OFFICIAL List of Special Features for "Definitive Gold Box"

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Only 6 minutes of deleted scenes and 'Outtakes' :(
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hey, Jerry! Where did you find that out?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Advanced copies of the set are already circulating in Japan. I have a screenshot of a fourth person from the 'Slice of Lynch' doc on my website. Can anyone recognize who it is? I can't.

-Deleted scenes and outtakes 6 minutes
-A Slice of Lynch 30 minutes
-Northwest Passage: Creating the Pilot 30 minutes
-Freshly Squeezed (Season 1) 30 minutes
-Where Were From: Creating the music 30 minutes
-Into the Night (Season 2) 30 minutes
-Return to Twin Peaks 20 minutes

I am 98% sure those times are correct.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Jer, I'm not sure. It might be Peyton. I don't think it's one of the actors.

Six minutes actually isn't that bad. I'll take what I can get. And we have no idea what they could be, right?

Sure I'm obsessive, but any reason why Fenn again is not involved with this? She came out to speak for the season two set, but isn't involved with this? If there is bad blood, it seems odd that she would be part of the last set -with this on the horizon, espeically since she was arguably, along with Kyle, the most popular character.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Fenn might have been pregnant at the time of filming the special features - perhaps that's why? She has never liked doing interviews. John from Wrapped In Plastic magazine told me she was one of two people they could never reach for an interview (The other was Kyle)

As for deleted scenes, i would say we are going to get the Lucy/Andy donut store scene, the Leland/Ben 'Mr. Formaldehyde' scene, Jerry's speech at the roulette wheel, Jerry/Heba on the staircase at One Eyed Jack's. Who knows? They had more to choose from then they actually included. If there really is only 6 minutes of deleted scenes then it's a real shame.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Those four scenes don't seem all that interesting, but David Patrick Kelly is amazing, so it's not too bad. I haven't seen any apart from the donut store scene, though.

Do any of you have any info on - or opinion on - the strange bonus features listed on Amazon.com and on the R2 releases? It lists "Secrets from another place" as a feature-length documentary. I've taken that to mean it's a collective moniker for the four documentaries about the series. Does that seem right?
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

Do you know who else Wrapped In Plastic approached about interviews, Jerry? I've wondered since that last issue...

It seems the actors who weren't interviewed in WIP are the ones whose careers haven't fared so well. You only need look at the filmographies on IMDB to see Kyle MacLachlan and Lara Flynn Boyle peaked with er, Twin Peaks. You'd think they'd be glad of an opportunity to reflect on happier times.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I remember him saying the two people he wanted to interview the most were Kyle and Fenn. Our interview with John goes up in mid November.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Kyle hasn't done THAT badly since "Peaks"; at least he's worked steadily since, which is more than you can say for a lot of 'em. He did have a pretty big role for a while on "Sex and the City" and is now in his second season as a regular on "Desperate Housewives," which is one of the biggest shows in the world at the moment. I think he's one of the best things about "Housewives"! (which *clearly* owes a large debt to "Twin Peaks" anyways, and I'm sure that figured into his casting)

And Lara similarly managed to do pretty well on "The Practice" for several years and got Emmy nods in the late '90s/early '00s. It's only recently, since that expired that she's really vanished off the map.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Audrey Horne wrote: Sure I'm obsessive, but any reason why Fenn again is not involved with this? She came out to speak for the season two set, but isn't involved with this? If there is bad blood, it seems odd that she would be part of the last set -with this on the horizon, espeically since she was arguably, along with Kyle, the most popular character.
Fenn will be in the documentaries just not in the Slice of Lynch segment. They shot a lot of footage for the original Season 2 DVD set that they will be using. She may or may not have been involved with another interview as well. I know that Kimmy Robertson was interviewed a second time for the new box set. Same with Kyle and a few others.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

I seem to recall that Ray Wise said in a recent interview that he was part of the "Slice of Lynch" featurette, it doesn't look that much like him in the screenshot though. Since Peyton and Lynch had a falling out (A shame, i think they were creatively the best fit in a lot of ways) i doubt it's him, it also looks even less like Harley Peyton than Ray Wise.
barryconvex
Roadhouse Member

Post by barryconvex »

I believe it is John Wentworth.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

I'll look forward to the interview Jerry.

I kind of agree about Kyle MacLachlan, TheArm, but as a huge Sex and the City fan I have to say that of all the male leads Kyle's performance was the weakest. It might have been the way the character was written but Trey left me cold. For the first few seasons the male characters were just set dressing but around the time Kyle appeared they were being fleshed out and given more depth. Trey on the other hand was just a vehicle for lots of jokes about impotence and wanking!

Having said that, KM was flawless as Agent Cooper and I do enjoy watching him being interviewed on the Twin Peaks DVDs.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

barryconvex wrote:I believe it is John Wentworth.
That is what the German Paramount site says too. Did he work much on Twin Peaks? imdb.com lists him as post-production supervisor on only two episodes, and it seems he was the "associate supervisor" too (whatever that means). Is that all? (I know he co-produced FWWM, but that's not really relevant here on the series release.)
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"