Goals to Accomplish While Waiting for S3

Off Topic discussion goes here.

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Forum rules
Friendly off-topic discussions are welcome.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Goals to Accomplish While Waiting for S3

Post by mtwentz »

The wait has been maddening, so I thought to myself the other day- every moment of life is valuable. Why not accomplish something, especially if it's health related that will put me into tip top condition, while the wait for May 21 continues.

So I have set a personal goal of walking 200 miles (in increments averaging slightly under 3 miles per day) while waiting for Season 3. I started yesterday, and already I feel my physical condition improving.

Has anyone else thought of a personal goal they would like to accomplish between now and May 21?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Goals to Accomplish While Waiting for S3

Post by Soolsma »

I'm trying to get in to art school for next year. My work is to be evaluated next month :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Actually OP, i think I might join you in getting a bit more physically active. Also, I need to get back into meditation. I began to feel myself thinking so much clearer, and remembering things with such clarity. I was also a lot more peaceful and patient, and now getting caught up in such a busy work and homelife, I just don't have the time and have notice worrying and stress becoming a large part of my life again, and I'm getting very forgetful indeed.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Soolsma wrote:I'm trying to get in to art school for next year. My work is to be evaluated next month :)
Good luck! Why not film school :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

hopesfall wrote:Actually OP, i think I might join you in getting a bit more physically active. Also, I need to get back into meditation. I began to feel myself thinking so much clearer, and remembering things with such clarity. I was also a lot more peaceful and patient, and now getting caught up in such a busy work and homelife, I just don't have the time and have notice worrying and stress becoming a large part of my life again, and I'm getting very forgetful indeed.
I need to get into meditation too- even just 10 minutes a day is better than nothing.

I read a book about Willpower that showed many experiments showing people who meditated even just a few minutes a day received significant benefits in exercising willpower.

If you start meditating again, what goal would you set for yourself?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

mtwentz wrote:
Soolsma wrote:I'm trying to get in to art school for next year. My work is to be evaluated next month :)
Good luck! Why not film school :-)
I'm trying for fine arts, which allows me to pretty much to go in any direction I want. Focusing on film is a possibility and indeed something I intend to aim for. The film schools I have checked out tend to mostly aim at the technical side of film making, while I want to further develop myself creatively first.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

So far, I have walked a total of 16 miles (two of them on a treadmill, as it has been getting cold outside.)

Only 184 to go. I expect I will have some 5 and even 10 mile days that will be needed form my '200 Miles to the Black Lodge' goal.

Also, another note: I finally broke down and purchased the Twin Peaks Archive for $9.99. Having some new TP music to listen to on the phone, in addition to audiobooks, should help make me slim and trim by May 21.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
the woods
Roadhouse Member

Post by the woods »

to my mind, you're making a good choice, soolsma.
i'm a college art professor and a reasonably lucky painter and sculptor, but i also do some filmmaking and screenwriting on the festival circuit. i believe i learned more about composition and about understanding and interpreting visual relationships from my design and painting classes than i did from all the film classes i took. of course, i shot on 16 and 32 mm in those days so i did learn to edit film from those classes. now i use premiere pro for editing of course so that kind of knowledge is implicit in the software now, so most people don't need to know how to physically cut film anymore. the best film school is watching films, especially now that most anything you want to see is readily available.
whatever you decide to do, art school is probably going to be a great experience on it's own terms and for it's own sake. grad school, especially, since you'll have your own studio and plenty of exhibition opportunites. whatever your medium is, you'll make friends and connections that will benefit you throughout your life and career. good luck to you and ars gratia artis!
next step: rocket science!
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Thanks The Woods

I've watched a hell lot of movies :D
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

To not die in a terrible accident
Maddy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Maddy »

1) To finish reading Gone With The Wind (which is one heck of a long novel). (I'm up to p724 yeesh it has taken me some time).
2) To start buying things/making hutch for bunny number 4. :D
3) To keep watching more other entertainment on NOWTV now I have it, it is well worth the money. (Aquarius with David Duchovny is quite good).
The Angels will return...