Coffee

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Jonatan Silva
Roadhouse Member

Coffee

Post by Jonatan Silva »

I really do love coffee.
I need to drink too many cups per day.

Do you guys also like coffee? What's your fave?

p.s.: does anybody try DL coffee brand?
snoghumangerm
Roadhouse Member

Re: Coffee

Post by snoghumangerm »

Yes, I enjoy coffee. I have 3 cups a week at the 3 knitting groups I attend. But I have to have some kind of lightener in it. While I love the flavor of coffee, I don't like the bitterness. No 'black as midnight' for me!

Never heard of the DL brand. I've had bustelo, which is pretty nice, a coffee popular among the Puerto Rican population.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

I think he meant David Lynch brand coffee,I bought a can of that years ago, never tried it. still have it as a collectors item,it's in my kitchen along with a tp cup,not the Twin Peaks Sheriff Department cup, it's a different one. it's says property of Twin Peaks with the WB (Warner Bros) stamp on it and on the back of the cup "There's Nothing Like A Good Cup Of Joe"
- Special Agent Cooper
I also have the Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me cup, it's in a black box also a minty green t-shirt and thermos.
yes, I like coffee!
Maxwell House "Good To The Last Drop"
snoghumangerm
Roadhouse Member

Post by snoghumangerm »

Rebel: oh I see.

Btw, Id enjoyed reading about your TP and FWWM coffee cups!
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Thanks snoghumangerm!
and fresh brewed delish hot cup of coffee is a gotta have every early morning.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

It's really weird, I have always hated coffee. Always tried to like it, trying it every now and then to see if my tastes have changed; and nothing. Up until a couple of months ago. I just thought "what the hell" and ended up enjoying it. Now I feel like a Buddhist monk who has just achieved enlightenment. I'm trying this, that and the other; lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, espressos, etc.

It's a new world! :D
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Ice coffee is pretty delish.
I make my own,it's just left over brewed coffee chilled, add coffee cubes and a bit bit of cream.
I also like it with a dash of sugar and cinnamon. it's pretty good. esp. on a hot day. I rather have Ice coffee.
Dining With Diane
Roadhouse Member

Post by Dining With Diane »

for work, I make a big batch of cold brewed coffee in two french presses. 1 cup cold water for every 2 tbsp grounds (7 cups liquid total, to fill my thermos), stir, press the plunger down just enough to hold all the grounds underwater, let steep in the fridge overnight. push the grounds down the rest of the way, and pour off that delicious frosty black coffee. sweeten and creamify to taste (I do two packets splenda and 1cup milk for the whole batch - it's a big thermos)

at home, I make pourover iced coffee: i cup water for 4 tbsp grounds in the pourover cone, with 1 cup of ice in the mug waiting below (I use a big mug).
http://diningwithdiane.tumblr.com/
Dining with Diane - the food blog of Special Agent Dale Cooper