The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by bob_wooler »

I've tried to search the internet for a list or an overview of which TP-character was created by who (Lynch or Frost or Engels etc). Can't seem to find any. Somebody know were I might find this?
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Did anyone catch Angie Tribeca on TBS this week? Rashida Jones, daughter of Peggy Lipton, is the star of the show. Heather Graham was guest star on the show this week. I finally realized they were connected through Peggy Lipton. Since Heather played Peggy's sister on TP, I guess that kind of makes her like Rashida's aunt or something.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

This is completely unrelated to Twin Peaks but, Mark Frost's nephew Lucas Giolito is the top pitching prospect in baseball and makes his major league debut tomorrow night for the Washington Nationals. Mark must be so excited!
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Kyle MacLachlan picked my art as one of the two winners of his little #cooplovescoffee initiative!!! :shock: :oops: :D
Attachments
Screenshot_20160801-193627.png
Screenshot_20160801-193627.png (201.82 KiB) Viewed 14024 times
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Congrats laughingpinecone, it's really good!
Valaquen
Roadhouse Member

Re: SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime SPOILERS Thread

Post by Valaquen »

Did anyone see what Michael J Anderson wrote on his Facebook account? Not sure if it's old but it popped up on my feed ten minutes ago:

REMOVED BY MODERATOR.

:?:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Please do not post any potentially libelous words/qoutes from Michael Anderson.

Thank you.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

[quote="laughingpinecone"][/quote]

Nice work LPC! :D
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Umm, yeah, I totally know how to quote properly...
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Random question: Is it just me that feels completely disgusted that an actual band named themselves Twin Peaks? I don't know if that's the worst about them or the fact that they're a mere 90's indie/lo-fi groups rip off.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Disgusted, no... profoundly annoyed, in this day and age where everyone is necessarily aware of how hashtags work, YES. They're all over the Tumblr tag and I can't stand their faces by now. Refusing to listen to their music on principle.

(And thanks Agent Sam Stanley and Saturn's Child! I still can't believe it!)
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Esselgee wrote:Did anyone catch Angie Tribeca on TBS this week? Rashida Jones, daughter of Peggy Lipton, is the star of the show. Heather Graham was guest star on the show this week. I finally realized they were connected through Peggy Lipton. Since Heather played Peggy's sister on TP, I guess that kind of makes her like Rashida's aunt or something.
Just an update on Angie Tribeca... Tonight was the season finale. Heather Graham has been recurring this season. She was in the season finale and guess who else showed up. That's right...Peggy Lipton. She played Angie Tribeca's mom of course. So Peggy and Heather were actually in the same scene together. They never appeared in the same shot though so they might not have even been on set at the same time but I sure hope they were.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Another Random thing: is it just me that Don't get Cooper's Penguin Joke at all? If someone would kindly explain
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Major Briggs wrote:Another Random thing: is it just me that Don't get Cooper's Penguin Joke at all? If someone would kindly explain
Penguins' black body and white chest resemble a tuxedo.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mace

Post by Mace »

Cooper: I’ve got a joke for you: a couple of penguins are walking across an iceberg and the first one says to the second, “You look like you’re wearing a tuxedo.” And the second one says, “Maybe I am.”

The way I see it, the joke is more cute than laugh out loud funny but I think (consciously or subconsciously) Cooper uses that joke because he likes Annie and he wants to see what kind of reaction she gives to a cute/corny joke. He elicits a reaction from her that exposes the mutual giddieness that they both experience when they are near each other.

In essence, only someone in love like Cooper would tell a cheesy joke like that to a woman he is very attracted to. And in turn, only someone in love like Annie would laugh at Cooper's joke with such abandon simply because she herself is smitten by Cooper.

In a way the scene obliquely mirrors Copper and Truman interview of Josie in Episode 1. Cooper's deductive technique is so sharp that he spots Truman and Josie's relationship through their body language. On the other hand Cooper (in Episode 25) is so smitten by Annie and so oblivious to his own lovestruck behavior that even Harry (not the guy with the greatest observational skills) can see the obvious attraction between the two of them.

Also, for me, the joke (intentionally or unintentionally) is a bit of foreshadowing of the Doppelgänger Cooper that would exit the Black Lodge. It looks like Cooper... but is it really Cooper? Instead of a tuxedo we are dealing with Cooper's visage.