasing to the eye. :)
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Excellent cover art, Ross. I wish the real cover had looked something like that. You should be a designer! :D
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

WOW!

All I can say Ross is...

WOW!
Well Dressed Man

Post by Well Dressed Man »

Yeah, good job.

I really would like to know who designed the official CD and how much they got paid? They could've easily had a fan contest to design a cover, not pay a thing for it, and end up with a professional looking product instead of that hideous cover that we're going to get.

There's plenty of talented artists out there who might not have the right connections to get jobs like these. Artists who are probably struggling to make ends meet, or even find a job.

Just look at the DVD covers that were posted here as alternatives to the Gold Box. Any of them were 1000 times better than what we're gonna end up having displayed on our shelves and in our DVD display cases.

The cover is just amazingly bad. Worse than I ever could've imagined.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Great job Ross!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Hey, thanks for the compliments guys!! You know, I've been waiting for this CD since the show left the air, and I'd have given anything to do have done the design.

I know that in the end, the music is the important thing, but its just a shame that we couldn't get a professional looking product.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Twin Peaks M U S I C looks like it was done by the same graphics artist that did the 'Gold Box' edition artwork.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
guest315
Roadhouse Member

Post by guest315 »

Last edited by guest315 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
epsilonminus

Post by epsilonminus »

twin-b wrote:
bmiller wrote:Who the hell does this? I mean, who designs crap like that?
David Lynch, for one. Don't know that he was involved with this but it's quite similar to his awful Inland Empire cover (overlaid images) and that "M U S I C" reminds me of his regrettable motel-type Eraserhead "2000" type treatment. I love David but perhaps graphic design should be left to professional graphic designers.

Edited to add: I heard/read that David was responsible for the Inland Empire covers. I don't know that for a fact. And I assume that he was involved and at least signed off on the Eraserhead cover.
It definitely looks like David Lynch's hand to me. Unfortunately, his typography/photoshop/web design are exceedingly amateurish. It's the one place where I'd say his newfound militant DIY-ness is misguided. It's a very different discipline than film/photography/painting, so it's forgivible that it's not up to the same standard, but I think he's wrong to bring his overall standard down with poor graphic design just for the sake of having done everything himself.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

bmiller wrote:
David Lynch, for one. Don't know that he was involved with this but it's quite similar to his awful Inland Empire cover (overlaid images) and that "M U S I C" reminds me of his regrettable motel-type Eraserhead "2000" type treatment. I love David but perhaps graphic design should be left to professional graphic designers.

Edited to add: I heard/read that David was responsible for the Inland Empire covers. I don't know that for a fact. And I assume that he was involved and at least signed off on the Eraserhead cover.

I think I know which one of the many Inland Empire covers you're referring to. If it's the one I'm thinking of you're absolutely right. I purchased I.E. at Best Buy as soon as it was available and I got this cover art, which I really like. It's this one:
http://tinyurl.com/2uxeg3

I think the one you're referencing is the cover art displayed in image 5 of 6 at the above URL. Did David design all of the different I.E. cover arts??
I was basing this on the info given by "jaybo" over on the IE Amazon.com forum. He indicated that he had a good source but who knows. He said the following:
jaybo says:
there are at least 4.....all designed and approved by Lynch himself....where they wound up out there is anyone's guess...as to the quantities of each, only Mr Lynch knows.....this is from a great source.

jaybo says:
all the covers for the us versions were designed and printed by lynch himself, not rhino. all are not available in equal quantities and all are absolutely offical......and there is a reason for each.
I'll just say that, like Eraserhead and IE, this is an Absurda release. Unfortunately, I don't think any criticism can rest anywhere other than with David himself. If he didn't do it himself, he had to approve it.