Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by HagbardCeline »

Troubbble wrote:Dale said in the pilot that Theresa's body was found in "a town in the southwestern corner of Washington"... Are we basing Deer Meadow's apparent distance from Twin Peaks on anything other than that?

Seems like Theresa had her body dumped like Laura, and could have floated some distance before being discovered elsewhere. Deer Meadow being closer to Twin Peaks would make sense in FWWM, too - given the Deer Meadow Deputy's involvement in drug sales there, etc. Hoping someone will correct me if I'm missing something.
It's always been a bit ambiguous where exactly Deer Meadow is. In Dale Cooper: My Life My Tapes he says that Deer Meadow is one hour north of Portland. (which puts it near Castle Rock, Washington. (which actually is a kinda Twin Peaksy town!). The FWWM script clearly labels it Deer Meadow, Washington. As others have mentioned, it has to be close enough to Twin Peaks that Deputy Cliff could meet up with Bobby and Mike for the drug deal. Laura could go do her three-ways with Theresa and Ronnette. Near enough to the Canadian Border and One-Eyed Jacks (Theresa calls Jacques in the missing pieces).
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hockey Mask wrote:
Jonah wrote:Random thought - does anyone else think they're waiting to bring Julee Cruise on stage at the Bang Bang Bar for the closing credits of the first episode where Coop returns to Twin Peaks?
That would be nice but I think it'll be the final episode.
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I was hoping it might be sooner though. But we'll see. It would be great if they could do a throwback to Episode 14 and have Coop, Hawk, and the Log Lady there while Julee Cruise sings. I wonder if the Log Lady is in any more scenes, btw.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
TwistedFate_L4
Roadhouse Member

Post by TwistedFate_L4 »

Hockey Mask wrote:The hit and run was definitely in Twin Peaks.
Well that makes me even more invested in what's going on there. The hit and run, Becky and Steven, Richard, Red, and Chad, and of course all our old favorites- yeah, I'm far more into that than anything else.
wowdavidwow

Post by wowdavidwow »

Just before the red box appears on Duncan Todd's screen, you can read the following sentence in the third paragraph of the email.

"To understand how income statements are set up, think of them as a set of stairs."
Attachments
lv_screen02.jpg
lv_screen02.jpg (627.16 KiB) Viewed 10245 times
lv_screen01.jpg
lv_screen01.jpg (159 KiB) Viewed 10245 times
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Very cool.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Re: DOUGIE RESOLUTION

Post by secretlettermkr »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
BEARisonFord wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:Also let's say hypothetically Dougie doesn't become Cooper till one or two episodes left in the show. Then essentially we wouldn't have the main character of the show in the new series at all. That would be a really unfortunate thing. That's my fear.
No, we would, it just wouldn't be the one you wanted or expected.

No it wouldn't this isn't Cooper. Let's be real. It's a mindless child like soul in the body and life of a man named Dougie.

Again not saying I don't like the characters scenes just fear we won't get Coopers mind back until it's too late.
he is not on Dougies body!, what show are you watching?...
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Leacock wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Leacock wrote:I am even more convinced that Richard Horne is Audrey's child.

Aside from the supernatural aspects of the character (which points to a non-mundane parentage)
Huh? :?: :?: :?:
The non-mundane parentage is a reference to my theory that he's also the Evil Cooper's child, Audrey is of course a normal person. I should have been more clear about that.
what supernatural powers???????? :shock: :lol:
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

cool little tidbit I remember from the ol' spoiler thread:

someone who witnessed the filming of the hit and run scene described Lynch himself delicately painting the little spots of blood on the grille of the truck. cool to finally see the product of that

i understand why it's gone and i agree with that decision, but I really miss that thread, really wish we could go back and reference it. sure hope someone archived the important bits and that it isn't gone forever
Last edited by dud on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

indyit wrote:I'm curious of the significance of Janey-E, Dougie and Sonny Jim's names... They seem incredibly deliberate, especially Janey-E (never seen that ever!). Reminds me of Annie, Judy and Josie... although we haven't heard a peep from or about them so far.
Andy
Annie
Anthony
Audrey
Becky
Betty
Beverly
Blackie
Bobby
Bradley
Candie
Candy
Cappy
Danny
Dougie
Emory
Eolani
Ernie
Harry
Heidi
Jackie
Janey-E
Jeffrey
Jenny
Jerry
Jesse
Jimmy
Joey
Johnny
Josie
Judy
Lucy
Maddy
Maggie
Mandie
Marjorie
Mickey
Nancy
Nicky
Randy
Robby
Rodney
Sandie
Scotty
Shelly
Sonny
Tammy
Tommy
Tracey
Trudy
Wally
Last edited by Mr. Strawberry on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

secretlettermkr wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:
BEARisonFord wrote:
No, we would, it just wouldn't be the one you wanted or expected.

No it wouldn't this isn't Cooper. Let's be real. It's a mindless child like soul in the body and life of a man named Dougie.

Again not saying I don't like the characters scenes just fear we won't get Coopers mind back until it's too late.
:roll:

I meant he believed to be Dougie. He in the life of Dougie and therefore no semblance of him of Cooper.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:

:roll:

I meant he believed to be Dougie. He in the life of Dougie and therefore no semblance of him of Cooper.
sorry but i read lost of people referring to DougieCoop as if coop were inside DougieJones body, i thought you were too
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Ha, Sonny Jim is reading "The Secret of the Old Mill." Nice little throwback to Twin Peaks there.

Also, I thought it was interesting how the first thing he speaks about is brushing his teeth. Reminds me of a certain doppelganger line of dialogue...
counterpaul
RR Diner Member

Post by counterpaul »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Your post brings up an interesting point -- why should we assume that Cooper must return to his normal self at all?

Maybe it's about returning and living with differences and damage?

The old Cooper was perhaps a bit too perfect?

But notice how most of us just basically assume that Cooper MUST return whole at some point. Why?
I agree completely. It would be pretty shallow if the darkness of the last 25 years didn't profoundly affect him. He has indeed been damaged, and he will have to find a way to incorporate that as he moves forward. He's unleashed a horrible darkness onto the world, and he's hid himself away as it wrecked untold havoc. He must recon with that. There's no way there won't be lasting consequences.

I do think the show is working toward a, for lack of a better term, "happy" ending. But I think it will be a complex, troubled happy ending. The bug in the robin's mouth, so to speak.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Dougie's doodles reminded me of the Owl Cave petroglyphs.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Novalis wrote: I used Sam Stanley's machine on the screencap and it indeed says 'Annie'.
Is that the same one he used to crack the Whitman case?