Music on Inland Empire

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Music on Inland Empire

Post by snikgrif »

I am in the UK so have not seen Inland Empire, anyone who has seen it, how is the music? I have collected other David Lynch film soundtracks, all with Angelo Badalamenti's music. I like his discordant take. The trailer sounds like his arrangement. If it is his I hope they release a soundtrack on cd.

Also does anyone know if A. Badalamenti has his own seperate cd releases away from David Lynch, or is the discordant jazz a combined effort?

I have got Julee Cruise's first two albums but not the third.
Last edited by snikgrif on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

I have not seen INLAND EMPIRE yet, but I know there's a Nina Simone Remix towards the end of the film.

And I love the song from the trailer "It's strange what love does", it definitely sounds like Lynch would have composed alone, with arrangements that remind me of Blue Bob.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Thanks for reminding me about 'Blue Bob', I haven't got that, just ordered it now. Also there will be a second season release on the music front I hear?
That will probably have James Hurley's high pitched song with Maddy and Donna on back up, another wonderfully bizarre Lynch moment.

Looks like this year wil be a Lynch year in several ways :D
Si

Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

In INLAND EMPIRE, there's also the song "At Last" by Etta James. It's beautiful.

If you want to buy some music involving Lynch, I highly recommend "Lux Vivens" by Jocelyn Montgomery and David Lynch. It's simply beautiful, can't stop listening to it.
Rodrick

Post by Rodrick »

At the premier in Seattle last week Lynch said he is working on a soundtrack CD for eventual release.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Nice one Rodrick, that's good news! That 'Lux Vivens' seems to be very rare now Theo. I'll have a hunt around for prices.
Si

Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

I know that the French Amazon gives the details to two retailsalers who actually have it, for a price around 50 euros:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B ... dition=all

One is in America, the other one is France.

Concerning music, has anyone ever heard the song "You're More Than That" that David Lynch recorded wirh Rona Hartner?

[/img]
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

It's cheaper on Amazon.com in the US, and they let you sample all the tracks. Sounds very nice!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I was at the IE Austin showing with DL himself in attentance for a Q and A. He said that he loved Angelo but that Angelo didn't live next door. He said people kept coming by to work on the music with him. So there isn't any of Angelo's music unfortunately but the music in the film was fantastic. He will work with Angelo in the future.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Thanks for that sloclub, from what I have heard I think I will like the Inland Empire soundtrack anyway.
Si

Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

If there's going to be a soundtrack, shouldn't it have come out already? Did anybody who saw the movie ask specifically whether there would be a soundtrack? Even if I have to wait until June for the DVD, I'd like the music.
LauraPalmer
Roadhouse Member

Post by LauraPalmer »

i'll say, without spoiling, that the music is quite varied....one song was unexpected but somehow works in the film...
Blood.Sleep.

Post by Blood.Sleep. »

one word....locomotion
benjamin

Post by benjamin »

I would buy the Inland Empire soundtrack in a heartbeart, just for the soul reason of owning the song 'The Ghost of Love'. That song is as incredibly mystifying as the film itself. I have looked around the internet for copies, but all I've found were rips from the trailer. So I would be a happy man to have to the full version of this song.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Where was it posted that IE would be available on DVD by June? It's not at Amazon.com. Wouldn't you think that maybe the CD also would be available by then. Depends on whether they go after all the material. And don't worry about spoilers, I've heard so many trailers, I'm just waiting for the LOCOMOTION! And David singing, of course.