Theories & Speculation

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by The Marquis »

It's obvious :mrgreen: ... Jacoby has a global business of selling gold shovels for groundbreaking ceremonies... Little do those rich folks know they are just regular old spades covered in gold spray paint. Apparently it doesn't pay particularly well... or he's living modestly.
Fire-blog-with-me
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire-blog-with-me »

Oh also, a thought I had about the conversation between DoppelCoop and "Philip Jeffries" (can't wait to verify who that is)

I don't think Jeffries and DoppelCoop are working together. From what we've seen of a verifiable Jeffries (i.e. FWWM and Missing Pieces) I don't think he ever showed an evil side, nor was he eloquent or collected enough to speak in the same manner as the "Jeffries" who we heard speaking to doppelCoop in Part 2 of TPTR. I'm not sure if this is doppelJeffries or some entity that uses his identity as cover, but who knows.

Alternatively, it could be the real Jeffries who is in a Windom Earle sort of opposition to DoppelCoop (the way they communicate via calls and messages rather than face to face is an extension or evolution of that Windom vs Good Coop battle we saw in Season 2). Whereas S2 Windom vs Coop was set in the real world, fighting each other strategically and later with metaphysical stakes, Jeffries vs DoppelCoop is fought across spacetime. DoppelCoop mentions (I'm paraphrasing here) "I take it you're Still nowhere Jeffries?" Which I took to mean that jeffries is still lost across time and space, appearing in past future earth and spirit worlds. But now he can communicate with doppelCoop somehow, playing a chess game across existence. I think this is supported by "Jeffries" line to DoppelCoop where he says something like "You just saw/met with Major Garland Brigs." I've seen people speculate that this refers to either DoppelCoop meeting Briggs back in 1989 or that Briggs is still alive and maybe still faces contact with DoppelCoop. But I think there is a much simpler answer: Jeffries is lost in space time (ie the Lodges and spirit world) and might be keeping tabs secretly on Good Coop's travels! Jeffries might be following and observing him across the Lodge world, and witnessed Coop's meeting with Briggs (i.e. When Coop saw Briggs floating spectral head in the field of stars and Briggs said "Blue Rose") Jeffries could understand the value of Good Coop, watching over him and stuff. He could be doing that in opposition of DoppelCoop/BOB or doing that for DoppelCoop (who might want to know the whereabouts and status of his chief rival for existence). Etc.

Just some thoughts, let me know what you guys think! :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 1.51.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 1.51.23 PM.png (176 KiB) Viewed 10712 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 1.51.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 1.51.09 PM.png (162.01 KiB) Viewed 10712 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

I think the golden shovels may just be another silent drape runners. Nothing to get worked up about.
Fire-blog-with-me
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire-blog-with-me »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
Yes the ceremonial golden shovel. That's a cool detail I never actually noticed before!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Julee Cruise for the final musical act?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
sp.agent.dalecooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by sp.agent.dalecooper »

Jerry Horne wrote:Julee Cruise for the final musical act?
Now that would be an amazing journey in of itself.
A different act in all episodes culminating with Cruise in the finale or final emotional arc of the story.
Oneeyedwaldo

Post by Oneeyedwaldo »

Just watched part 4 again and at the end Gordon says to Albert that there's one person that should look at Cooper before they make a decision on it being a blue rose case.
Who do we think that is or am I missing something and it's obvious?
Oneeyedwaldo

Post by Oneeyedwaldo »

Hockey Mask wrote:I think the golden shovels may just be another silent drape runners. Nothing to get worked up about.
That's the way I see it too. I think the problem we have is that we're looking for clues in nearly everything and with this being Lynch he knows that and will be giving us loads of MacGuffings
derekfnord

Post by derekfnord »

Oneeyedwaldo wrote:Just watched part 4 again and at the end Gordon says to Albert that there's one person that should look at Cooper before they make a decision on it being a blue rose case.
Albert also says he knows where she drinks, and then the next scene they cut to is at the bar in Twin Peaks.

If the scene transition was intentionally significant, it suggests that she's in Twin Peaks, and the bar is where she drinks. That suggests Audrey Horne (who has been conspicuous by her absence), or perhaps Sarah Palmer (who is known to be able to "see" BOB).

Another possibility is Diane...
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

Hrm, good call on the hotel-body possibly belonging to Briggs. If that body *was* belonging to Briggs, then I can see why his fingerprints wouldn't be available to local LEOs.

Don't know if it matters, but the un-named security guard from the glass box building was named Bittner. I thought maybe he'd tie in to one of the other plots, but then they said none of the security guards could be found.

Also, they got the footage from the cameras around the glass box, but didn't see Agent Cooper floating into the box? Trying to decide what this means. Either a) He simply didn't show up on the camera for some reason. b) the gray thing stole the cards for that time (but not of its own appearance?) or c) They simply didn't rewind further back? It was awfully close to the murders though.

Where exactly was Dougie? (Note: I haven't watched EP4 yet). The call that Gordon Cole responds to about Cooper sent them to South Dakota didn't it? Does that mean the "Cooper" who is in trouble is DoppleCoop?
Oneeyedwaldo

Post by Oneeyedwaldo »

derekfnord wrote:
Oneeyedwaldo wrote:Just watched part 4 again and at the end Gordon says to Albert that there's one person that should look at Cooper before they make a decision on it being a blue rose case.
Albert also says he knows where she drinks, and then the next scene they cut to is at the bar in Twin Peaks.

If the scene transition was intentionally significant, it suggests that she's in Twin Peaks, and the bar is where she drinks. That suggests Audrey Horne (who has been conspicuous by her absence), or perhaps Sarah Palmer (who is known to be able to "see" BOB).

Another possibility is Diane...
Yeah I did think about the bang bang bar but then it's who and the three you've mentioned is who I'd have guessed at just wasn't sure if it was someone else. I'd have said Annie but, well, she's not there is she!
CircleOfTrees

Post by CircleOfTrees »

I think bad coop paid for the NYC building with slot machine money. He screwed someone over creating Dougie so they are trying to kill him. Log lady scene best scene so far, hope there is more of her but doubt there is.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I guess I'm blind -- I just now, on my 6th viewing, noticed that the entity/head in Part 3 that utters "blue rose" is Major Briggs.

One of the most intriguing new mysteries is who is the "Jeffries" that Bad Coop talks to? Why does he want to be with Bob again? Interesting that he thinks that Bad Coop returning to the Black Lodge will allow him ("Jeffries") to be with Bob again.

What does it mean to "be with Bob"? Does that mean to share a body as Leland and Bob did? Or does it mean to have Bob create you as a doppleganger? I'm wondering if Bob's dopplegangers all in some way share consciousness or some kind of connection with him?

I'm intrigued by Red's name, the character B. Getty plays. Red has negative connotations in Twin Peaks.

EDIT: I also think the woman Cole and Albert are seeking to identify Cooper has to either be Audrey or Diane, and I think Diane is going to be Dern.

Maybe Diane loved hearing about Twin Peaks so much from Dale that she decided to move there?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Nayran Burns

Post by Nayran Burns »

I loved everything I read!!!

Much of what you have written are the same thoughts that I had!

-Shovels: I think he is trying to dig something from the soil, my guess is he is going to exhume Laura Palmer's body... I suppose he had a dream or something and that is the reason for doing that after 25 years...

-Principal: I suppose the principal has killed Ruth but he cannot remember because he was possessed by Bob or bad Cooper or someone else/sth else... I do not think this thread is going to be one of the most important ones...

-2nd Doppelganger : I agree bad cooper did it for not being back to the red room and now, Noemi Watts is going to be a very important character... She might be the "SHE" was hired by the man in Vegas... Maybe she killed Ruth (we do not know the reason for killing her yet) and they framed the principal (we do not know why...)

Sooo many things are going on! happy to share with you guys!