Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ashok
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Ashok »

Just incredible. I love everything about this episode. The Dougie arc is really resonating with me hard and I'm really starting to appreciate Lynch developing this story as bizarre as it felt in the premiere. And I'm really enjoying all the callbacks to S1+S2+FWWM... the key is back at the Lodge, Hawk has the missing pages, Annie, Briggs, everything new is finally connecting back together with everything old. I haven't felt this entranced by a television show in years and I know I'm going to be thinking about Episode 7 nonstop for days.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Mallard
RR Diner Member

Post by Mallard »

Taperecorder wrote:Did anyone else notice the music at the end? 'Sleep Walk' was slowly being interrupted by some sort of original music. WOW!
I did. Most effective use of music for the series so far, IMO. Also interesting to hear Laura's Theme playing while Andy was waiting on his meeting.
Welcome...to the third...place.
guildnavigator
RR Diner Member

Post by guildnavigator »

That hum also happens when the LMFAP rubs his hands together in the original dream sequence from season one.
JohnPalSki
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnPalSki »

I thought it was the same person!
Yea- that's got Lodge written all over it. The creep factor of that figure (like Bob, like the telephone pole, like the monster behind the Winky's in MD) really speak to the fact that no matter how many special effects you try to throw at something to make it creepy, there's nothing like setting a mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Pal
---------------------
"Don't expect a turkey dog here."
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by thedougpa »

Mallard wrote:
Taperecorder wrote:Did anyone else notice the music at the end? 'Sleep Walk' was slowly being interrupted by some sort of original music. WOW!
I did. Most effective use of music for the series so far, IMO. Also interesting to hear Laura's Theme playing while Andy was waiting on his meeting.
Can anyone clarify what the hell that meeting was supposed to be about? I missed that somehow

FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Sey wrote:This conversation between Truman and Hawk is gloriously matter-of-fact.
I was a little surprised by that. I guess Frank was brought up to speed on just how much strangeness his brother had discovered before he took the job. Though, if Frank and Hawk know exactly what's hiding in Glastonbury Grove, wouldn't the police rope the place off or something?
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Could the return of Cooper's room 315 key have woken up Josie? Why bring up the fact the 315 is the room where Cooper was shot if they don't intend on it tying in to Josie somehow? Why not just mention that Cooper stayed in room 315 when he was investigating the murder of Laura Palmer?
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

monitor rising up out of the desk was ridiculous
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

thedougpa wrote:
Mallard wrote:
Can anyone clarify what the hell that meeting was supposed to be about? I missed that somehow

My impression was that the guy was willing to tell Andy about whatever Richard was up to, but was expecting someone dangerous (maybe Richard himself?) to show up soon and didn't want to be seen talking to the cops.
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

thedougpa wrote:
Mallard wrote:
The guy owned the truck from the hit and run last week.
psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Post by psyifinotic »

guys. the jerry horne scene was hilarious.

ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Was that the Arm or the Arm's doppelganger in the Ike the Spike scene?
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Post by Endangered_Wulf »

Esselgee wrote:Why is Diane so pissed at the FBI?.

Diane is definitely not a happy camper. Maybe she's angry with the FBI for not spending enough resources to find Cooper when he disappeared and now she's had to spend her life not knowing whether Cooper was dead or alive. :?:
"Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke" -Margaret Lanterman The Log Lady
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

thedougpa wrote:
Mallard wrote:
So, I interpreted it as Andy investigating the hit and run and wanting to ask the guy about who was using his vehicle. But, who knows? Andy never specifically said anything. The meeting was supposed to give him a chance to finally ask his questions.

BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Really dug this episode, although some of the dialogue was clunky (didn't really need to know if Doc Hayward knew what "Skype" was). loved seeing Ben & Jerry. Hoping some of the people so overly distraught over their initial appearances are eating some crow now, considering it's clear we'll be seeing more of them (or at least Ben). Loved seeing more with Ashley Judd's character. It's very clear they are developing stories with many of these characters and probably more to come, which is very cool and a bit of a relief to many I bet.

As usual, not completely jazzed about seeing so many wild theories and conjecture, but c'est la vie! That's an uphill battle if there ever was one.
Last edited by BEARisonFord on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.