'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Pink Room

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by The Pink Room »

Hi, long time lurker here.

Just wondered if anyone knows if there is a difference between the UK and the US versions of the book.

The Book Depository site here in the UK has the US version listed as having 359 pages while the UK version apparently only has 352.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Secret-Hi ... a_aid=wttp

http://www.bookdepository.com/The-Secre ... =grid-view

I have also seen the US version listed as having 368 pages (on Amazon.com and welcome totwinpeaks.com for example) !!

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/the- ... eaks-book/

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-History-T ... 1250075580

Obviously the text will be the same but perhaps there are more photographs or a little something extra in the US version.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two and is it worth me shelling out the extra £10 or so for the US version ?
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Anyone get their hands on the audio book? If so, how's the production?
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

Just got my copy. Wasn't expecting a delivery on Sunday morning, not that I'm complaining.

The dust jacket is slightly dinged. I'm fine with that because it was going to end up like that eventually, but some of you might want to watch for that.

Now to dive in. See you in the spoiler thread in a week or so!
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

So, amazon still says November 7th for me. It's gonna be three looong weeks. :(
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I ordered the US version from the UK. Could be 5, maybe 6 weeks at the worst.
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

I ordered the signed edition from Powells and the signing isn't even till October 27 so I'm looking mid November I guess. Sucks gonna grab a download as soon as it's available and read it till my actual copy comes. So proud that it will be signed by Mark. Now I just have to find a reasonable priced Lynch auto. It's insane what his signature can go for. I doubt he will ever come close to Knoxville so there's no chance of acquiring one in person.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

The Pink Room wrote:Hi, long time lurker here.

Just wondered if anyone knows if there is a difference between the UK and the US versions of the book.

The Book Depository site here in the UK has the US version listed as having 359 pages while the UK version apparently only has 352.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Secret-Hi ... a_aid=wttp

http://www.bookdepository.com/The-Secre ... =grid-view

I have also seen the US version listed as having 368 pages (on Amazon.com and welcome totwinpeaks.com for example) !!
The US edition is 362 pages of content.
Robot Butler wrote:The dust jacket is slightly dinged. I'm fine with that because it was going to end up like that eventually, but some of you might want to watch for that.
Same here. I really don't like the weird "half dust jacket" thing anyway. It looks silly, and doesn't even line up with the book in a cool way (you're left with half of the "owl symbol" poking over the top, which looks really stupid). Wonder why they made it that way.
Scorched Pumpkin Oil

Post by Scorched Pumpkin Oil »

I just experienced the problem a few others mentioned earlier where Amazon suddenly changed my book's arrival date from 10/18 to 10/20 under the pretense that the release date had changed. However, the product page still showed a release date of 10/18 with guaranteed release day delivery which contradicted Amazon's shipping adjustment email.

After speaking with an Amazon customer service rep, they were unable to adjust my delivery date on their end. However, they pointed out that placing a new order and canceling the original order would change the arrival date from 10/20 back to 10/18. After following those instructions, the arrival date on my new order was indeed set at 10/18. We'll see if it actually sticks, but this technique may be worth trying to those of you that got switched to the 10/20 delivery date.
crumble

Post by crumble »

i placed my order from amazon US on thursday and it arrived today. also dinged, unfortunately. not sure why they didn't think to 'wrap it in plastic' prior to shipping, which is something a lot of comparable books i've ordered through amazon have done -- art books, etc, because of their status as collectable objects in addition to their status as books. i hope you guys all get yours soon.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Oh, I'm excited! I am moving so will wait to order it the beginning of November. Anybody here review on Amazon?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Tony Franciosa

Post by Tony Franciosa »

Amazon weirdness resolved. I'd ordered the novel first day it was available in February. Received the same 10/20 delivery date e-mail on Friday. Canceled and reordered. Both the book and audiobook shipped last night and will arrive tomorrow. Crisis averted.
Mace

Post by Mace »

Scott Ryan tries to buy the new Twin Peaks book:

https://youtu.be/tikvFrLOjb8
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Very excited. My book is dispatched now!!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Got a shipping notice for the CD's last night and the book at two in the morning. Both due on Tuesday (Street date)

When I was a kid, I worked in a video store and enforcing the street date was very important. I guess times have changed?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Well, they're being sticklers here in the uk as far as I can tell.