The X-Files

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
Bank Theressa

The X-Files

Post by Bank Theressa »

So I just noticed there's no X-Files thread on this forum. ...wonder why.
But I had noticed something in the second season. In the background there's a bridge, that looks an awful lot like the bridge that Ronette is walking down in Twin Peaks. The only thing that throws me off, is that the episode is supposed to take place in Atlantic City. Any help??
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-01-14 at 7.41.45 PM.png
Screenshot 2015-01-14 at 7.41.45 PM.png (858.92 KiB) Viewed 9822 times
Bank Theressa

Re: The X-Files

Post by Bank Theressa »

Sorry...First season, obviously.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
p-air
Roadhouse Member

Post by p-air »

From Season 1, Episode 16 "Young at Heart" (pardon the image quality).
Attachments
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg (126.92 KiB) Viewed 9661 times
IMG_0525.jpg
IMG_0525.jpg (129.48 KiB) Viewed 9661 times
Tooms

Post by Tooms »

Hey Guys :)

First of all, i don't speak english correctly so excuse the occasional error :oops:

Anyway, i'am huge fan of twin peaks and my second tv series is The X-Files. 6. 10. X-Files has premiere in Cannes with first episode and reviews is great.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... k2uba.html

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m ... ows-829845

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s267/t ... LTdGl5bEtr
Everyone seems to be pretty excited about the upcoming X-Files miniseries scheduled to air on Fox in January, and not just because every 10-second snippet gives us goosebumps. But in case you were worried that, much like back in middle school when jocks would see your “I Want To Believe” T-shirt and immediately wedgie you, you were in the distinct minority about this news, rest easy: Everyone is fucking pumped.
And this

The audience packed into Cannes' Grand Auditorium broke out in spontaneous applause multiple times — including when Duchovny and Anderson first appeared — and the crowd whooped and cheered as the closing credits rolled. But perhaps the biggest applause came earlier, when the opening credits — with The X-Files' trademark intro music — hit the screen.

In a treat for X-Files' traditionalists, Carter has kept the series' original opening credits exactly as they were when the show first aired back in 1993.
Next premier will be in New York 10. 10. and next year in january 24. 1.

I'm so happy right now. I hope that the Twin Peaks have a such positive reactino. Fox they gave all for promotion and I'm worried about Showtime.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

thoughts?

some provocative storylines there and timely and thought provoking for sure.

i enjoyed it
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
Mace

Post by Mace »

I thought the third episode of this season was wonderful on so many levels. Witty, sardonic, humorous, challenging the viewer at every turn. It was a very well crafted episode that lifts the series from it's formulaic narrative structure. Bravo Mr. Morgan, bravo. Nice to see Kim Manners referenced in the episode albeit silently.
Valaquen
Roadhouse Member

Post by Valaquen »

I'm also heavily into the X-Files and it's a delight seeing the many cast members both shows share:

Off the top of my head, Don Davis played Scully's father in season 1's 'Beyond the Sea' (brilliant episode featuring Brad Dourif), Michael J. Anderson appears in Darin Morgan's season 2 episode 'Humbug', Michael Horse turns up in a werewolf story in season 2, and Richard Beymer's in season 4's Sanguinarium.

It's a damn shame they never got Kyle MacLachlan or Frank Silva to appear.