Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mine
Roadhouse Member

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by mine »

The card looks like some sort of a shade of a Joker's head. I wonder what meaning it has. A Joker drawn on a regular card is a paradox in a way.
I wonder if the number on the back of the socket means that there is a right and wrong one to travel through.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Leebob wrote:
Sergey wrote:1-1-9 = 911 (help, SOS) pin, playing cards.

playing cards - Trail of a pin.
Very interesting - amazing you picked this out! Seems to be another indicator that Good Coop my be in an earlier timeline than Bad Coop.

Sergey - I see you can obtain some screen caps with pretty high resolution - any chance you can get a better image of the DUGE LV licens plate to help confirm it has a 2003 sticker?.

Image I previously posted:
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 794#p81794
Some of my additional thoughts on the 2003 timeline theory.
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 811#p81811
I second the request for the plates' screen caps in high definition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

crash_and_burn wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
crash_and_burn wrote:
This is exactly the point I was trying to make. I think Gordon knows that Albert is still hiding something. The first time he says "Albert" it's shock, the second time it's disappointment, the third time, it's almost as if he has added his name to a list of those that can't be trusted.

He says "Albert" with what seems to be reluctant acceptance of where they both stand, yet Gordon also knows he can't let Albert know that he suspects him of anything, he will probably share this only with Tammy and only insinuate that she needs to keep her eyes on EVERYONE from here on out.

I'll stand by this, Albert is up to no good.
But based on what Albert is seemingly confessing to here, Gordon should have suspended him on the spot pending investigation. I sort of feel the opposite of you -- that Albert and Gordon have more information than the audience, and there's some reason the behavior Albert is confessing to isn't as serious a breach of security as it appears.
That's a valid point. Frankly, I hope you're right, because I love Albert and don't want to see him go bad.
I don't want Albert to be bad either. But I just watched the prison scene again and definitely see how people susepct it. Bad Coop only acknowledges Albert when he said, "I've left messages." And then when he continues and says, "Messages so Phillip knows it's safe" Albert looks down. Is he just showing guilt about the Columbia incident or does it have something to do with the communications between Bad Coop/ Jeffries/voice on the phone in teh hotel room?

I don't know what Albert mouths when he first sees Bad Coop but it didn't look like "Bob" to me.
OneEyedJack
Roadhouse Member

Post by OneEyedJack »

Gordon meets Denise at the FBI office. He sits down and while he waits he sees a bouquet of flowers in the chair beside him.

Who brought the flowers to Denise's office? While Gordon was waiting was Denise's meeting in the office with the person who brought flowers? Was it sexual (and hence Denise fanning off at the end of scene)?

Denise also knows Tammy is joining Gordon on the trip to SD but has to ask if Albert is joining him. Any reason why?
droolcup

Post by droolcup »

Leebob wrote: Some of my additional thoughts on the 2003 timeline theory.
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 811#p81811
Very interesting. I wonder if the lever in the mauve world is what causes time to alter to 2003? If that is the case, then maybe 'American Girl' is the past version of Naido? Naido's mother gets through the door after Cooper goes through the #3 electrical machine, and cuts out American Girl's eyes as punishment for helping Cooper?

Sorry if this has been previously discussed!
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

I so very much love the 2003 theory, and I am NOT going to stomp on it. I'm going to assume a bad job by the prop/set dressers for now. But I do have to throw some caution into it. This time, prepared with some screen shots.

1) VAPING. No vaping in 2003. But maybe it is a "hollywood trick" and hope we don't notice. Find Vapeman at 50:30 in the stream:
vapeman.JPG
vapeman.JPG (43.08 KiB) Viewed 10248 times
2) Jeep Wrangler. The round vents appeared in 2006. That's the earliest we can assume Jade's car is (other cues such as the larger size of the circle vents actually hint at a much newer model). Find Jade's Jeep at 31:26:
jadejeep.JPG
jadejeep.JPG (37.52 KiB) Viewed 10248 times
Compare with 2005(left) and 2006(right) models:
2005-2006jeepwrangler.JPG
2005-2006jeepwrangler.JPG (55.73 KiB) Viewed 10248 times
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

Maybe someone has a better screenshot, but it sure looks like a "03" to me...
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (234.93 KiB) Viewed 10209 times
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Gordon wrote:Maybe someone has a better screenshot, but it sure looks like a "03" to me...
That's the month.
The year is on the right side, vertical

Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Gordon wrote:Maybe someone has a better screenshot, but it sure looks like a "03" to me...
That's the month.

Ah, crap, you're right... Is that the best shot of the license plate? Or is there a better closeup? I took it from the scene where Jade and Coop leave...
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Gordon wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
That's the month.

Ah, crap, you're right... Is that the best shot of the license plate? Or is there a better closeup? I took it from the scene where Jade and Coop leave...
Can't find any HD picture of the plate :(

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Leebob wrote:
Sergey wrote:
Sergey - I see you can obtain some screen caps with pretty high resolution - any chance you can get a better image of the DUGE LV licens plate to help confirm it has a 2003 sticker?.
Leebob - Sorry, no chance for a better image of the license plate.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Not buying the 2003 thing. I like to think that if Coop went through the 15 machine there would have been 15 Coopers.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

During the original run, Lynch said in an interview that the official beer of the Roadhouse is Leinenkugel's. You can see boxes and bottles in a few scenes but it's tough to spot.

Edit - Just remembered that it was a member of the Prop Dept. that told me that was what Lynch said.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

StrangerDanger wrote:Wow that's a good one. What do you think it means, about the card, is that a Donnie Darko silhouette of an evil rabbit? Who is that crazy woman? Is the white powder on her table = drugs?
The cards and the pin are somehow connected to the evil rabbit card. Possibly the image of the evil rabbit is connected to this one :

https://pp.userapi.com/c837522/v8375227 ... nYAmc4.jpg
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

What has happened to Annie?The Book has omitted her,the show has made no mention of her.Even Heather Graham wanted to be in the new season.What happened to Annie?