Episode 27 question (spoilers) - who is the "sad"

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Episode 27 question (spoilers) - who is the "sad"

Post by silenttwn »

This is pertaining to the episode opening up on Rusty in the pawn chess piece Windom Earle made. After Truman and Cooper question his friend, we follow them to the sheriff's station, where they're stopped by Lucy and told that, "Deputy Hawk is in your office sheriff. He's with somebody I've never seen before but he looks really sad so Hawk is feeding him breakfast." Unfortunately, this is never followed up on and there are no scenes with Deputy Hawk and this "sad" person. Any ideas who this might've been?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

it's the friend of the guy who Windom killed in the big giant pawn piece.
they question him earlier.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

'Heavy metal roadie' ?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

Ah, that makes sense. The order of events is weird just because after that opening scene you think they're done with that guy. Thanks.
tomgushue

Post by tomgushue »

This reminds me of a similar question I had...

I forget which episode, but I think it's late in season one, Lucy answers a phone call for Harry. She says that she can't put Harry on unless the caller tells her his/her name. The caller never does, so Lucy hangs up, and no more is ever said about it.

I've always assumed it was Phillip Gerard/Mike. It's definitely an intriguing moment, and the fact that it's never mentioned again makes it all the more interesting.

Thoughts?
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

I just watched that episode last night! And I was wondering the same thing, whether we ever found out... Mike was my first guess. Or maybe Johnathan (Josie's cousin/associate).

Oh, and who does everyone think was that man hiding behind Leo Johnson in episode 2? I used to think it was Jacques, but later sources make me believe Bobby knows who Jacques was. My dad thought it was Ben Horne, but it was clearly not. His silhouette was the wrong shape. Whoever it was Leo knew him and was working with him.
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

The Magician wrote:I just watched that episode last night! And I was wondering the same thing, whether we ever found out... Mike was my first guess. Or maybe Johnathan (Josie's cousin/associate).

Oh, and who does everyone think was that man hiding behind Leo Johnson in episode 2? I used to think it was Jacques, but later sources make me believe Bobby knows who Jacques was. My dad thought it was Ben Horne, but it was clearly not. His silhouette was the wrong shape. Whoever it was Leo knew him and was working with him.
I always thought it was probably Ben Horne.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
tomgushue

Post by tomgushue »

The Magician wrote:I just watched that episode last night! And I was wondering the same thing, whether we ever found out... Mike was my first guess. Or maybe Johnathan (Josie's cousin/associate).

I always thought it was supposed to be Ben Horne, and never noticed the shape/size difference of the silhouette. Maybe it was supposed to be Ben Horne, but because Richard Beymer didn't actually need to be in the scene, they just used a stand-in? Who knows. Does anyone have a picture of it?

Also, going back to the phone call, I always thought it was Phillip Gerard/Mike, because Harry had told him to drop by the office at his convenience, but he hadn't done so yet. The fact that he wouldn't reveal his name makes me believe he was more Mike than Phillip at the time.

What's more interesting to me though, even more than who it was actually calling, was what they wanted to tell him and why they wanted to remain anonymous.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I think Frost talked about this in Behind Twin Peaks. The story arc was scrapped -the person was irrelevant and never revealed.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

I'll post a picture, but how do you do that? How do you post pictures on these forums?

And I agree, Audrey. I think he was another character with a connection to Leo we don't need to know about. Just like John Justice Wheeler's mysterious South American murder he has to rush off to, it's another great mystery that entices us forever, never being revealed.
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.