Streamline - WAH Soundtrack and other rare tracks

Lynch music collaborations other than Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Streamline - WAH Soundtrack and other rare tracks

Post by dugpa »

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the song "Streamline" by John Ewing and the All Stars? It was the song featured in WAH when Sailor and Lula are in the bar in New Orleans.

-B
Last edited by dugpa on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

Well, in fact there are lots of songs that were left out of the soundtrack..more than a dozen. Since the first time i saw WAH, ive been obsessively trying to find those songs.. So far i have been able to track down:
Kosmogonia - K.Penderecki (the spooky song played during the lipstick scene)
Wrinkles - The big three trio (played when sailor and lula are together in the car)
Wicked Game (instrumental version) - Chris isaak
Boomada - Les Baxter (played when sailor is beaten by the "faggots" in the end)
Avant De mourir - George Boulanger - (Played during mr Reindeer scenes)
Far Away Chant - African Head Charge - (played during Johnnie's death)..The film version is wayyyyy toned down..had to use a program to play that tune exactly the way that is played in the film.
In The Mood - Glenn Miller - (played in the beginning)

So far..im only missing "Streamline" and "Buried Alive"...

Have you tried to contact the record company that released that song? i havent been able to find it too...
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Both Streamline and Burried Alive are also tracks that I could never find commercially.

Streamline was done by a Los Angeles local band. I tried at one point to contact John Ewing and found that he passed away a few years back.

Buried Alive was a cover done by Billy Swan. It was also never commercially released but was done specifically for the movie. Lynch looped the first part of the song. I had obtained a copy of the original version but it didn't sound anything like the Billy Swan version.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

Dugpa, "Buried Alive" is played in what scene? You know, John Lurie also appears in the film..he has written some really good songs for Jarmuschi films....
Have you been able to track down some of the songs ive mentioned? if you want, i can send them to you...
What about if we contact Lynch? Maybe he could release those songs on his website..

Cheers
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Thnaks Auggeo. I have managed to track down those songs. Buried Alive plays in the scene with Sailor and Bobby in the Bar talking about making "easy money". Billy Swan is the guy playing the Guitar. He is just playing the same bar over and over again.

I asked Lynch about Streamline once in his chatroom and he said he couldn't remember where he found the song and thought a local band sent it to him.

Not sure if he would make it available unless he did a whole WAH Vol. 2 soundtrack, which in my opinion would be great.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

Ive also forgot "first movement"..its played during sailor and lula scenes at the motel.
The whole album is amazing..its called "this one for blanton" by Duke Ellington and Ray Brown..a album composed only by piano and bass :)
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Auggeo wrote: Far Away Chant - African Head Charge - (played during Johnnie's death)..The film version is wayyyyy toned down..had to use a program to play that tune exactly the way that is played in the film.
Auggeo,

It's great to find someone that is as passionate about tracking down all of the WAH songs as I am. I only know one other person that has been able to find all the songs except the two elusive ones. It is a shame that they never released a Volume 2 of the WAH songs.

If I ever come across the two missing songs, I will definitely let you know.

-B
Jules Vega

Re: Streamline - WAH Soundtrack and other rare tracks

Post by Jules Vega »

Could someone tell me which track played in that scene in big tuna motel with those strange guys (john lurie, jack nance etc.) ?
Thanks.