NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Major Briggs »

Mordeen wrote:
The Jumping Man wrote:The Jumping Man is a notable inclusion given his brief screen time so far. But then, I would say that...
Very notable, considering no Little Mike in The Return.

-Mordeen
Are you sure? (assuming ur talking about the character, not the actor, which we know for sure is out)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mordeen wrote:I feel like it's a good idea to pay close attention to how they reference Bob in that trailer. He's showcased almost as prominently as Coop. And Leland.

-Mordeen
Nothing unexpected about referencing Bob so much.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I'm certainly prepared to not see Heather, as much as I would love to. But I just hope they deal with Annie in SOME way. A mention, anything. To never mention her fate, as if she never existed, would be annoying as hell. And I'm not saying they will go that route....
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Major Briggs wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
The Jumping Man wrote:The Jumping Man is a notable inclusion given his brief screen time so far. But then, I would say that...
Very notable, considering no Little Mike in The Return.

-Mordeen
Are you sure? (assuming ur talking about the character, not the actor, which we know for sure is out)
Maybe they shifted MJA's stuff to the Jumping man?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I keep coming back to Mark Frost going out of his way to mention Lana winning the Miss Twin Peaks contest. Was that his way of getting fans to get used to no Annie?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Ross wrote:I'm certainly prepared to not see Heather, as much as I would love to. But I just hope they deal with Annie in SOME way. A mention, anything. To never mention her fate, as if she never existed, would be annoying as hell. And I'm not saying they will go that route....
I agree. I'm on the camp that says that Mark Frost is leading us on the wrong way about Annie in TSHOTP on purpose. And so does this trailer.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Jerry Horne wrote:I keep coming back to Mark Frost going out of his way to mention Lana winning the Miss Twin Peaks contest. Was that his way of getting fans to get used to no Annie?
Certainly doesn't seem to have worked to that effect.
Last edited by Rainwater on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll see you in the trees
sp.agent.dalecooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by sp.agent.dalecooper »

Ross wrote:I'm certainly prepared to not see Heather, as much as I would love to. But I just hope they deal with Annie in SOME way. A mention, anything. To never mention her fate, as if she never existed, would be annoying as hell. And I'm not saying they will go that route....
Given Lynch's choice to include Annie in FWWM, it seems highly illogical and unlikely that she will not at least get referenced or name dropped at some point, even if Heather Graham does not appear.
Chester Desmond
Roadhouse Member

Post by Chester Desmond »

Yay. Trees.:roll:
Hang loose, Houlies
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

The lack of Annie doesn't shock me.

Even when the show was first announced as coming back, I never thought Heather Graham would just because .. well, I would assume Annie would be one of the first to get killed by BOB, before anyone even knew BOB was back (/in Dale). After all isn't "How's Annie?" combined with a menacing/mocking laugh pretty much BOB putting a bullseye on her head.

I mean, I'll be in for a big shock if she actually is alive. I just assume they don't mention it because while it was a big cliffhanger, you can't really pin marketing on what would probably amount to one scene of Good Coop being shocked to find out that Annie was murdered pretty soon after the finale. As for her not being in TSHOTP, I assume it was because the moment you write her into the book (and by extension most of the Windom Earle stuff toward the end of Season 2, which should be notable enough to include in a dossier ..), you have to have TP avoid doing any background information on Annie (which in turn would spoiler whether or not she is alive).

(I should say, I'm talking as someone who hasn't read any spoilers or have any idea if she is/isn't coming back, this is just my gut talking)

But, yeah, as someone who doesn't even like Annie (I can sort of see the pages being written as they aim Coops affection at someone else due to the whole Coop/Audrey no-go), I'd still be bummed if they actually straight up never followed up on that in anyway (i.e., all there has to be is one scene of "She was murdered Coop")
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Jerry Horne wrote:I keep coming back to Mark Frost going out of his way to mention Lana winning the Miss Twin Peaks contest. Was that his way of getting fans to get used to no Annie?
I'm not even a betting person and I would willing to bet that it was his way of wink-wink-nudge-nudg-ing the fact that Annie's absence from the book was intentionally fishy and will be addressed!

Anyway my biggest take here is DONNA 8) 8) 8) she's gonna be addressed too!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

sp.agent.dalecooper wrote:Given Lynch's choice to include Annie in FWWM, it seems highly illogical and unlikely that she will not at least get referenced or name dropped at some point, even if Heather Graham does not appear.
Hoping that's the case. One of the reasons I had problems with Frost's book is that I want the new TP to ADD to what we already have, not take away from it. But we shall see.
Right. It could be either. "What, who's that? We don't mention her, we've ignored her". OR something story related that uses her fate as a mystery, but will be dealt with in the show.
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

In conceiving this and putting this together , L&F had to deal with the deaths of certain performers (e.g. Silva), the unavailability of others (e.g. Ontkean) and the making-oneself-unavailable of still others (MJA). But Graham, from what we have heard, seemed open and enthusiastic to do it, so in other words they must have had another idea in mind from the start if she turns out to actually not be in it at all, an idea less to do with working around someone's unavailability and more to do with the specifics of their particular conception.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Did anyone listen to that podcast and find out what's Brad Dukes newest book? Is it TP related?

Edit - never mind - China Beach.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Rudagger wrote:But, yeah, as someone who doesn't even like Annie (I can sort of see the pages being written as they aim Coops affection at someone else due to the whole Coop/Audrey no-go), I'd still be bummed if they actually straight up never followed up on that in anyway (i.e., all there has to be is one scene of "She was murdered Coop")
I'll be bummed if they killed her off, but I'd much rather that than as you say, ignoring her completely.