Alternate Twin Peaks S3

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Re: Alternate Twin Peaks S3

Post by TheAlien »

Bob falls in love with Mrs Tremond :lol:
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare
Soin

Post by Soin »

Wow Cappy, you have nailed the idiosyncratic tone of Twin Peaks. That was a highly entertaining read.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

laughingpinecone wrote: I completely agree with all of this! He's not as vibrant as the most iconic characters, it's easy to lose him in the background of Coop's soft ramblings, Margaret's enlightened-kitsch, Laura's sluggish non sequiturs, Lucy's repetitions and so many others. I hear from a lot of fanfiction writers that he's hard to get a hold of! Myself included, tbh - my first Twin Peaks fic was a Harry study from Josie's death to the morning of the pageant and I ended up writing it from the point of view of everyone else involved because even Ronette felt easier to grasp :lol: (Yikes, rereading it now, the Josie opening needs some work. Still mostly happy with the others, though)
...But he's still there, clearly defined and with a clear downward arc. His trading card sums him up neatly imho, he TRIES so hard to serve his town, to fit in, but he's always one step behind. And so he bonds with Josie, with Coop, even with Albert, all the outsiders, while his faith in his town gets destroyed with Laura's death first, then Josie, then Coop's disappearance.
The Ronette section actually might have been my favorite part. The anecdote about Ben's "sheaf pitch blunder" could've easily come right out of the tv show. :D