NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by N. Needleman »

I never doubted he'd be back. But I still never quite thought we'd be here. It still doesn't feel real.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

Imagine living in a world where Lynch's walk out was the final nail in Twin Peaks' coffin. That period of time was so stressful, refreshing dugpa like a madman hoping for some update on the situation. I'm glad we've (almost) made it everyone.
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

pour one out for Arbogast, wherever he/she is. They definitely made this board a ton of fun to read over the past year or so.
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

Look at that countdown clock. Exactly seven days. I don't know about the rest of you, but i'm just going to kick back and enjoy the countdown.
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

BEARisonFord wrote:pour one out for Arbogast, wherever he/she is. They definitely made this board a ton of fun to read over the past year or so.
Whatever happened to Arbogast? Is he/she ever coming back? Was hoping we could plumb his/her mind during the season and maybe get them to expand a bit on some of what had been said before, especially as it becomes no longer a "spoiler" at least in the advance sense.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

I doubt that person will come back, with the reasoning that their mole could still suffer serious financial consequences. I wouldnt.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Are show biz NDAs typically enforceable after the project has been released?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Arbogast took a lot of pressure on and was kind of knocked around undeservedly. To the best of my knowledge, the bulk of what little any of us here 'know' about the new series - and I know very little even now - comes from him. He deserves both respect and space.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

mtsi wrote:I doubt that person will come back, with the reasoning that their mole could still suffer serious financial consequences. I wouldnt.

I've heard the financial consequences for these NDAs is a crazy amount. Way more than I would have ever guessed.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Minimum non-bankruptable financial liability for violation is $1.5 million from what I understand. Signing that NDA and then leaking anything is an assumed risk with which comes consequences that are your own to face.

Arbogast was the single greatest contributor to the energy of the spoiler thread, no doubt, but the risks he assumed were his own, and no manner of outside influence or otherwise changes the fact that he accepted that, however risky.

My post doesn't come from a lack of gratitude, but rather a perspective of reality. Choices come with consequences. Seems he managed to dodge the consequences, and that's all good. Leaking or sharing anything spoilery has has an impact, mostly negative, on anyone who chose to do so. Myself included.

It's all part of the unbelievable tapestry of the Return to Twin Peaks. Somebody had better have captured all of it and turn it into a book or it will be lost to history.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

We can hope.

We live inside a dream.
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

Just a reminder, there is a precedent for Showtime dropping their premieres on demand a week early without warning.

Not trying to turn everybody into obsessives checking every hour on the hour, and I kinda doubt they would do it since they seem to have a lot riding on the four hour premiere on Sunday..... but you never know.

New episodes could literally drop any second now. But don't get your hopes up.
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

CompletelySilent wrote:Hi all! I'm not a common poster here, but have lurked in the background for some time. I just want to take the time as we enter the final week before we return to the world of Twin Peaks to say a thanks to everyone. The wonderful people of this particular community, David Lynch, Mark Frost, everyone who was worked on anything Peaks related, and the show as a whole. This is kind of a grand exclamation to whoever. I'd consider myself to be an eccentric with odd quirks that kinda makes me stand out from others in some ways. I take this with pride and am happy with the person who I am, but it sometimes gets rough out there feeling like few people can actually relate to me on a person to person level. I have friends, but its hard at times to not feel like a lonely soul drifting through the world. Things have been weird in my life as of late, but Twin Peaks has been something I've been able to have as a connection to. The concept of a whole group of somewhat oddball people existing in this multi-level universe together has given me some form of inspiration for myself to continue to be who I am and that people do enjoy and appreciate the odd of people. The crazy world of concepts such as the Black Lodge keeps my mind in constant thought of what the heck is going and I love it! Twin Peaks has provided me with some of the most profound moments of self-discovery in my life and I am thoroughly excited to see what is to come. Guys...this coming week is for all of us here. We have waited for so long to get to this point in time and it feels surreal that we are about to get there. Let us take the time to cherish these moments ahead of us as our lives are going to be different soon with the wild ride we are about to take. I love you all and have a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in us and our future. Let's Rock :)
AMEN to that. Also, I love your name.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Robot Butler wrote:Just a reminder, there is a precedent for Showtime dropping their premieres on demand a week early without warning.

Not trying to turn everybody into obsessives checking every hour on the hour, and I kinda doubt they would do it since they seem to have a lot riding on the four hour premiere on Sunday..... but you never know.

With all the hype about the launch date, I think it's doubtful, Andy.

Though never say never.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

Robot Butler wrote:Just a reminder, there is a precedent for Showtime dropping their premieres on demand a week early without warning.

Could make sense of what Mark said on twitter, I guess.

But as you said, unlikely.

*holds breath regardless*
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes