Possible SPOILERS: S3 casting & returning actors/characters

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

the haystack
Roadhouse Member

Re: Possible SPOILERS: S3 casting & returning actors/charact

Post by the haystack »

I'm thinking the World of Blue could use a Sherilyn Fenn Forum. It might streamline things. :wink:

Face it, we are just obsessed with her as a potential cast member. And why not! We all know she can act a hell of a role as evidenced in the pilot (what was she, 22 years old?) and a majority of other episodes. I say this with the caveat that under the direction of David Lynch, and otherwise within the character of Audrey Horne, she is able to perform beyond herself because I think she means to be a character actor. I also think she is highly dependent on the security and support fostered by only the most competent director. Have you seen Ms. Fenn in any number of B pictures? (I know why actors choose B pictures, because they have to...but that's not an indictment.) In some of her forgettable roles she can't, in my opinion, hide the look of something like ambivalence. It might even be boredom or, perhaps she's just confused because she's working with morons who've failed to define what she requires to find her character. It would drive a character actor nuts.

I've been critical of her coercive and frustrating method of expressing herself. Lately, however, I've begun to accept a different way of seeing it: what if this is just her way of satisfying a NDA while simultaneously maintaining a contact with her adoring public. I won't apologize for saying I think she's a pretty needy person, but I'm also sure she has her reasons; it looks like she's been handed some raw luck, I guess. But, as an actor, I can say firsthand that on a stage, and surrounded by support and leadership, she is in her element. Such was the case at the '10 Festival in North Bend in which you could see light all around her aura. She really looked happy. Her Maudette Hornsby (Psych 2010) was an example of where she was radiating light again. Why? Because she must have had sufficient director's support, allowing her to conceive of that character.

All the social media and other forms of hype are, I think, a superior shill to cover the fact that she's filming or scheduled to film with Lynch, and they are as tight as ever. Maybe as Audrey, maybe someone else, but we'll be seeing Fenn again. But, as the song goes, who knows where or when.
Log Lady lives
Ajax Rules
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ajax Rules »

Maybe it's an idea to also include Frank Silva, Jack Nance, etc. in the list of actors that will not be returning?

(I guess that most people that visit this site know about who's alive and who's not, but for the sake of completeness, I would include them in the opening post).
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Michael J. Anderson just updated his Facebook profile pic. Not sure how often he does it or whether changing it to a Twin Peaks pic is noteworthy, but I'm noting it nonetheless.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

Was at a horror con in Portland this weekend which had a TP panel with Dana Ashbrook and James Marshall. James Marshall (who was really cool and down to earth and funny) said he would be in the new season. So, add another actor to the list :)
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

Question: Why is Jennifer Jason Leigh listed as rumored? She's been both photographed on set and reported by mainstream press, correct?
euro
Roadhouse Member

Post by euro »

adl345 wrote:Question: Why is Jennifer Jason Leigh listed as rumored? She's been both photographed on set and reported by mainstream press, correct?
yes: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... esert.html
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Ajax Rules
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ajax Rules »

Is there any news regarding Annette McCarthy? Anyone else thought that Evelyn with the dark sunglasses was a reference to Donna wearing Laura's sunglasses?

And what about James Booth? Will he be returning?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ajax Rules wrote:And what about James Booth? Will he be returning?
I'm skeptical he will return, especially as he died in 2005.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Jerry Horne wrote: I'm skeptical he will return, especially as he died in 2005.
As dark as the subject matter may be, this made me spit my tea out. Thanks for that Jerry. :lol:
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ajax Rules wrote:And what about James Booth? Will he be returning?
I'm skeptical he will return, especially as he died in 2005.
Long con. Lynch is gonna blow our minds.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

#Hyperhidrosis #2017
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

Which confirmed* new actor/actress are you most looking forward to entering the world of Twin Peaks – and why?

*As in essentially confirmed – I know Kyle so far is the only confirmed name.

For all I know, their roles may be all but unofficially confirmed – but please humour the man who wishes to be left in the dark…

I’m not especially familiar with Knepper, other than a mad YouTube hunt I embarked upon following the casting rumour, but man, what a perfect fit the guy seems to be for the Lynch universe. He just oozes creep, and is visceral enough to project menace too. Whether a Hank Jennings/Leo type or, better yet, a lodge dweller, I am very excited to see the man on my screen. IMDB has him appearing in one episode, worryingly, but I know not to really trust that site. I hope so at least, given they’re listing Kenneth Welsh…

Jennifer Jason Leigh too. That came out of nowhere.

I’m very much in the minority it seems, but to an admittedly small extent, I’m not the biggest Ontkean fan out there. His chemistry with MacLachlan was winning, but he was pretty wooden at times – and a little too hard on Andy! -so I’m looking forward to Forster’s take, even though it’ll be a little sad. He’s the superior actor.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Chris Mulkey just posted this, so if Hank is in the script I guess he won't be shooting his scenes right away.
Untitled 2.jpg
Untitled 2.jpg (106.55 KiB) Viewed 10931 times
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I heard a live interview with Chris Isaak today on EW Radio. They asked him if David Lynch had talked to him at all about the new Twin Peaks. Isaak said that he hadn't talked to Lynch about it. It didn't sound like he was hiding anything. I would think that if Chet Desmond were to appear that Isaak would have gotten some word by now.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Esselgee wrote:I heard a live interview with Chris Isaak today on EW Radio. They asked him if David Lynch had talked to him at all about the new Twin Peaks. Isaak said that he hadn't talked to Lynch about it. It didn't sound like he was hiding anything. I would think that if Chet Desmond were to appear that Isaak would have gotten some word by now.
DAMMIT! :x

EDIT:
If Chester Desmond remains MIA for season three, I'm just going to go ahead and consider it material for a fourth season or a film.