Boxset Now Available in NYC! (A Few Brief Comments)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

sorry, didn't have time to check out the first season episodes yet. I'll let you know tonight.

The second season episodes are in the same format at the previous release -no previously on, and no freeze frame stills for next time on. Also, full introduction for the opening credits, where the original ones towards the end were abbreviated.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

I'm about ready to pass out from anticipation of this box set. LOL At first I wasn't too hot on it...more like "Oh, yeah, complete set. I'll buy." But now hearing about how cool the documentaries and interviews are, I'm starting to get anxious for my copy!
Last edited by KahlanMnel on Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's good to want things..."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Anyone know of a list of known deleted scenes from the series? I know the FWWM ones. I'm aware of a few- James & his mom, Andy & Lucy buying donuts, and the ones included in the set. (And the alternate Maddy getting killed by Ben scene). I had read once that there really wasn't a whole lot that was shot that didn't make it to the screen. A little in the first season, but after that the writers and crew had pretty much figured out how much material to shoot.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Ross, there's a thread around here somewhere with all the known deleted scenes. Jerry has seen a lot of them I think.

Also, dugpa -there aren't any previously on Twin Peaks or next on Twin Peaks on any of the episodes. *I personally would keep the first season set that was released.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:Anyone know of a list of known deleted scenes from the series? I know the FWWM ones. I'm aware of a few- James & his mom, Andy & Lucy buying donuts, and the ones included in the set. (And the alternate Maddy getting killed by Ben scene). I had read once that there really wasn't a whole lot that was shot that didn't make it to the screen. A little in the first season, but after that the writers and crew had pretty much figured out how much material to shoot.
Does the James & his mom scene exist? Or the Ben kills Maddy scene? I thought these were 'gone' forever?

- Johnny/Audrey/Sylvia/Jacoby scene 'You pushed him down the stairs'
- Johnny/Jacoby 'Shooting Buffalo'
- Shelly/Norma talking by truck (2 angles)
- Leland talks to funeral people on phone
- Lucy/Andy buy donuts
- Donna/James 'The Haywood Light Show'
- Invitation To Love uncut sequence
- Jerry/Heba at roulette
- Jerry/Heba on stairs
- Outside of Palmer residence. Maddy is heard screaming 'Somebody Help Me'
- Jacoby does dance inside office
- Outside shot of Briggs' home w/tank in yard
- Leo jumping off truck
- Cooper/Truman getting out of car and then 'Ducks on the lake'
- Blackie/Audrey at OEJ - 'Just Like Highschool'
- Big Ed and friend inspect Exercise bike
- Leo smashing lightbulb
- Nadine - 'I'm gonna get a good lawyer'
- Pete serves Truman and Josie trout (I can't remember if this a deleted scene or outtake)
- Lucy/Andy in RR talking about raccoons

- At least 20 hrs of bloopers and out-takes

Anyone know of anymore deleted scenes or ones i missed?

I see that Charles de Lauzirika has joined the board. Perhaps he can tell everyone the true story surrounding the deleted scenes issue?
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Hey Jerry, thanks a lot for posting the scenes! Have you actually seen all these? Have any idea which episodes they belong to?

You should add the James & his mom scene to the list. Seems like its one of the most famous because they tried using it twice, AND its the only deleted scene that's directly mentioned on the show. I really thought this one would be on the DVD.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Charles de Lauzirika

Post by Charles de Lauzirika »

Jerry Horne wrote:I see that Charles de Lauzirika has joined the board. Perhaps he can tell everyone the true story surrounding the deleted scenes issue?
Soon. :wink:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Charles de Lauzirika wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I see that Charles de Lauzirika has joined the board. Perhaps he can tell everyone the true story surrounding the deleted scenes issue?
Soon. :wink:
Right on Charles! Good to have you here. I look foward to it!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:Does the James & his mom scene exist? Or the Ben kills Maddy scene? I thought these were 'gone' forever?
I wouldn't be surprosed if the Ben footage was gone for good at this point- I mean I'm sure the footage of Ben was never edited together into any sort of a scene. (Well, I'm not SURE, but why would it have been?) As for the James scene, it was shot for certain- never heard anyone say that the footage was "lost".
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

The Ben scene was edited, color corrected and everything -right up until the end of the due date for delivering the episode to the network. The real ending was given at the last possible moment.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Audrey Horne wrote:The Ben scene was edited, color corrected and everything -right up until the end of the due date for delivering the episode to the network. The real ending was given at the last possible moment.
Really? I never knew that (or I've forgotten reading that). Seems like a pretty strange (time-wasting) thing to do since by the time they had to deliver the episode, they would have been well into shooting later episodes where you could see that the killer obviuosly wasn't Ben.
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

correct me if i am wrong but there were a few weeks of hiatus after the murderer was revealed over holidays that year, also after leland died, there was another month hiatus and Ben was NOT in the two episodes after the murder wrapped up. so they easily could have played it off and had three months of shooting until Ben reappered
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

kingsoprano718 wrote:correct me if i am wrong but there were a few weeks of hiatus after the murderer was revealed over holidays that year, also after leland died, there was another month hiatus and Ben was NOT in the two episodes after the murder wrapped up. so they easily could have played it off and had three months of shooting until Ben reappered
Yeah, but I don't think those "hiatuses" were actually planned. The show just kept getting preempted it because of low ratings (or whatever reason ABC had).
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

okay, I'm a big nerd.

The Audrey rescue through the death of Maddy episodes were aired at the start of November sweeps (it started at the end of October that season) -that's a time when you have you're more explosive storylines for viewers. The Maddy death was followed by the episode where her body is found the next week. Then there was a few weeks until Leland's death in December. This is the norm for television, it isn't a hiatus. Twin Peaks however, never aired repeats during the second season. It followed the normal schedule for television until it was put on hiatus in February. This is when it was uncertain is they would show the last six episodes ordered for the series, some of which had not finished shooting.

*I only know about the Ben Horne finished product because it's on THE NEW DVD (whoo hoo!!)
*I don't know how they were able to do this since most likely that was filmed in late september/early October and following episodes had to have been shot as well. I know the scripts had decoys like Big Ed being the erratic driver instead of Leland (complete with BOB reflection) but don't know if any of these were shot to continue fooling cast and crew.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

king, Ben was in all the episodes.