Hidden Track / Easter Egg on new Season 2 CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

Sugardrugged Fairy wrote:After watching the pilot i realized that the track i found on DL.com is the one that played when Audrey told norwegians about Lora's death.
Really? Anyone know how to record a copy of it? I want that Norwegian track sooo bad.

"She'd been muurrrderrred."
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

The Magician wrote:
Sugardrugged Fairy wrote:After watching the pilot i realized that the track i found on DL.com is the one that played when Audrey told norwegians about Lora's death.
Really? Anyone know how to record a copy of it? I want that Norwegian track sooo bad.

"She'd been muurrrderrred."
I must say that I really hate hidden tracks and those damn easter eggs they put on DVDs. I think its really geeky and lame. If I buy a Cd or DVD I just want to enjoy all the contents - not find out that if you hit the left arrow 40 times whilst whistling Twin Peaks backwards you suddenly get a picture of Lynch picking his nose. I can't even get a copy of twin peaks in this country and meanwhile everyone else is creaming their jeans over exclusive bloody postcards. Marketing sucks.

Sincerely

Pissed off in the UK
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

The hidden track IS there on my CD. I know because when I analyse the tracks with NERO Burner, track 01 STARTS at the 04.21 position. Which means there IS a track of 4.21 duration sitting before track 01. But my CD player can't find it, Windows media player can't find it. My Windows Operating system can't see it, NERO can't access it.....

Ridiculous :evil:
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

I'll try ripping it with cdparanoia when I get it. It should be in the mail today or tomorrow. I'll e-mail it to you.

I completely agree on easter eggs. Am I supposed to be looking for stupid hidden things on every fucking dvd I own? Or search for it on fan forums? One thing is David Lynch picking his nose (which made me laugh, btw!), but on the Walt Disney Treasures DVDs they even put essential short films as hidden easter eggs! What's the deal with that?! Get it out in the open!
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Evenreven wrote:I'll try ripping it with cdparanoia when I get it. It should be in the mail today or tomorrow. I'll e-mail it to you.

I completely agree on easter eggs. Am I supposed to be looking for stupid hidden things on every fucking dvd I own? Or search for it on fan forums? One thing is David Lynch picking his nose (which made me laugh, btw!), but on the Walt Disney Treasures DVDs they even put essential short films as hidden easter eggs! What's the deal with that?! Get it out in the open!
Even - once again you come to the rescue - you are totally excellent sir! :)
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:A program called Isobuster, available for free trial, can be used in order to extract this track for eventual use on MP3 players. It shows up as Track 00.
Just in case folks didn't spot this. My free trial version of Isobuster extracted the track very easily.

Now, does anyone have a link to where the phone number comes in useful? DL.com looks like one of those arty sites which is an absolute pain to use.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:A program called Isobuster, available for free trial, can be used in order to extract this track for eventual use on MP3 players. It shows up as Track 00.
Just in case folks didn't spot this. My free trial version of Isobuster extracted the track very easily.

Now, does anyone have a link to where the phone number comes in useful? DL.com looks like one of those arty sites which is an absolute pain to use.
Yes i missed this - thanks. I downloaded Isobuster and can see the track 00 but can't see how you extract it as an mp3 or wav - could you describe what to do please?
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

cubist wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:

Yes i missed this - thanks. I downloaded Isobuster and can see the track 00 but can't see how you extract it as an mp3 or wav - could you describe what to do please?
I will do once I've reminded myself on my home machine.:)
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:
cubist wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote: Just in case folks didn't spot this. My free trial version of Isobuster extracted the track very easily.

I will do once I've reminded myself on my home machine.:)
Thanks! I did extract the file as a .tao which appears to be some sort of zipped up file but don't know how to make it playable...
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

It's a disk image. Try to mount it back into isobuster again. Hopefully, you will get the option to unpack a wav file.
(I have no idea if this works - never tried - and I don't have a windows computer handy to try it out. But it's worth a shot.)
exfedex

Unbelievable Frustration

Post by exfedex »

OK, I have Isobuster and this is what I get everytime I try to extract Track 00 as a .wav file.

A window pops up with:

Sector 0 couldn't be read
Error 05/64/00

RETRY,
Select an Option
Or QUIT.

Selection:

-Omit Sector
-Replace With All Zeroes
-Replace With User Data All Zeroes
-Replace With Erroneous Sector

I've tried every one of those and hit "retry" yet NOTHING works. Does anybody that's more technically inclined than I am know what's going on here?
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

I get that with ISO Buster too. I've no idea how to extract this lil track BUT I have found a way to play it! For those of you who can't get your CD player to play it, here's what i did. I put the CD into my DVD player (its a region free Yamada that cost me £30.00 so not a high tech machine). The CD loads and starts to play track 1. Then on the remote I pressed the button which allows you to enter in the track number ("Select" I think) and entered 00. Hey Presto - the hidden track plays!
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Re: Unbelievable Frustration

Post by cubist »

exfedex wrote:OK, I have Isobuster and this is what I get everytime I try to extract Track 00 as a .wav file.

A window pops up with:

Sector 0 couldn't be read
Error 05/64/00

RETRY,
Select an Option
Or QUIT.

Selection:

-Omit Sector
-Replace With All Zeroes
-Replace With User Data All Zeroes
-Replace With Erroneous Sector

I've tried every one of those and hit "retry" yet NOTHING works. Does anybody that's more technically inclined than I am know what's going on here?
You won't be able to save it as .wav cos the hidden track isn't a .wav. If it was the CD would be over the 80 minute mark - which it can't do. It must be some sort of mpeg file. I have managed to get past the bit you're stuck on but it hasn't got me anywhere! Stick the damn thing in yer DVD player - you should be able to hear it then.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

But a regular cd player can't play mpg, it can only play redbook-encoded wav files. So it must be regular audio. I think the total time that shows up on the display includes the index times. That could explain why it's less than 80 minutes long, couldn't it?
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Evenreven wrote:But a regular cd player can't play mpg, it can only play redbook-encoded wav files. So it must be regular audio. I think the total time that shows up on the display includes the index times. That could explain why it's less than 80 minutes long, couldn't it?
Hmmm....this is true Holmes, very true.......... :)