Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

billloomis

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by billloomis »

Hi yall. Huge fan. I am really confused on how showtime words the 2 hour premiere. I want to subscribe to SHOWTIME'S streaming service but the way they word it on their site has me confused on if the 2 hour premiere will be available to stream live while it airs on showtime. Any confirmation on how this will all go down?
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

SO, Here in Buenos Aires, Phillip Jeffries and I will have to torrent this MF...

euro
Roadhouse Member

Post by euro »

Any Informations about Twin Peaks running on Amazon-Prime or Netflix (Germany)? Didn't have a Sky-Abo atm,
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me
FrostedCherries

Post by FrostedCherries »

euro wrote:Any Informations about Twin Peaks running on Amazon-Prime or Netflix (Germany)? Didn't have a Sky-Abo atm,
It's only on Sky Atlantic in Germany. Myself, I'm only interested in Twin Peaks as long as it runs (May-September) and have been looking for the cheapest way. Here's what to do:

1.) Subscribe to Sky Entertainment Ticket (Sky Atlantic is included, though not in HD) within the next 4 days (!) - there's an offer right now with 1,- € only for the first month and 9,99 € for each subsequent one - BUT: it expires on April 30. But now here's the best part:
2.) Once you're a customer, you'll get an email with a PERSONAL offer about 5 months of Sky Entertainment for only 19,99 € in total. I called the customer service to make sure I can just switch to this offer without any additional costs - and the answer is yes. But you'll find that this personal offer is also limited to April 30, so you gotta be quick.

Hope this helps – I think that's a very fair deal. Below 20 € for the entirety of the new season is less than you'll have to pay for the BluRays! :D
"J'ai une âme solitaire."
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

South Africa confirmation for DStv: http://m.channel24.co.za/channel24/TV/N ... v-20170317
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

billloomis wrote:Hi yall. Huge fan. I am really confused on how showtime words the 2 hour premiere. I want to subscribe to SHOWTIME'S streaming service but the way they word it on their site has me confused on if the 2 hour premiere will be available to stream live while it airs on showtime. Any confirmation on how this will all go down?
I signed up for Showtime Streaming just a few weeks ago in preparation for The Big Event. Yes, there's an option called "Live TV" that streams exactly what's on the terrestrial channel at that moment. Both of them, actually... Showtime East and Showtime West, the latter just being the same thing thing three hours later, as far as I've ever seen.

While you're at it, they've got LOST HIGHWAY available to stream, although I think only for another week or so (Showtime lists the date when stuff will stop being available - would be nice if Netflix would do that). Given that, scandalously, there still isn't a North American blu-ray, just a mediocre DVD, you might want to jump on that. The image is very fine, assuming your internet connection is strong.
firefly2193
Roadhouse Member

Post by firefly2193 »

Does anyone know if Sky Atlantic are planning to show ads during the show? If I'm right in saying they show will no longer be designed for ads as there won't be any on Showtime, I really don't want to watch it with forced ad breaks breaking the flow.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm wondering if there is a legal way I can watch the new series online when it premieres? Is there a legal way I can watch Showtime through any online site I can sign up for? As I said, I am not technical so apps and all of that stuff is beyond me. I tried using Hulu and Showtime Anytime - but they both said "US only". So if anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me know. Basically - is there anyway you can legally sign up for an online streaming service that will run the new series?

Edit - Reading through this thread, I've discovered mentions of Now Tv. Is it definite the new series will be on that service - and will the first four parts air there on premiere night? Or are parts 3-4 exclusive to Showtime? And is there any other options for non-US residents? Thanks.
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Jonah wrote:I'm in Ireland and wondering if there is a legal way I can watch the new series online when it premieres? I'm not very technical and I don't have a TV service - I tend to mostly watch DVDS. So do I have to subscribe to Sky or something here - or is there a legal way I can watch Showtime through any online site I can sign up for? As I said, I am not technical so apps and all of that stuff is beyond me. I tried using Hulu and Showtime Anytime - but they both said "US only". So if anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me know. Basically - is there anyway you can legally sign up for an online streaming service that will run the new series?

Edit - Reading through this thread, I've discovered mentions of Now Tv. Is it definite the new series will be on that service - and will the first four parts air there on premiere night? Or are parts 3-4 exclusive to Showtime? And is there any other options for non-US residents? Thanks.

As far as I know so far, the only way to get the new series in Ireland is via Sky Atlantic. I do not live in Europe and I've never used this service before, so hopefully someone else can jump in here and give you a how-to.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Jonah wrote:
I'm in Ireland and wondering if there is a legal way I can watch the new series online when it premieres? I'm not very technical and I don't have a TV service - I tend to mostly watch DVDS. So do I have to subscribe to Sky or something here - or is there a legal way I can watch Showtime through any online site I can sign up for? As I said, I am not technical so apps and all of that stuff is beyond me. I tried using Hulu and Showtime Anytime - but they both said "US only". So if anyone can point me in the right direction, please let me know. Basically - is there anyway you can legally sign up for an online streaming service that will run the new series?

I'm in England, and NOW TV will show Twin Peaks, as it can show live TV (Sky Atlantic). It's a much cheaper option compared to a full Sky subscription. I don't know if we'll be able to stream Parts 3 & 4. I don't think NOW TV has an on demand capability. So, Parts 1 & 2 the first night, and Parts 3 & 4 when they air, like live TV. At least, that's how I'm doing it. Just avoid the internet for the week in between.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Looks like NowTV has been confirmed for Ireland. http://www.irishtimes.com/business/medi ... -1.3061851
sackboy97
Roadhouse Member

Post by sackboy97 »

firefly2193 wrote:Does anyone know if Sky Atlantic are planning to show ads during the show? If I'm right in saying they show will no longer be designed for ads as there won't be any on Showtime, I really don't want to watch it with forced ad breaks breaking the flow.
I may be wrong, but I think they didn't show any ads during Game of Thrones episodes, so I'd imagine it would be the same for TP.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks for this info Trudy & Lonely!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Jonah wrote:Thanks for this info Trudy & Lonely!
NOW TV are definitely showing TP3 as someone asked them on their Facebook page a week or so ago and they confirmed it.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
firefly2193
Roadhouse Member

Post by firefly2193 »

sackboy97 wrote:
firefly2193 wrote:Does anyone know if Sky Atlantic are planning to show ads during the show? If I'm right in saying they show will no longer be designed for ads as there won't be any on Showtime, I really don't want to watch it with forced ad breaks breaking the flow.
I may be wrong, but I think they didn't show any ads during Game of Thrones episodes, so I'd imagine it would be the same for TP.
Hopefully not! I still find it incredulous that you get ads on Sky channels when you pay so much for the service.