RR Diner Member

Re: Theories & Speculation (SPOILERS)

Post by Hester Prynne »

1962[/quote]

Antimatter?
Or first publication of Mafalda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

You just made me Google Mafalda :lol:

It's not about Mafalda . . . is it about Mafalda?

No - it's not about Mafalda.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Jerry Horne wrote:http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/26/twin-peaks- ... um=twitter

EW: It seems, though, that the world you’re presenting outside of Twin Peaks is a place gone bad due to the roaming spirit of this evil Cooper. What are we calling this character, by the way? I’m calling him Dirty Cooper.

DL: I just call him Cooper’s doppelgänger. You’re allowed to call him whatever you want.
Mr. Jackpot = Coop Papagiorgio
thewindinthepines

Post by thewindinthepines »

what do people think of the 'purple room'? Red and blue are very prominent colors in twin peaks (red velvet curtains; blue rose) red + blue = purple...
it does get ruddier once he is inside with the eyeless lady. to me she seems like a black lodge dweller, but then when I see a giant floating garland briggs head i've gotta think that's white lodge-associated...
do any of you think we have seen the white lodge at any point in the new series yet? another scene that made me wonder was when the white horse appears in the red room/black lodge/whatever the fuck. Basically i just wanna know what people think about these spirit world locations we've been visiting and how to categorize them.
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

Was just looking at the double tweet of Frost and Lynch about the gum coming back in style. The announcement. And the time they both tweeted simultaneously?

:shock:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.avclub.com/amp/210070
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Hockey Mask wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/26/twin-peaks- ... um=twitter

EW: It seems, though, that the world you’re presenting outside of Twin Peaks is a place gone bad due to the roaming spirit of this evil Cooper. What are we calling this character, by the way? I’m calling him Dirty Cooper.

DL: I just call him Cooper’s doppelgänger. You’re allowed to call him whatever you want.
Mr. Jackpot = Coop Papagiorgio
I feel ashamed that I get this.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Feel even worse that it made you smile.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

One important thing I noticed during my episode 1 rewatch tonight that I don't think anyone mentioned:
When Cooper is talking to the giant ("This is in our house now"... white lodge??) he's not wearing the FBI pin. Which means that the scene happens after droolingCoop is thrown into the world.
Which means that there are two Coopers at that point.
I believe that "Two birds with one stone" means that they both have to die, and that's why Coop acknowledges his understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

DouglasFir wrote:The lodge where Evil Dale collects Ray and Darya: To me it is a "real" place, whereas the Black Lodge/White Lodge is an imagined version. I could draw some parallels between the characters in the "real" lodge and the imagined ones: Otis reminds me of the Waiter (played by Hank Worden); the crippled man in the wheel chair - the Man From Another Place; the mulleted giant - as the giant.
Great observation. The similarity between Otis and Hank Worden hit me immediately upon my first viewing. I wasn't really sure if there was any significance to it, or if it was simply a superficial similarity. They look similar, but it's got more to do with facial expressions and especially the way that they move their heads. I didn't notice the similarities between the other characters, but now that you've mentioned them, it does seem striking.
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

Jerry Horne wrote:Probably already mentioned but the zig zag pattern in the hallways are now different.
Yup, I noticed this. That, and the drapes now seem to be of a lighter fabric? The last one could be my imagination.
Does anyone feel disoriented when Cooper is moving through a room and the camera angle shifts? It's often like they are two different scenes. where he is going in the first angle is not where he comes/goes after they cut to a different angle.
I wonder if that's a "continuity error" or on purpose. Either to mess with our minds or... some other reason.
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

giantowl.jpg
giantowl.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 9266 times
It looks like an owl symbol, yet different from the one we've seen before.

That's because it's referring to the giant owl described in The Secret History.

Hope I'm right on this one.
Last edited by Soolsma on Sat May 27, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
StealThisCorn
RR Diner Member
Location: Laying on Laura's lap in the Red Room / Gorging on garmonbozia with Bob Above the Convenience Store

Post by StealThisCorn »

Some aspects of Dougie Jones' world are making me wonder if we can be sure he's actually in the real world yet at the same time as the Bad Dale. They aren't big things. They're little things. And they certainly aren't "evidence", just odd details that jump out. Cooper switches places with Dougie in the rental property at Rancho Rosa estates. Both Rs are circled to highlight "RR" and making me think of the RR Diner. Also, Rancho Rosa is the name of the real life production company working on Twin Peaks The Return. Jade drives DougieCoop out of Rosa by way of "Sycamore ST". Dougie Jones' house is in "Lancelot Court, near Merlin's Market", an undoubtedly deliberate use of Arthurian references and evoking "Glastonbury Grove". DougieCoop is having visions of the Red Room overlaying his reality, such as the floating fiery Lodges hovering over slot machines about to jackpot or MIKE in the Red Room looking up at him from the furnished corner of his bed room. His wife, Janey-E, calls him "Mr. Dreamweaver" as she pushes him in to use the bathroom. The use of Naomi Watts as his strangely oblivious wife alone, at least for me, evokes the "dream place" of Mulholland Dr. Dougie's coffee mug reading in black text on white background, "I am Dougie's coffee". I don't know. Could be nothing and everything could be completely literal right now but just not sure.
Last edited by StealThisCorn on Sat May 27, 2017 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wrz

Post by Wrz »

thewindinthepines wrote:what do people think of the 'purple room'? Red and blue are very prominent colors in twin peaks (red velvet curtains; blue rose) red + blue = purple...
it does get ruddier once he is inside with the eyeless lady. to me she seems like a black lodge dweller, but then when I see a giant floating garland briggs head i've gotta think that's white lodge-associated...
do any of you think we have seen the white lodge at any point in the new series yet? another scene that made me wonder was when the white horse appears in the red room/black lodge/whatever the fuck. Basically i just wanna know what people think about these spirit world locations we've been visiting and how to categorize them.
I recall noticing that it seemed to conjure out of a body of water while Cooper was falling. Like there was this swirl underwater as if something physical was forming, then right after that Cooper lands on the balcony of a building in front of a body of water.

That scene is what I am most fascinated about so far.

I don't think the white lodge has been seen yet.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Something's wrong.

We're being tricked, and we're being given clues.

Many such clues have been discussed here (1-1-9, "yrev", etc.) Last night I noticed something else about things being in reverse or mirrored.

At the end of EP 2, while Shelley and her MILF girls are talking, they mention that something's wrong a few times. Then Shelley says: "James has always been cool." We laughed! We know he hasn't been cool, he's a dork. But wait, what's this his friend has? Looks like an artificial RIGHT arm?
greenglove.JPG
greenglove.JPG (15.02 KiB) Viewed 9204 times
Something's wrong.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Great article about the symbolism of blue roses:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/blue-rose-meaning.html

Love the Rudyard Kipling poem at the end. - Can't help but wonder if Lynch and Frost read that before embarking on this strange journey.

Blue roses do not occur naturally. They have to be "fabricated."

When Coop is falling out of non-existence into the world with the two portals, I think what we are seeing isn't water, but the fabrication of a new antimatter universe/timeline that is being formed. It's not just Dougie that's been fabricated. Antimatter has polar opposite properties from regular matter - hence the woman saying 9-1-1 backwards.

I think the blue rose on the table, Major Briggs saying blue rose, and the fact that Dougie lives in "Rose Ranch" are meant to be signs to Cooper that the world he is about to enter is a fabrication.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Another interesting date in history: April 1, 1952 (Dougie's home address backwards)