Season 3 Opening scene speculation (NO SPOILERS)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 3 Opening scene speculation

Post by Snailhead »

Here's an idea: echoing the pilot, the opening shot of "The Return" features Josie - but in the Black Lodge. She's in pain - one of the unfortunate souls trapped in purgatory. Then we cut to Dale and/or Laura.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Snailhead wrote:Here's an idea: echoing the pilot, the opening shot of "The Return" features Josie - but in the Black Lodge. She's in pain - one of the unfortunate souls trapped in purgatory. Then we cut to Dale and/or Laura.
Ooo I like the full circle heidi'ness of it.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Maddy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Maddy »

asmahan wrote:I have a feeling it will be Laura and the Good Dale in the the lodge, more or less where we left them in 1992.
I like this idea too. Along with finding out more about where Leland, the giant and Maddy went.
The Angels will return...
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

The other day I was thinking about Twin Peaks Season 3 ending scene.
Picture this, Cole and Cooper making a campfire and Cole has the trunk of his car loaded with dozens of tin cans with old film-celluloid. He throws the whole pile of old films into the fire causing a thick smoke curtain that fills the complete screen. Two hazy figures fade in the totality of a misty landscape, while Cole shouts "Cooper, Cooper, Cooper."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I want the first 2 hours inside the lodge and in the end they should show the place which is wonderful and strange
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

2 hours in the lodge.. I'd go insane
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

That's the twist, I never said which Lodge :D
thisisme

Post by thisisme »

Cold Opening. Long fade in from black with music. Cooper in car driving. Scene is 2.30ish long. Dark. Trees. Desire/Saturday is the music. Coopers expression changes very slowly from straight to emotionally distressed. No words at all, just emotion. Very intense and spine tingling opening.

it's a play on his original opening scene. He's older. The colours are opposite to the original scene. It's a mirror of opposites and the music just makes your stomach go crazy with excitement despite the contrasting pictures.

Straight into a second scene where the mood/lighting/music is polar opposite.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

thisisme wrote:Cold Opening. Long fade in from black with music. Cooper in car driving. Scene is 2.30ish long. Dark. Trees. Desire/Saturday is the music. Coopers expression changes very slowly from straight to emotionally distressed. No words at all, just emotion. Very intense and spine tingling opening.

it's a play on his original opening scene. He's older. The colours are opposite to the original scene. It's a mirror of opposites and the music just makes your stomach go crazy with excitement despite the contrasting pictures.

Straight into a second scene where the mood/lighting/music is polar opposite.
I like where this goes... :)
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

So many beautiful possibilities...
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I suspect (and hope) it will start out slow and relatively unassuming. No Red Room or any crazy stuff. I think there needs to be a good setup before going into that territory.
I also expect mostly new characters and places in the beginning hours, à la FWWM.
I'll see you in the trees