Official Thread - Twin Peaks - Jan 13 - Kyle Returns Promo

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: Official Thread - Twin Peaks - Jan 13 - Kyle Returns Promo

Post by Rainwater »

I think the execution is quite a bit better than the previous teasers. Don't be so hard on Showtime's marketing team - as tight as Lynch's grip is, I'm glad we're getting anything at all. It's actually impressive, if none of it is footage.
I'll see you in the trees
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

Was that major spoiler thread on imdb already discussed here?
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

I'm kinda skeptical of guy's credibility, but he doesn't seem to be trolling imo. Still not sure though.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Checked the imdb page and I have no idea what you're referring to. Post it in the SPOILER thread.
And, I'd be very surprised if any genuine information popped up on IMDb. Hasn't happened so far.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Rainwater wrote:Checked the imdb page and I have no idea what you're referring to. Post it in the SPOILER thread.
And, I'd be very surprised if any genuine information popped up on IMDb. Hasn't happened so far.
Spoiler thread is locked though.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Uh, interesting. I didn't notice that before. Maybe dugpa locked it by accident? Just post the link here, then.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

If this is about the old IMDB rumor re: a brothel, etc. I'm pretty sure that's all crap. That floated around in December as well and someone was insisting "Showtime is furious about the footage". We now know they've seen all of it and are behind it 100%.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

laughingpinecone wrote:
adl345 wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I think the meltdowns when the show airs will be epic. You have to remember this show has been all but sealed in amber for almost 30 years, and FWWM got a violent reaction as well.

I'm down for just about anything, but some other people, not so much.
I am so looking forward to those moments where fan theories that have been nursed for decades get obliterated by 30 seconds of dialogue.
The ones that have already been obliterated still thrive by discrediting more and more and more sources, up to and including one Mark Frost (quirky lovable Cooper, a tragic figure? No way!). Now we're down to the Lynch himself but I'm sure they'll find ways to ignore him too. Life finds a way and so does denial.
I don't think anyone is disputing Frost or Lynch's comments on the show.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

N. Needleman wrote:If this is about the old IMDB rumor re: a brothel, etc. I'm pretty sure that's all crap. That floated around in December as well and someone was insisting "Showtime is furious about the footage". We now know they've seen all of it and are behind it 100%.
That's it. The part about showtime being furious was fishy too me aswell. I just wanted to see if this was adressed here and if the guys claims were debunked.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:If this is about the old IMDB rumor re: a brothel, etc. I'm pretty sure that's all crap. That floated around in December as well and someone was insisting "Showtime is furious about the footage". We now know they've seen all of it and are behind it 100%.
That's it. The part about showtime being furious was fishy too me aswell. I just wanted to see if this was adressed here and if the guys claims were debunked.
Search the word in the search engine, we went over it last month IIRC.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

The rumor, which probably is crap, aside, do you think Nevins' choice of words, for instance, would be any different, had he actually disliked it? He's making money from it. I'm not insinuating anything here, just that statements from the suits at Showtime are one of the last places I'd look to determine the quality of the series. Maybe I'm overly cynical, I don't know.
mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Post by mujubuju »

That footage of the driving and cooper coming out of the shadows looks incredibly stunning. I can't even fathom someone being disappointed with the aesthetic for this.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

To be fair this short promo clips are not a real indicator of how show will actually look like.
mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Post by mujubuju »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:To be fair this short promo clips are not a real indicator of how show will actually look like.
I think the driving shot is probably show footage, and there's a good chance the cooper shot is as well. But you're right, this whole project is shrouded in so much secrecy we can't say for certain. I just can't see them putting that much effort into showing footage of that nature for a teaser if it doesn't look like the source material.
freeek
Roadhouse Member

Post by freeek »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:To be fair this short promo clips are not a real indicator of how show will actually look like.
I hope they do. Again, a new season filled with the level of tension and darkness of Lost Highway is all I ask.

I don't intend to watch the new season with nostalgia tinted glasses. I want to be rocked to the bones. To be taken, to quote Miss Bell, "out of my comfort zone".