Twin Peaks Character Series - 82 entries, runs thru 5/19

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks Character Series - 82 entries, runs thru 5/19

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

CuriousWoman wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Julie (the Great Northern concierge)'s full name as Julie Delvic (evidently named after the location manager for the Pilot, who fulfilled the same function on LH and MD).
Thanks for these pieces of information. So the Pilot still has things to be discovered about even after over 25 years.

According to imdb, the location manager is Julie "Duvic", not "Delvic". Are you sure of the tag and/or manager name's spellings?
"Duvic" is indeed the correct spelling from the nametag. That will teach me to post from memory without consulting my notes.

Another quirky thing in the Pilot: the shoulder badges of the sheriff and deputies read "Diamond County" rather than "Twin Peaks." This is an interesting point, given the speculation recently that the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Dept. services a larger county. (The name also brings to mind Red Diamond City from FWWM.) The shoulder badges disappeared in the series proper. As far as I can tell based on a cursory Google, Diamond County does not seem to be a real location in that area, so it appears that the badges were made specifically for the production -- Wa. locals, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Thanks everyone for the comments. (I left a comment on my 60-character kickoff post with a link to Mr. Reindeer's so hopefully future readers can follow it.) Great point about Cyril Pons. I knew as I moved through the series I would remember characters I had forgotten to cover, but that's a huge one! And yes, that's definitely Mark Frost speaking in the pilot. I also am pretty confident that Frost dubbed the voice of the doctor talking to Doc Hayward in ep. 7 when they are looking over Jacoby in the bed. It sounds a lot like him.

Here are the entries for this week:

Mountie Preston King (#55)

Judge Clinton Sternwood (#54)

Emory Battis (#53)

Betty Briggs (#52)

DEA Agent Denise Bryson (#51)

And now, the top 50. Next week there are some pretty big ones (I'm surprised one in particular was so low, but I'm doing this based on screentime and that's how it shook out).
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I never noticed the teacher from the pilot shows up in FWWM! :o These are great.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Great job so far. Especially reading about characters I barely remembered or noticed is fun. Also very curious of your analysis of more prominent characters.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
LaurenceBranagh

Post by LaurenceBranagh »

Something strange that I have seen only on IMDb: there is a performer named David Chadwick who allegedly appeared in the Pilot and Episode 29 as two different characters, but I have never heard about him or his characters. I suspect it to be a hoax but can anyone confirm it?
I've looked into it multiple times ever since his name suddenly appeared on IMDb and I've come up with nothing. I currently suspect it to be a hoax, but if anyone has any information to confirm Mr. Chadwick's appearances I'd be ecstatic.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Really fascinating theory about Andrew putting the fish in the percolator... Now I can't help but imagine him lurking around the corner of all the scenes in TP. Was he at the Blue Pine Lodge the morning Laura washed up beside it? If the killer was never revealed, I'm certain that the investigation would have pulled Andrew into the light as a suspect.

But yeah, Andrew's article did really remind me how odd his character is. He is the most important character in the history of the town, yet he barely interacts with anyone.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Another week, another five entries! There was a really big one right in the middle; I was surprised to see how low she ended up in terms of screentime but the size of the entry is more comparable to what we'll see near the end of the series.

Black Rose "Blackie" O'Reilly (#50)

The Singer (#49)

Margaret "The Log Lady" Lanterman (#48)

Andrew Packard (#47)

Ernie Niles (#46)
teddyleevin
Roadhouse Member

Post by teddyleevin »

Things are about to heat up. So looking forward to seeing what's next.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Loved the one about Margaret. Great stuff all around.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

I have not seen it anywhere yet but I think I sorted out who plays who in the school bus scene of the movie. It was thanks to this interview with Yvonne Robrts (as First Prostitute):

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/actors/fi ... he-scenes/

the credited actors are:

Chris Isaak as Special Agent Chet Desmond (obviously)
Jon Huck as FBI Agent (also the sound mixer)
Mike Malone as FBI Agent (also the set dresser)
Joe Berman as Bus Driver (also an actual crew driver)
Yvonne Roberts as First Prostitute
Audra L. Cooper as Second Prostitute

plus we can see
uncredited actor as a 4th FBI Agent

The agent with glasses on the right side of the screen is called Gene in an unscripted line of Chet.

With the interview, we know that Yvonne plays the prostitute with a skirt and that an FBI Agent is portrayed by a man firstnamed Brian, sporting a mustache. Mike Malone is already known to be the FBI Agent with a cast on his left hand and has his face on IMDB so that's easy.

So,to sum it up, on the large picture used on your site that would be:
____________________________________________________________________________________Mike Malone
____________________________________________________________________________________FBI Agent (cast on left arm)

_________________________________________________________Joe Berman___Brian
_________________________________________________________Bus Driver____uncredited FBI Agent (mustache)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________Jon Huck
____________________________________________________________________________________________________FBI Agent Gene (glasses)

Audra L Cooper_____Yvonne Roberts_________Chris Isaak
Second Prostitute____First Prostitute (skirt)___Agent Chet Desmond (well, duh)

Furthermore the credited extras are in this order, going right to left. So I have very little doubts about my conclusion.

I suspect Brian to be one of the crew members, like the other FBI Agent extras, and the only Brian to be credited is Brian Bernstein as an assistant camera. Do any of you know if this could be the same Brian or not?

(completely unrelated but I noticed that in the Missing Pieces, the Pink Room is actually named 'the power and the glory' in the 2 places the script uses 'partyland', ie the name on the door and in discussion between Laura and the unnamed truck driver whose performer will come back in the revival. This does not seem to be common knowledge among fans)
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

True re: Partyland, and the Power & the Glory. I did think, for some reasons, that the credits referred to "The Pink Room" but now I see they refer to those performers under the header "The Power and the Glory". Could've sworn I double-checked somewhere that it was actually a name at least equally official to Partyland/P&G but now I can find no backup! So maybe I didn't and goofed. :/ Ah well, I do like Pink Room as it underscores some subtle parallels with the Red Room (Laura jumping up and screaming/running, her snapping her fingers downward.)

This week's characters:

Jacques Renault (#45)

Ronette Pulaski (#44)

Jean Renault (#43)

Mayor Dwayne Milford (#42)

Lana Budding Milford (#41)
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

I think the Missing Pieces uses "The Pink Room" in the credits for the band, actually. I did not check this part of the movie credits before, so that was common knowledge before The Missing Pieces release I guess.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Regarding Lana's post, Joel snuck in this humorous line:
Lana lays it on thick for Dick
I laughed out loud. :lol:
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

After reading the post about Philip Gerard, do we know who was drawn on the first sketch shown to him in the European pilot?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I've always assumed, for no particular reason, that the other sketch from the extended Pilot is Bob Lydecker. There's just a beautiful symmetry to it -- and that guy LOOKS like a veterenarian. (Btw, as brilliant as all of Strobel's work on the show is, I think his comically pissy delivery on "No, that's not Bob" might be my favorite thing he did for the show).

These entries get better and better. One thing I noticed in my rewatch/reread that I don't think was mentioned in the Log Lady entry: Peyton's Episode 9 script has Margaret ask Garland, re: the Log, "Do you know him?" In the filmed version, Lynch and Coulson made the subtle change to, "Do you know it?" This, coupled with the Coulson quote in her entry, makes it seem that Lynch and his ally Coulson actively resisted the easy answer (seemingly posited by Frost and the writers, most recently in TSHoTP) that the Log is inhabited by ol' Sam Lanterman.