Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

a whole damn town

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by a whole damn town »

Jasper wrote:Well, OK, maybe, but what is the proposed order of Denise's movements in the original, unaltered shot?
It's hard to say what the scene originally looked like since the reversed shot actually starts when Duchovny is already doing the fanning motion. I reversed the gif ( http://i.imgur.com/ymyfTag.gif ) and the way Denise reverts to her original pose and smiles makes the whole thing look like an outtake. Maybe it's something Duchovny improvised between takes?
I'm not just three men on a fishing trip.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

a whole damn town wrote: It's hard to say what the scene originally looked like since the reversed shot actually starts when Duchovny is already doing the fanning motion. I reversed the gif ( http://i.imgur.com/ymyfTag.gif ) and the way Denise reverts to her original pose and smiles makes the whole thing look like an outtake. Maybe it's something Duchovny improvised between takes?
OK, I think that I must have misunderstood the initial post, which I thought was claiming that the direction of the footage switched in the middle of the shot (between Denise turning to the side and turning back forward). If everyone is actually on the same page in saying that the entire shot is in reverse, then I actually agree.
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

So, some on topic and a slightly related off topic short story.

I rewatched through to S2 episode 14.

Philip Gerard, when without chemicals and Mike was speaking through him, clearly said that Bob had been among them for 40 years. Implying he has at the very least been intermittently inhabiting Leland for that long.

The Tremonts house number is 1, the pole in the Fat Trout trailer park is 6, the elevator is 7 when Philip Jefferies steps out.

Dale went through 3, is it safe to say we will see a 4?

Just noticed my telephone outside my house has an 8 on it. I went to the store, and saw three women with the same flowers on black background on thier dresses that matched the wallpaper at One Eyed Jacks.

Then after briefly having a bad phone conversation with my mother, I saw a woman in a bright red t-shirt, on the back it said: "________'s mom" - it was my first name.

I went to another store and was checked out at number 8 and intuitively knew the lady was from Burma.

I pointedly asked her, and she said yes, she was in fact from Burma. She was spooked and so was I.

Btw I had to purchase two extension cords and a light bulb.

;)
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

HagbardCeline wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:Ideas on 2.: But as we see with Laura, Bob sometimes finds superior hosts to inhabit while possessing his current host. Superior means things like younger, more beautiful, more powerful, all the qualities that would lead to more pleasure and garmonbozia for Bob. Lelend was entering his later years when Bob wanted to shift inside the younger Laura. There may have been no time limit forcing Bob out here, just his own practical desires.
Well another thought that only just occurred to me, is that Bob was floating around inside Leland when Laura was conceived. I think it's entirely possible that a little bit of Bob was passed on to Laura at this time. That would explain how he was able to write in her diary at times. Bob could have intended from the conception that Laura was going to be his vessel. The abuse by her father was just part of the construction.
Interesting ideas. And I think it works well with the magical aspect of the show. Bob was cultivating Laura as a potential ideal host through the act of procreation.

Having said that, I see no contradiction with Bob leaving Leland from time to time as he tries to possess Laura.

What seems very likely to me is that the magical "laws" of possessing people work differently that creating a doppelganger to possess.

And I also believe that Bob was only allowed to keep Cooper in the Lodge for 25 years. This was either to do with the laws of the Lodge, or because Laura and the White Lodgers knew they'd be able to free Cooper at that time.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
LibraryKrystal

Post by LibraryKrystal »

I think the bouquet in Denise's office is not a gift, but a message. Perhaps a message for Cole. It is also not just red roses - there's a single white lily in the center. I bet the white lily means something, just like a blue rose does.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Episode 5 has leaked again :D
sackboy97
Roadhouse Member

Post by sackboy97 »

krishnanspace wrote:Episode 5 has leaked again :D
Where?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

sackboy97 wrote:
Where?
Comcast Xfinity.This time in USA
sackboy97
Roadhouse Member

Post by sackboy97 »

krishnanspace wrote:
sackboy97 wrote:
Where?
I wonder if it will appear anywhere else...
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:
sackboy97 wrote:
Where?
Why does this keep happening?!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
sackboy97
Roadhouse Member

Post by sackboy97 »

mtwentz wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
sackboy97 wrote: Where?
Why does this keep happening?!
They're giving us a chance to use "It's happening again". We should be thankful.
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

krishnanspace wrote:
sackboy97 wrote:
Where?
Thanks, good info. Just watched it.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

Where do I need to go on comcast website? Cannot see it
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Deep Thought wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
sackboy97 wrote: Where?
Thanks, good info. Just watched it.
Without spoiling,How was it?
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Without spoiling, I would say it could have been another 60 minutes of Jacoby's shovel farm and I would have has no complaints. (That may be a little exageration). It's too explicit in some places but properly mysterious in most. I'm already on board, so I know I will love each episode in advance. :D

edit: explicit as in obvious. But then again I've been in the Lynch game a long time.
There's your roast beef and cheese.