Sheryl Lee

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Nighthawk
RR Diner Member

Sheryl Lee

Post by Nighthawk »

I am really glad that Sheryl Lee is coming back for the upcoming Twin Peaks season. It seems that she hasn't had much luck with her acting career since her seminal turn as Laura Palmer. It's quite puzzling, actually, that such a talented person was not utilized to create other amazing on-screen characters. I just had an idea that it would be a great concept to have a preview of her playing Laura again in the context of a real TV interview. Being sort of in character and talking about her life. But also to intertwine it with musings about what could have (or has) happened to Laura in the past 25 years. Of course Laura is physically dead in the Twin Peaks continuity, but her spirit is definitely alive in the Black Lodge so some background about her fate would be amazing to hear. It would be a very Lynchian thing for her to say, for example, that her arms often tend to bend behind her back, and show a quick shot of her bound wrists that is otherwise out of phase with the interview. Perhaps insert a quick shot of Bob's menacing presence to complete an otherwise serene picture... :)
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Re: Sheryl Lee

Post by Dalai Cooper »

You've just outlined the concept for the Between Two Worlds featurette, in which David Lynch interviews the Palmer family in the present day. I don't know if it's "out there" or if it can only be seen on the Blu-Ray, but I highly recommend it.

I don't think I've even seen Sheryl Lee in anything else!
Nighthawk
RR Diner Member

Post by Nighthawk »

"Between two worlds" sounds precisely like what I am talking about! It seems to be quite elusive though. I hope that there will be more ancillary material for us to feed on and digest, before, during, and after the show premieres.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Nighthawk wrote:"Between two worlds" sounds precisely like what I am talking about! It seems to be quite elusive though. I hope that there will be more ancillary material for us to feed on and digest, before, during, and after the show premieres.
https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Entir ... ks+blu+ray
^◊^

Post by ^◊^ »

crumble

Post by crumble »

wow. thank you for posting that. is that the entire thing? or just a segment of it.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Haven't watched the YouTube clip but on the bluray the character segment is followed by a conversation between lynch and the actors, and they watch a scene from the missing pieces. It's great! The entire mystery set is pretty essential, well worth picking up a cheap BR player for if you're in a position to do so.
Nighthawk
RR Diner Member

Post by Nighthawk »

Very interesting! It doesn't reveal very much, but this is exactly the concept I imagined. Hopefully we will see more of that before the show premieres. This is a perfect opportunity to introduce filler information so that it won't have to be spoon fed in the actual episodes. Perhaps that's asking a bit much, as this medium will have limited audience, but a few nods towards the most dedicated viewers wouldn't hurt.