Wishes...Hopes...& Dreams

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

SandWorm19

Wishes...Hopes...& Dreams

Post by SandWorm19 »

I thought it might be a fun idea to have a thread about some things you wish or hope to see in the new season of Twin Peaks. Doesn't have to be based off of any "leaked" info or anything...just some stuff you would be thrilled to see in the new episodes.
I for one would love to see an expansion on the Log Lady's character. It just seems to me that there is a plethora of story material there. She is very intriguing to me.
I would also love to see the new season spark such a new and renewed interest in TP that it sparks either multiple seasons or maybe even some spin-offs.
25 years have passed, there are obviously some changes, and a vast number of stories that can be told. I would think there was a wealth of information able to be shared with viewers and still keep that whole "small town mystery" alive.

So what are some of your wishes, hopes and dreams for the new season?
I like big logs and I can not lie...
garrett8250

Re: Wishes...Hopes...& Dreams

Post by garrett8250 »

Whatever storyline I could "hope" to see in the new series won't be anything nearly as incredible as what Lynch & Frost have in store for us, so I don't even try to imagine plot points.

That being said, the actors (and their characters) that I would be most excited to see in any capacity are Joan Chen, Piper Laurie, and Heather Graham...maybe because these three seem like three of the longest-shots. But also because whatever plot that could accommodate Josie's return would be amazing, I'd love to see Catherine still up to her scheming ways, and I really like the idea of Annie's character being more intricately woven throughout the mythology. I also hope we'll see a LOT of Grace Zabriskie. She was tragically underused in the second-half of the series. Maybe Sarah will have been able to harness and refine her psychic abilities, and will help with some new investigation?
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Ronette Pulaski, definitely.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

My main two:
1) Ontkean back as Truman
2) Heather Graham back as Annie

And:
3) Would love to see Desmond, and some expansion on Judy
4) Anything that follows up Josie's fate
5) The original musicians working with Angelo again
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

Desmond and Stanley would be fun to see again. Both played by their original actors Isaac and Sutherland!

I would love to see some scenes set in the abandoned train car where Laura was murdered, and Glastonbury Grove. Give me an early shot of the twelve sycamore trees in the forest and I'll be pumped for the rest of the season. Nothing supernatural has to happen there at that point. Just that odd formation in the middle of the forest.

Also, I would like to see a scene where people talk about Leland and Laura and what a shock it was to learn the truth 25 years ago.

Ross wrote: 1) Ontkean back as Truman
This must be my favorite hope from the "non-fantasy-scifi-horror-mythology" side of Twin Peaks. Just show me the familiar walls of the sheriff's station and Ontkean's Truman (/w Andy, Hawk and Lucy) going about, and I can truly feel the town of Twin Peaks again. That set-up IS Twin Peaks to me, even more than the RR diner.
LostInTheMovies wrote:Ronette Pulaski, definitely.
Oh yeah, I'd love to see her again. The survivor of the original nightmare that started the whole thing. Also she's the only person alive who has actually seen an angel. Oh dear, it would be amazing to see a scene where she remembers the horror that happened that night, BUT also remembers the angel.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

1. A substantial role for Sheryl Lee
2. Phillip Jeffries
3. Josie's spirit
4. Ed and Norma happy ever after
5. An expanded GLBT and multi-racial presence in the show
6. Chester Desmond and/or Sam Stanley
7. Garmonbozia/The convenience store/The planet of corn
8. Catherine Martell
9. Andy and Lucy's bouncing baby boy(?)
10. Richard Tremayne, Men's Fashions
11, but not at all least: Audrey Horne

Stuff like Michael Ontkean I don't factor in, because I consider that a done deal.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

-Philip Jeffries, Sam Stanley, Chet Desmond
-The ring
-Josie
-some kind of mention of Judy
-Philip Gerard/MIKE
-Margaret Lanterman's husband
HoodedMatt
Roadhouse Member

Post by HoodedMatt »

I'm another one hoping for Heather Graham's return as Annie.

Ronette Pulaski to be involved somehow. Even if it's just a small cameo where she's running a local organisation trying to help young people get off drugs and away from prostitution, that would be satisfying for me. I don't want to see her back in a bad place.

The other Hayward girls in some capacity, preferably with more to say & do than just recite poetry and play the Joanna.
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

Oh yeah, I'd love to see more Harriet and Gersten. I just watched season 5 of Justified in which Alicia Witt plays a major role, it'd be great to have her as an actual character.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The Red Room/The White Lodge. More mythology on spirits.

Josie's spirt haunting the walls of The Great Northern. And more of the hotel and spirits.

Laura Palmer - and Maddy. I love Laura, but I would really like to see Maddy too!

Sarah Palmer.

Leland Palmer.

Harry Truman.

Coop - but already know we will.

The Log Lady.

Piper Laurie!

Another nose-tweak scene with Truman/Coop.

Lucy/Andy - the whole gang, Hawk, et al.

LOTS of coffee, cherry pie, cozy moments as much as FWWM-style darker/surreal moments.

Heather Graham as Annie (though I have a feeling she's going to have already fallen victim to Coop or something in the interim) - but I would very much like to have her back.

Possibly a new mystery to be solved.

A VERY prominent role for Audrey Horne. And I'd like to see Ben Horne too.

Maybe Donna - LFB or Moira or both. James too, I guess. Though nothing like those Evelyn Marsh episodes please! And of course Norma, Nadine, Big Ed, etc etc.

A bigger focus on the older, original characters than on new, fresh-faced stars/unknowns. I know some people want to see a lot of new faces, and that if it's prominently about the older cast it might feel more like a reunion show, but this is a wishes/hopes/dreams thread, and for me, prominently the original/old cast would be vastly preferable to much - or even any - newbies!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

N. Needleman wrote:Stuff like Michael Ontkean I don't factor in, because I consider that a done deal.
I wouldn't consider anyone a done deal until they're on set. I mean at one point I would have considered Sherilyn a done deal as well.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
euro
Roadhouse Member

Post by euro »

I don't want only 9 or 18 Episodes. I want at least 30. Hope, they'll give us Season 4 and 5 , too.

Hope, we'll see more Sex/Nudity and Violence, like we did in FWWM e.g. . It's a new Century, we're not in the 80s/90s anymore :D

Characters I want to be back ?

- Audrey Horne
- Albert Rosenfield
- Hawk
- The Log Lady
- Michael J. Anderson

It should look Old-School like. No Shaky-Cams, Staccato-Cuts, no CGI.
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me
thugpa

Post by thugpa »

I hope that the show will still have funny moments because I'm expecting it to be closer in tone to FWWM, which of course was much more serious.

Related to that, I hope that Cooper is still cheerful and weird or at least gets to that point sometime during the season. I could see why he wouldn't be with the crazy stuff that happened to him.

I want the Log Lady and Sarah Palmer have important moments and expand on their spiritual/psychic gifts while keeping it mysterious.

I want Audrey and Ben Horne, The Man from Another Place, Sheriff Truman and other important characters to return. Hopefully Chester Desmond and Philip Jeffries show up too.

I want to see White Lodge spirits and new Black Lodge spirits.

It would be kinda cool to see Michael Shannon in Twin Peaks, but I doubt that will happen.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I would actually love to see this done as if they have broadcast constraints. I think that would be fun.

Meaning they treat it like it is old school Production Code Hollywood, or network television standards. They have to be more clever in getting around language, sex, nudity, etc. I'm no prude, I just love directors like Hitchcock, Sturges, Lubitsch who said no problem, and then put in the filthiest innuendoes imaginable. The smart people got it.

Then when we're lured into this format, they still have the freedom to go all out and surprise us with cable and film allowances.

Story wise... I want to see limited (but effective) use of the Red Room. Back to the fun sly format of skewering soap operas. More old film allusions. Characters back to their first season glory of quirks, danger and complexity. Snappy, sparkling dialogue.

Catherine! Ben! Jerry! Albert!! Truman!
(And of course, Audrey as an FBI agent.)
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

- FWWM mythology expanded and explained (the ring, electricity, Judy, curious woman on Teresa's trailer, the monkey, etc)
- Desmond, Stanley, Phillip Jeffries (a long shot, I know)
- Ben Horne (back to his old roots acting like a greedy jerk. I hated season 2 Ben).
- Jerry Horne (David Patrick Kelly is just great).
- Albert Rosenfield (like Ben, back to his old self being a jerk).
- Substancial role for Sheryl Lee (not just Black Lodge appearences).
- Body double for BOB and CGI using his original face, recast will be weird.
- Mike Anderson
- Heather Graham
- Alicia Witt
- Scary creepy sequences, like Ronette's nightmare at season 2 premiere.
- The "pie and coffee" elements thrown out of the window. It was funny and quirky back in the 90's, now I think it'd be silly. Television evolved too much. More FWWM, less pie and coffee please :D

- No recasts for major characters.