Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by MoondogJR »

Soolsma wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Belgium - Be tv.
As far as I know (or can find) there is no Belgian TV channel under that name. There is één (which in neighbouring countries is dubbed Belgie één, Belgium One), but I can't find information about them broadcasting it anywhere.

Source?
It's this: http://www.betv.be/fr/programmes/. Twin Peaks is sheduled for 22nd of may.

I think it is something mainly for Wallonië, I have send an e-mail to ask wheter I can receive it in Flanders (Belgium is a weird country, in case somebody is wondering...)
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Kolja

Post by Kolja »

More Information about the german programming:
http://www.serienjunkies.de/news/twin-p ... 82566.html
Episodes in english will run parallel to showtime at 3am MEZ. German dubbed version the following thursdays at 8:15.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Last edited by Twink Peaks on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

i never used HBO Nordic but i will of course start a subscription close to the date.. but can you choose on/off for subtitles?
dreniu

Post by dreniu »

Hi all,

In Poland, HBO will show the new Twin Peaks season starting on 22nd of May with 2 hours premiere.
Moreover season 1 and 2 will be shown from 1st of May.
All episodes available also on HBO GO.
https://www.facebook.com/HBOPolska/phot ... =3&theater

Regards,
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

‘Twin Peaks’ Sets Deals for Germany, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe
CBS Studios Intl. has announced a raft of new deals for Showtime’s highly anticipated return of “Twin Peaks,” covering much of Central and Eastern Europe, including major-market deals in Germany and Russia.

“Twin Peaks” will be broadcast on Sky in Germany and Austria in parallel with its U.S. launch. The two-hour premiere airs simultaneously on May 21 on Showtime and in the early hours of May 22 in Germany and Austria via Sky On Demand, Sky Go and Sky Ticket. Sky Atlantic will then air a German-dubbed version of the show on May 25. The previous two seasons of the show, from a quarter-century ago, will be made available ahead of the launch on Sky Box Sets.

CBS secured twin deals in Russia for the return of “Twin Peaks” with the announcement of two licensing agreements. Russia’s TV-3 has taken free-to-air rights for the show, which will premiere in Russia in original language on May 22, just a day after its U.S. outing.

Amedia TV has acquired Russian pay-TV rights as part of a largely multi-platform licensing agreement for programming produced by CBS and Showtime. Amedia TV will also launch the show May 22 via its digital SVOD platform Amediateka.

CBS has also agreed a deal with HBO Europe that will see “Twin Peaks” premiere May 22 via HBO operator partners in Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Moldova, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

claaa7 wrote:i never used HBO Nordic but i will of course start a subscription close to the date.. but can you choose on/off for subtitles?
Yes, you can turn subtitles on/off as you please (tho, with this high level of secrecy to s03, will they get the series in advance for subtitling at all?).
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

bob_wooler wrote:
claaa7 wrote:i never used HBO Nordic but i will of course start a subscription close to the date.. but can you choose on/off for subtitles?
Yes, you can turn subtitles on/off as you please (tho, with this high level of secrecy to s03, will they get the series in advance for subtitling at all?).
thanks.. good point.

the original series is already on HBO Nordic as well now
Pölkkyrouva
Roadhouse Member

Post by Pölkkyrouva »

bob_wooler wrote:
I believe they get the series (or at least audio tracks) in advance. HBO Nordic has so far had every series they've shown in simulcast subtitled from Game of Thrones to Vikings. Quality isn't always top-notch when they have to translate in a hurry though. I bet Twin Peaks is no different, even though secrecy surrounding Peaks is maybe even higher than in GoT.

Btw I loathe that HBO uses those German episode names. Cringeworthy names like Rest in Pain make episodes feel much worse.
Last edited by Pölkkyrouva on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Let a smile be your umbrella. — FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Pölkkyrouva wrote:Btw I loathe that HBO uses those German episode names. Cringeworthy names like Reat in Pain make episodes feel much worse.
I wonder why nobody ever thought to ask L/F to come up with their own names for the episodes. I'm sure they could think of some interesting titles.
I'll see you in the trees
FrostedCherries

Post by FrostedCherries »

Great news about Sky Germany! So what we know for sure is there's going to be a simultaneous premiere of part 1 & 2 in the original version per VOD via e.g. a throwaway Sky Ticket subscription for the month of May. The rest of it will be on regular Sky Atlantic HD (dubbed version I take it) from the 25th with weekly parts, except for the first two weeks showing 2 parts each.

My question: I was going for monthly Sky Ticket subscriptions for the whole series. So that would have been May to September, which would be about 50 Euro in total. But does this make sense? And is Sky Atlantic HD even bookable via Ticket? It says "selected contents" are, no idea if TP will be one of them. Actually I didn't want to go for an annual subscription, but if it's the only way ...
"J'ai une âme solitaire."
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

MoondogJR wrote:
Soolsma wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Belgium - Be tv.
As far as I know (or can find) there is no Belgian TV channel under that name. There is één (which in neighbouring countries is dubbed Belgie één, Belgium One), but I can't find information about them broadcasting it anywhere.

Source?
It's this: http://www.betv.be/fr/programmes/. Twin Peaks is sheduled for 22nd of may.

I think it is something mainly for Wallonië, I have send an e-mail to ask wheter I can receive it in Flanders (Belgium is a weird country, in case somebody is wondering...)
I got a reaction from Be TV. Only available in Wallonie, not Flanders :(
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

For fellow UKers, could someone clarify for me how NowTV works exactly? If I get a NowTV box and a subscription, will I be able to watch Sky Atlantic live? The only issue I can think of is whether the box needs an aerial or whether it works wirelessly.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Metamorphia wrote:
For fellow UKers, could someone clarify for me how NowTV works exactly? If I get a NowTV box and a subscription, will I be able to watch Sky Atlantic live? The only issue I can think of is whether the box needs an aerial or whether it works wirelessly.
From what I understand, to watch Sky Atlantic live through NowTV you will need to connect the box to an aerial. Any catch-up apps go through the broadband. I'll have to do NowTV as well, I just hope the ads don't ruin it.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

You can play Now Tv on your computer (on their site, just like iplayer or Netflix) or your tablet (via their app) so if you have a way to run either of those through your tv you won't need an aerial