NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by h2nho »

adl345 wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:I doubt this thing about screening after the tv premiere to be true. Several outlets are reporting that it will screen in Cannes on the 21st. As such it is impossible for both things to be true. It would make little sense for Cannes to be the "re-run".
You mind linking to one, because I can't find any that say that? When I google "Twin Peaks, cannes, may 21" I see a bunch of articles that say some variation of "Twin Peaks, which is set to premiere May 21 on Showtime, will screen at Cannes" but not any that give out a specific screening date. In fact, some even make a point of saying there's no confirmed date yet, like this one:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/cannes-film ... 202069183/
The reason the screening time's so up in the air is because the final schedule for Cannes has not yet been ironed out and released. I believe I was something saying that it would be released next week, but don't quote me on that.

Also, just a thought that I don't have any evidence to support, but Cannes is typically used as a showcase for distributors to buy films. If TP is not up for sale (and it's not in competition), festival organizers may choose to slot it for later in the festival. I don't think it'll be opening the festival either.
DonnieB
Roadhouse Member

Post by DonnieB »

The premiere will be on at 3AM in France. People are who in Cannes are probably not going to stay up to watch Twin Peaks (and that's if they are even in a hotel with Showtime). Having the screening the next night is not really a big deal.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

!!!Image
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

To be honest, any glimpse we have seen of S3 Coop so far gives me worries.

Not in a way that it's not good or anything, but I worry about Dale. He has an unfamiliar face. We have yet to see him smile.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

dronerstone wrote:To be honest, any glimpse we have seen of S3 Coop so far gives me worries.

Not in a way that it's not good or anything, but I worry about Dale. He has an unfamiliar face. We have yet to see him smile.
I agree. It's disconcerting to see Dale looking so grave!
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Pretty sure y'all are misreading a neutral expression.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I won't get worried until he orders cream and sugar with his coffee.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Madeleine Ferguson wrote:
djerdap wrote:
Madeleine Ferguson wrote:
God, I hope this doesn't mean the episodes or 'parts' will be shown out of sequence... That would totally ruin the experience.
The article says nothing of the sort.
It's hinted at pretty heavily, if you read between the lines.
Come on, people. No. That's just Lynch being Lynch musing about art and how to experience it. I'm sure material in the different parts/episodes interrelates story-wise but they are not running them out of order. Not everything is some deep intricate code or secret.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

N. Needleman wrote:Not everything is some deep intricate code or secret.
Amen. :)
Adolphus
Roadhouse Member

Post by Adolphus »

AXX°N N. wrote:Wait, so does Lim's book not feature any original interviews/snippets from Lynch himself? I was thinking of buying it but honestly that's my deciding factor.

Also Godwin did indeed put them out as ebooks as seen here and here:

http://www.cageyfilms.com/cageyfilms-bo ... -volume-1/
http://www.cageyfilms.com/cageyfilms-bo ... -volume-2/
I'd skip the Lim book and read the Lynch on Lynch and the Godwin books look interesting- I'm going to search those out myself.
As far as the mistakes in the Lim book- I'm not a proofreader, it was over six months ago that i read the book so I'd have to reread the book to find the mistakes- something I'm not going to be doing. Considering that Lim was cribbing from Lynch on Lynch the ( basic ) mistakes showed the book was either a rush job, or just an amateurish one.
Adolphus
Roadhouse Member

Post by Adolphus »

Major Briggs wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
dronerstone wrote:Why is everyone THAT excited about the Cannes news... wasn't that totally what many users on here expected? Happy, yes, surprised -> no. ;)
Because none of us can resist the chance to give a giant middle finger to Tarantino 25 years later.
Oh my God, he must be losing his sleep because of that...
No. he's losing sleep because he's a has been hack with nothing left in the tank.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Panapaok wrote:!!!Image
Notice the red Black Lodge curtains used as part of promoting the new season.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

eyeboogers wrote:
Panapaok wrote:!!!Image
Notice the red Black Lodge curtains used as part of promoting the new season.
It can be a notice of that the black lodge is going to be very important this season.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

dronerstone wrote:To be honest, any glimpse we have seen of S3 Coop so far gives me worries.

Well, yeah, I mean, remember where we left Cooper off...
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

DonnieB wrote:The premiere will be on at 3AM in France. People are who in Cannes are probably not going to stay up to watch Twin Peaks (and that's if they are even in a hotel with Showtime). Having the screening the next night is not really a big deal.
At the same time in Spain, more or less.