What happened to Donna? (Casting SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What happened to Donna?

Donna will be recast (please name an actress from the cast list)
33%
Donna left town
38%
Donna is dead
17%
Lara Flynn Boyle will make a surprise cameo appearance as Donna
6%
Moira Kelly will make a surprise cameo appearance as Donna
5%
Other (alternative theories welcome!)
1%

Total votes: 215
rewak
RR Diner Member

Re: What happened to Donna? (Casting Spoilers)

Post by rewak »

Left town or passed away would be my bet, something to be explained in the upcoming book.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

My ideal scenario...

Donna is recast. Let's say Lisa Coronado. Maybe not a big part, but she somehow is involved in the supernatural side of things. She's in the lodge. Opens the curtain, comes face to face with Lara Flynn Boyle and Moira Kelly. :shock:
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

in a way, another actor interpreting the role would be the fourth physical/behavioural transformation of this character: s1 lfb -> s2 lfb -> kelly -> ???

so it kinda fits with the idea of donna as somehow protean (a bit like how laura with her various wigs literally seems like a different person every time we see her)

anyway I like the character so I hope she's in, although it would have been nice to have boyle or kelly back
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Hopper wrote:The wink-wink kinda response that Coronado gave to a fan in Twitter when se was asked about the possibility of playing Donna was enough for me.
^^^
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Yeah, I'm going for recast and Lisa Coronado too.

If James Hurley's in the show, along with other members of the Hayward family, it would be odd not to feature Donna.

Soap opera producers recast actors and actresses all the time and don't often even bother to hire someone who resembles the previous actor, so I have no concerns about watching a decent actor or actress playing a character in Twin Peaks. And, with Donna, there's a recasting precedent set anyway.

I wonder who else new is playing familiar characters.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Snailhead wrote:My ideal scenario...

Donna is recast. Let's say Lisa Coronado. Maybe not a big part, but she somehow is involved in the supernatural side of things. She's in the lodge. Opens the curtain, comes face to face with Lara Flynn Boyle and Moira Kelly. :shock:
Anything along the lines of this scenario would blow my mind.
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

What about, you know, Monica Bellucci? 8)
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Recast as Lisa Coronado, but in my opinion it'll be a very small cameo, which is prob the reason why LFB said no. Money wasn't interesting enough.
AgentCoop
Roadhouse Member

Post by AgentCoop »

I'm in the recast/Coronado camp. Her resemblance to Moira is striking.
I'm an admin for The Genius Of David Lynch, Facebook's best DL group. Hit us up to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374245592894483/
jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Post by jakemartinez »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Recast as Lisa Coronado, but in my opinion it'll be a very small cameo, which is prob the reason why LFB said no. Money wasn't interesting enough.
Agreed. Hope the part isn't small, but Lisa did say on Twitter that she was happy to have a very small part in the family. I think that the part was essential because of the boy, the truck and Donna. I have a feeling it's all connected but was not possible for Donna to be removed from the script.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

jakemartinez wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Recast as Lisa Coronado, but in my opinion it'll be a very small cameo, which is prob the reason why LFB said no. Money wasn't interesting enough.
Agreed. Hope the part isn't small, but Lisa did say on Twitter that she was happy to have a very small part in the family. I think that the part was essential because of the boy, the truck and Donna. I have a feeling it's all connected but was not possible for Donna to be removed from the script.
I completely agree with this! I think Coronado is Donna, as well.

Do we know how old Lisa Coronoado is? I can't find any information anywhere. I'd guess early 40s (though she looks damn good for that age!)
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

An emoji on Twitter can mean anything or nothing. I don't think she's old enough and I don't think she's Donna. I think Donna's out.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Does anyone have a screen shot of Lisa Coronado's Twitter response to the Donna question?

Also, are there any other candidates for a Donna recast from the cast list? When I first heard about Ashley Judd joining the cast, I thought she'd be an amazing, strong Donna... but someone debunked that theory, I believe.

Since Mary Jo Deschanel (Eileen) and Jessica Wallenfells (Harriett) aren't on the list, we know there's not going to be a full Hayward family reunion, alas. Harriett's absence isn't unexpected, but Eileen's is... I still can't believe she's not in it! With half the Haywards in and half of them out, Donna's presence in the new season really is a toss up.

I'd love to finally learn how Eileen got confined to that wheelchair. Maybe the answer will be in the Secret History?
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

madeleineferguson wrote:Does anyone have a screen shot of Lisa Coronado's Twitter response to the Donna question?

Also, are there any other candidates for a Donna recast from the cast list? When I first heard about Ashley Judd joining the cast, I thought she'd be an amazing, strong Donna... but someone debunked that theory, I believe.
I don't know what Jane Adams looks like now but she may have some potential?
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

madeleineferguson wrote:I wish we had one word from Moira Kelly about this! To my knowledge, we haven't heard anything from her at all about the new season of Twin Peaks. Was she asked? Would she even be interested?
madeleineferguson wrote:But I'll just about lose my mind if either Lara or Moira make a surprise cameo. In my dreams, they both would.
With you on both of these. I understand why LFB isn't doing it. I don't really understand why Moira Kelly isn't. Why recast a 3rd time, when you have the 2nd Donna presumably available & ideal for the part? And yeah, I still love the idea of casting BOTH Donnas. Although now that we're apparently seeing additional recasts the virtue of that idea (winkingly explaining/acknowledging the appearance of two different actors in-world) is kinda reduced.
Last edited by LostInTheMovies on Sat May 14, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.