Great Northern Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by qbin2001 »

Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Mark Frost's UK Tour - POSTPONED
We are sad to announce that the tour to promote The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost is now postponed until 2017.

Owing to Mark Frost suffering from early symptoms of pneumonia, his doctor has advised him not to take any long flights and to rest. He therefore will not be travelling to the UK for press and events next week 14-19 November.

It is with sorrow and disappointment that Mark has had to do this and thanks his fans for the wonderful support that they have already shown since the publication of the book. We wish Mark a speedy recovery and hope to reschedule the tour for early 2017.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Obviously I'm gutted at this as I was seeing him in Glasgow but his health comes first. Hope he recovers quickly.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

I too hope he makes a speedy recovery. I'm not getting my hopes up, but as he is obviously shoe-horning things in on the build up to the new season promo, hopefully more thought goes into the locations he visits next year, as he seems to have bypassed the Midlands altogether on his previous dates. Understandably of course.

Puts it into perspective though when I hear of people in the US driving across states to go see him! So I shouldn't complain really. :P
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

sneakydave wrote:Obviously I'm gutted at this as I was seeing him in Glasgow but his health comes first. Hope he recovers quickly.
Yeah gutted Dave! was looking forward to it on Tuesday, meeting Mark and meeting yourself and a few other folks at it
Hopefully it's recheduled in the New Year and hopefully Mark gets well soon
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
Beautiful Photo!! Thanks for sharing!!
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

I've been told by the venue I was going to that it will be rescheduled in February 2017
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Venus wrote:I've been told by the venue I was going to that it will be rescheduled in February 2017
It Would be good the coincidence with the premiere of the series! :D
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

I hope that next time I get sick, I get 'Mark Frost' sick. Never seen the dude so active on social media...
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Looks like the price for the book is already falling. I bought it for $29 as pre-order (online from a Norwegian store) and the other day it was down to $23 when I found it in-store (bought it as a Christmas present for my nephew). Is it falling elsewere too?
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

bob_wooler wrote:Looks like the price for the book is already falling. I bought it for $29 as pre-order (online from a Norwegian store) and the other day it was down to $23 when I found it in-store (bought it as a Christmas present for my nephew). Is it falling elsewere too?
Other way round for me. The price has increased by 4€ (American version, flatiron) at where I ordered it from, but that could have to do with the strengthening of the dollar since the election. The British version I believe has increased with 1€.
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

You can get it from Amazon in the UK for under 10 pounds now. I think the pre-order price was 13 or thereabouts.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

douglasb wrote:You can get it from Amazon in the UK for under 10 pounds now. I think the pre-order price was 13 or thereabouts.
Ridiculously low pricing there. Wonder why it's twice(!) as expencive elsewere.
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

I guess they got all the die-hard fans to buy right off the bat and now they want the more casual viewers to buy.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

mlsstwrt wrote:I got this yesterday and admit I'm only part way through. I've skimmed through this thread and there seems to be universal acclaim for this book from what I've read but apologies if that isn't the case.

Does anybody else NOT like this book? For me the whole beauty and magic of Twin Peaks was how self contained it was. I'm not really interested in how the lovely, dreamy, isolated world of Twin Peaks ties in with US history, conspiracy theories, illuminati, etc. I hated all the X-Files UFO type stuff in the second season of Twin Peaks. Save it for the X-Files, Twin Peaks was meant to be so much more than that.

Laura was a little girl completely alone in the woods. Now she's part of some huge, sweeping historical landscape involving US presidents and various other famous figures. It doesn't sit right with me at all.
I share your sentiments.

I understand the reasoning behind the UFO part of the book, but it doesn't make it anymore intriguing for me. There were some good parts but for the most part I find myself hoping for the good stuff to come.
The cow jumped over the moon.