NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by crazyscottishguy »

SHAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Cooper is with someone if you look closely to his right side of the frame.

We are gonna have 4 parts to devour on May 21 for some and May 22 for others !!!
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

mtwentz wrote:Ok I (and a few others) are somewhat vindicated. I felt we would actually get a real trailer with some series footage that included dialogue.

I believe this trailer-teaser qualifies.

And I don't think it's the last...

I was very pessimistic about having some teaser with new material, but after this, I do not discard anything anymore. :D :D
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Gorgeous.
Last edited by N. Needleman on Thu May 04, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

mtwentz wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:I have absolutely no understanding for those that are already stating they would not want "Twin Peaks" to continue - even if the ideas were there.
There were many such nay-sayers in the decades between season 2 and 3. Season 3 will exist in spite of those people, I am ecstatic that they didn't get their wish. How about we all wait and see what the new story is like - and where it ends up. Then we can express whether we want more or not.
Just look at shows that drag on too long- Lost being a prime example (although I know some people who liked every minute of Lost- but a lot of us thought it would have been much better as a two or three season show.)

I think it depends on the show and it depends on your perspective of that show. For instance IMO Breaking Bad had five perfect seasons and I think likely ended at the perfect time even though I selfishly wanted more. Now as for Game Of Thrones I feel they are rushing the show to an end point whereas they could go a full ten episode season till at least season 8 or 9 if they wanted to because there's so much material. Sure there will be a down season or two which has all ready happened in Game of Thrones but for every bad stretch of episodes they make up for it with exciting, ground breaking television. So really it just depends.

As far as Twin Peaks goes, I'll reserve judgment on future seasons until I finish these 18 parts.
Last edited by WhiteLodge90 on Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Panapaok wrote:Looks like good Coop to me. He looks very worried. Hawk looks badass as always. Sarah looks like a wreck, though. :cry:
I Agree!
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

mtwentz wrote:
Just look at shows that drag on too long- Lost being a prime example (although I know some people who liked every minute of Lost- but a lot of us thought it would have been much better as a two or three season show.)
There is a great difference between having to put out 22 episodes per year indefinitely vs. making a limited series/one off project whenever the creators come up with a great idea.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

keatonshat wrote:
Snailhead wrote:I'm curious if they will have another teaser with "Some new faces" ?
i think we'll see a new teaser each week until the premiere.
I Agree!

17 days for the premiere. in this case, two more teasers.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

eyeboogers wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
There is a great difference between having to put out 22 episodes per year indefinitely vs. making a limited series/one off project whenever the creators come up with a great idea.
EXACTLY.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

You are taking this line of discussion way too seriously and personally.

If Lynch and Frost wanted to continue I'd be fine with it. I am also fine with this being the end. It is not that complicated.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Gabriel wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:Maybe the safest bet for some would be to leave the party before it's even started?
Yep. Any shows/franchises I've grown to dislike, I walk away from all of it. Did it with Doctor Who in 2005 and Star Trek in the early 1990s.

I'll probably like the new Twin Peaks because I adore the original and FWWM (the ability to enjoy FWWM is a barrier for many it seems,) but I'm prepared to dislike the new show and walk away. If I hate it, I'll probably be up front about it on Dugpa, explain why, then walk away never to return. That's just life. It has to be said, though, that out of ten movies made by David Lynch, I like seven and, of the three I dislike, I consider one to be a fix-up of an enjoyable TV pilot where the new material infuriates me and the other two to be experimental and just don't appeal to me to watch more than once. I still admire them as pieces of work; I just don't get any enjoyment from them.
Sounds like no lover of MH there. How do I join the club? Can we even call it a club if there's just the two of us? :wink:
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

https://twitter.com/echoparkrecords/sta ... 2895234048
Johnny Jewel's new album "Windswept" is out May 10th on Italians and includes music that will appear in the new season of @SHO_TwinPeaks
heck
http://exclaim.ca/music/article/johnny_ ... usic_video
Johnny Jewel may have destroyed every copy of Chromatics' long-awaited new album Dear Tommy, but the noir pop maestro has not been slacking. Among his many projects, we learned that Jewel was set to make music for the new season of Twin Peaks. Now, we've learned that his soundtrack work will be released as a standalone solo album.

The news comes, once again, from Alexis Rivera of Echo Park Records. Over on Twitter, she confirmed that Jewel will release a new solo album called Windswept on May 10 via Italians Do It Better.

Though it functions as a solo album, Windswept features music composed for Twin Peaks.

Rather than make us keep waiting, Jewel has shared a music video for the album's title track. Watch it below.

Windswept:

1. Television Snow
2. Windswept
3. Saturday
4. Missing Pages
5. The Crimson Kiss
6. Strobe Lights
7. Heaven
8. Slow Dreams
9. Insomnia
10. Motel
11. Between Worlds
12. The Flame
13. Stardust
14. Blue Moon
HECK
look at those TITLES
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

Agent Earle wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:Maybe the safest bet for some would be to leave the party before it's even started?
Yep. Any shows/franchises I've grown to dislike, I walk away from all of it. Did it with Doctor Who in 2005 and Star Trek in the early 1990s.

I'll probably like the new Twin Peaks because I adore the original and FWWM (the ability to enjoy FWWM is a barrier for many it seems,) but I'm prepared to dislike the new show and walk away. If I hate it, I'll probably be up front about it on Dugpa, explain why, then walk away never to return. That's just life. It has to be said, though, that out of ten movies made by David Lynch, I like seven and, of the three I dislike, I consider one to be a fix-up of an enjoyable TV pilot where the new material infuriates me and the other two to be experimental and just don't appeal to me to watch more than once. I still admire them as pieces of work; I just don't get any enjoyment from them.
Sounds like no lover of MH there. How do I join the club? Can we even call it a club if there's just the two of us? :wink:
If you mean MD, then there would be at least three of us.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

laughingpinecone wrote:https://twitter.com/echoparkrecords/sta ... 2895234048
Johnny Jewel's new album "Windswept" is out May 10th on Italians and includes music that will appear in the new season of @SHO_TwinPeaks
heck
http://exclaim.ca/music/article/johnny_ ... usic_video
I'm getting major Sycamore Trees vibes from that preview track. Didn't expect it to be an instrumental, though.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

John Justice Wheeler wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
Gabriel wrote: Yep. Any shows/franchises I've grown to dislike, I walk away from all of it. Did it with Doctor Who in 2005 and Star Trek in the early 1990s.

If you mean MD, then there would be at least three of us.
MD it is, my bad. Welcome! :)
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

I wonder if Carl Rodd is looking up at power lines and noticing an electrical disturbance