'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/

Post by Soolsma »

I'm sure we'll have some more information before the book is released, to warm us up and pump up presales
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

This book also sort of evens out the field for the creators. Lynch got to make FWWM exactly as he saw fit and now Frost has this book.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

eyeboogers wrote:This book also sort of evens out the field for the creators. Lynch got to make FWWM exactly as he saw fit and now Frost has this book.
Although I would guess some of the creative ideas and narrative for the book also come from Lynch since this is being done in tandem with the new season?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Great cover! Pre-ordered and waiting.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
DeerMeadowRadio
RR Diner Member

Post by DeerMeadowRadio »

I don't think all of this talk about going back in to the town's history is far off. Frost had planned such a novel many years ago (see his old Wrapped in Plastic interviews). I remember him talking about getting deep into ancient times and how the formation of the mountains had an effect on the town. I imagine some of those ideas, in an evolved form, will show up in the new book.

So fired up for this...
chalfont wrote:
Soolsma wrote:I'm hoping there will also be some history preceding all of the classic series events, possibly even before the town was settled, some native American history perhaps or the origins of the presence in the woods.
Interesting. I remember 2-3 years ago, before the announcement of "season 3", there was a discussion on if TP were to return - how could/would/should they do it. Back then, I had a "vision", that the best and maybe only way was to go way back in time - when the first settlers started buliding the town - including stories of native americans, the presence in the woods, Ghostwood, Glastonbury Grove and introducing familiar names as Palmer, Horne, Truman, Hayward etc. So I really hope some elements in the book will go in that direction.

Come Listen to Deer Meadow Radio - A Twin Peaks Podcast

http://www.deermeadowradio.libsyn.com/
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

eyeboogers wrote:This book also sort of evens out the field for the creators. Lynch got to make FWWM exactly as he saw fit and now Frost has this book.
I'm guessing Lynch had far more input on this venture than Frost did with FWWM.
philosofish

Post by philosofish »

The old "Access Guide" that came out when the original series was on included bits of the history of the town as well as the history of prominent families (Palmers, Hornes, Packards). It also had lots of photos and illustrations. I wonder if this will be a vastly expanded version of that, but with a plot.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

philosofish wrote:The old "Access Guide" that came out when the original series was on included bits of the history of the town as well as the history of prominent families (Palmers, Hornes, Packards). It also had lots of photos and illustrations. I wonder if this will be a vastly expanded version of that, but with a plot.
I was just thinking the same thing. I think I only read the guide once, maybe it's time to revisit that book.
It's possible Frost expanded a lot of the stuff he wrote there.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

philosofish wrote:The old "Access Guide" that came out when the original series was on included bits of the history of the town as well as the history of prominent families (Palmers, Hornes, Packards). It also had lots of photos and illustrations. I wonder if this will be a vastly expanded version of that, but with a plot.
I think that book was largely by Peyton/Engels and random freelancers. It was very tongue-in-cheek; I doubt it reflected much of Frost & Lynch's plan. But we shall see.
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: I think that book was largely by Peyton/Engels and random freelancers. It was very tongue-in-cheek; I doubt it reflected much of Frost & Lynch's plan. But we shall see.
The other two books have been contradicted by Fire Walk With Me, now it's the access guide's turn
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Jerry Horne wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Still not available to pre-order from Amazon UK. Anyone heard whether it will be released in the UK?
It will.
Finally available to pre-order on Amazon UK as well now and for only £16.99. That's even cheaper than on the American site!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-History- ... Twin+Peaks
The next time you see me it won't be me...
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Now it's available on Amazon India too!!!! But no option for pre-order
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

MysteryMan wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Still not available to pre-order from Amazon UK. Anyone heard whether it will be released in the UK?
It will.
Finally available to pre-order on Amazon UK as well now and for only £16.99. That's even cheaper than on the American site!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-History- ... Twin+Peaks
Actually this is the correct link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-History- ... Twin+Peaks
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Interesting that the UK version of the book seems to have an additional 52 pages... Amazon.com lists the book as having 304 pages whilst Amazon.co.uk lists it as having 356...
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

MysteryMan wrote:Interesting that the UK version of the book seems to have an additional 52 pages... Amazon.com lists the book as having 304 pages whilst Amazon.co.uk lists it as having 356...
Probably just a typo on Amazon's part.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM