Photo from TP - episode number?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Photo from TP - episode number?

Post by qbin2001 »

Can anyone can tell me from which episode this photo come from?

It is used in Gold Box DVD 3 menu. I searched all episodes and i can't find it :(

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Anyone? Some tips? :(
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

I'm not sure, but maybe it is from one of the deleted scenes :?:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I think it's from a production photograph of the Kiana Lodge. Click this link:

http://www.moreintwinpeaks.com/2007/03/ ... lodge.html
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

I don't thik so. They used for DVD menu screenshots/videos from the series (most of them manipulated - such as new clouded sky over the RR Diner in menu - originally 2 seconds in series - take a look at people in the diner LOL) and i'm sure I saw this in the series but I can't remember in witch episode. I fast-forwarded entire series, but i'ts too fast to catch few frames in episdes... :(
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

There's something resembling that in episode 21, at 32 minutes and 38 seconds. Same statue but not same point of view.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Yep! It's the Martell's house, I knew it. But I still cannot find the episode with this picture...
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

qbin2001 wrote:Yep! It's the Martell's house, I knew it. But I still cannot find the episode with this picture...
Hi. I just realized that the shot above can't be from any episode of Twin Peaks because the owners of the Kiana Lodge didn't replace the cedar-shake roof (seen in the series) with this steel one (painted green) until years after they filmed the show and FWWM. It must be a somewhat recent photo of the Kiana Lodge exterior. Where from though? I can't say.

--there is definitely a different shot of that totem pole in one or two of the later episodes though.
jeep
Roadhouse Member

Post by jeep »

charles wrote:Hi. I just realized that the shot above can't be from any episode of Twin Peaks because the owners of the Kiana Lodge didn't replace the cedar-shake roof (seen in the series) with this steel one (painted green) until years after they filmed the show and FWWM. It must be a somewhat recent photo of the Kiana Lodge exterior. Where from though? I can't say.

--there is definitely a different shot of that totem pole in one or two of the later episodes though.
Right, this is one of my 1999 pix and the roof was the same as the one seen in the episodes.
So, the picture above was shot after 1999, at least.

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin2001 wrote:They used for DVD menu screenshots/videos from the series
Not so it seems...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

There are a couple shots of this in the show, but none are that angle or anything. And as people stated, it's taken after they refurbished the roof, post 1999.

Here's where that totem appears throughout the series (it's not in FWWM):

Pilot - Pete walks by the totem, 3:57
Pilot - Truman walks by the totem 1:31:25
Ep 11 - View of totem on corner, wideshot, night - 42:58
Ep 21 - 2 shots of different totem poles, then the 3rd shot is of the one outside on the corner... it's dusk. 34:29

The 3rd shot image was also used at one of the menus for the second season DVD set.

Also of interest to note, is that in the European broadcast, these shots from Episode 21 appear to be in the day time, not at dusk... It's as if they darkened the video to make it more consistent with the time in the show. Not sure why it's not right on the Euro broadcast though.

That specific shot of the totem was taken in July of 2006 when they were filming the DVD extras. I had a bunch of screen shots, and the paramount people were matching the shots up. One of them was of the totem, so they matched it up. I was right there with them for everything they shot (for the Return to Twin Peaks featurette, and for the filming locations map footage).

If you watch closely on the Laura's Log section of hte interactive map, they spin from the log as it looks in 2006 to that totem, right as it fades to footage of Pete Martell. At the end, on the Where to Find screen you'll see that totem shot.

I checked my Gold DVD set's third disc and I didn't see that shot... can you tell me where it is other than on the 10th disc's interactive map?
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

yep! it's ONLY on Disc 10 on "resturn to TP". It's the only image/video in the menu's (disc 1-9) NOT taken from the serias. Thanx anyway :-)