Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mstevensmcs

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by mstevensmcs »

jerry meme.jpeg
jerry meme.jpeg (54.36 KiB) Viewed 10191 times
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

Aerozhul wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:What was the skin the police placed in the ziplock? Was it part of the Arm/Brain Tree?!
I think it was part of Ike the Spike's trigger finger! Coop really did seem to squeeze off part of his finger, just like the Arm suggested....
the piece left behind from Ike resembled that bit left in the trunk of the car.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Early on there was a shot moving up the steep side of a wooded mountain, obviously reversed footage, especially considering that the fog was also moving upwards. It looked a lot like a shot from FWWM that goes down the side of a cliff.

Weird.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

IAmHappeningAgain wrote:You know one thing that the show really needs at this point, though? BIG ED~!
That's what I'm talking about!!!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I've had some mixed feelings on the new show, but that episode was fantastic. Easily my favorite so far. Everything was clicking in this one. So much good stuff.

Super excited that they followed thru on the dream from FWWM. And was thrilled they mentioned Annie. Although the description of her as just some girl was odd. Describing her to Frank as Norma's sister would make much more sense. Seems like they may have ret-conned that aspect?

Really great episode.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

mtwentz wrote:Ok, so one thing I did not understand, what was Jean Michel talking about on the phone? The girl that Richard assaulted was actually sent to his table by him? Was not quite sure...
No, it had nothing to do with the girl Richard assaulted. This new Renault is pimping, like Jacques was. He was on the phone to a middleman, who with J-M had sent two girls (both blondes) to an unnamed client- this client seems to be vaguely threatening J-M saying the girls were underage, hoping that J-M would let him pay for just one of them. J-M wasn't having any of it, saying the girls showed him IDs, and complacently saying the Renaults have owned the roadhouse for x years- insisting that he gets paid for both girls.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Odd that Hawk says there were 4 pages missing from Laura's diary. In the original it was so badly destroyed by Harold I doubt they had any idea what was missing.

Also not sure Leland having them makes sense.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

What's up with BadCoop having a house in Rio? So the FBI did have some info on his whereabouts after he left Twin Peaks. Then his house was owned by "a girl from Ipanema." No doubt a reference to the song. Or was that just one of Albert's dry jokes?
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Wow, that was an incredible episode. I can't wait to watch it again.

The barkeep sweeping up the floor was so great. Lynch knows it's satisfying to watch everything get cleaned up, and narratively, it's coming. I love that he acknowledged that for us, it was a real comfort.

I wonder if perhaps Janey E and Sonny Jim somehow represent Cooper's Mom and himself as a child?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Audrey Horne wrote:I think they could have given the Audrey in a coma in some other exposition. It was meant to be a surprise and onimous that Cooper visited her.
Audrey- if the implications of this episode turn out to be true, how will you feel about it? EvilCoop raping an injured comatose Audrey is pretty worse case scenario.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

madeleineferguson wrote:Wow, that was an incredible episode. I can't wait to watch it again.

The barkeep sweeping up the floor was so great. Lynch knows it's satisfying to watch everything get cleaned up, and narratively, it's coming. I love that he acknowledged that for us, it was a real comfort.

I wonder if perhaps Janey E and Sonny Jim somehow represent Cooper's Mom and himself as a child?
This crossed my mind after the crying scene.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

Saw this on reddit, looking at the Secret Diary reveals that the pumpkin page comes directly after this entry:

Dear Diary, October 31, 1989
It's Halloween. No mask necessary. Blackie's sister, Nancy, from One-Eyed Jack's, brought MY clothes and the money they owed me stuffed into a plastic pumpkin. She asked if she could talk to me outside for a moment because
PAGE RIPPED OUT (as found)

So the recovered page was referencing Nancy from One-Eyed Jacks. That's cool that they incorporated something from the Secret Diary directly again
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Cappy wrote: My weird and unexplained hunch is that Linda will be another character that just happens to resemble Laura Palmer (and be played by Sheryl Lee).
Spoiler:
Nope.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

The sweeping scene is actually more interesting than it appears. You have to read it metaphorically though and then contrast it with J.M. Renault's dialogue.

The sweeping gives a sense of cleanliness, which is ironically counterpointed by J.M.'s obscenity. By the time the scene is over the place appears clean, but we now realize the Renault's have always owned the place, so it's never really been so, deep down.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
The Archivist
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Archivist »

asquideatingdough wrote:
RainingPostToasties wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
i think strawberry was the dog.

and wasn't the first scene of the show, josie looking in a mirror humming?
Was it? I had company jabbering, so I might have missed that!
The first scene of Season 1, episode 1 was Josie in the mirror, yes. Can't remember the humming.

I loved Gordon's whistling. Was he whistling something from the Wizard of Oz? Sounded strangely familiar.

Was Gordon whistling Rammstein? :D