Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Esselgee »

It would have been wild if the guy in Diane's apartment had been played by Nicolas Cage. Is there any reason Lynch never worked with him after WAH?
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

The Archivist wrote:
asquideatingdough wrote:
RainingPostToasties wrote: Was it? I had company jabbering, so I might have missed that!
The first scene of Season 1, episode 1 was Josie in the mirror, yes. Can't remember the humming.

I loved Gordon's whistling. Was he whistling something from the Wizard of Oz? Sounded strangely familiar.

Was Gordon whistling Rammstein? :D
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

The Grey Lodge wrote:My feeling is that BadCoop did NOT assault Audrey while she was in a coma. My reasoning is that BOB - and other malevolent Black Lodge spirits - feed on fear, pain and sorrow. Assaulting a comatose Audrey wouldn't torment her and produce the required Garmonbozia. Part of the joy BOB gets from terrorizing his victims is for that person to be cognitive and powerless to do anything about it. Assaulting Audrey while she's unaware wouldn't be his style.

Diane, it was heavily implied, was raped by BadCoop shattering their trust and bond forever. Like Laura before her, Diane now hates her family (FBI), seemingly herself and the closest male figure she had. She drowns out the pain with some form of drug abuse (alcoholism) and sexual vices. Being driven mad and into continuous self-harming behavior is more in line with BOBs way of doing things.
But this isn't just Bob. This is Cooper's evil Doppel. Bob is just with him. It's a different scenario. And possibly a different m.o.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

Esselgee wrote:It would have been wild if the guy in Diane's apartment had been played by Nicolas Cage. Is there any reason Lynch never worked with him after WAH?
There was that Industrial Symphony No. 1 thing.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

LiAnn wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
Has anyone discussed Shelly's wedding ring around her neck? I was looking it up and apparently it's very common for a widower to wear their husband's ring around their neck. I think this is a subtle nod to Leo's fate. I highly doubt we'll hear his name anywhere in the new season but I do think his death will be revealed in Frost's new book.
I've been wondering about that, too. After everything Leo put her through, I doubt Shelly would be mourning him, which leaves us with three options, as far as I can tell:

1. Shelly married another man -- rather hastily, I might add, judging by Becky's age (I can't imagine she's any younger than 23/24) -- and that man died, leaving her to raise their daughter alone.

2. Shelly and Bobby got married sometime after S2, and Becky is their child together. They have since divorced or separated, and that's why Shelly wears the ring around her neck. (I once knew a woman who wore her wedding and engagement ring on a chain while she and her husband were going through a rough patch.)

3. A combination of the two. Is it possible that Becky is Bobby's daughter, but Shelly married another man sometime after they broke up, and that man died?
I originally thought it was Bobby's ring but notice she also has a wedding ring on her finger. I think it's probably Leo's. Maybe she found out he tried to save her life from Windom somehow?
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

thedougpa wrote:Didn't someone, around the time of the first episode leak (or maybe a different leak), post a picture of a "Twin Peaks" thumbnail from an On Demand service that looked remarkably like the pavilion of this house? Can anyone dig that out?
GTA-Vice-City-752x440.jpg
GTA-Vice-City-752x440.jpg (64.06 KiB) Viewed 10659 times
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Saturn's child wrote:
thedougpa wrote:Didn't someone, around the time of the first episode leak (or maybe a different leak), post a picture of a "Twin Peaks" thumbnail from an On Demand service that looked remarkably like the pavilion of this house? Can anyone dig that out?
GTA-Vice-City-752x440.jpg
Lynch started playing Gta? :D
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Any thoughts on "Detectives Fusco"?
D. Fusco, T. Fusco, & 'Smiley' Fusco from memory.

(Also, I heard "Billy" not "Bing" at the sleepwalk diner, referencing the multiple Bills we've seen so far)
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

krishnanspace wrote:Lynch started playing Gta? :D
Haha, well, he did film a playstation ad! :wink:
I haven't played that game for years & years, but it's the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw Mr C's Rio mansion, haha
LiAnn
Roadhouse Member

Post by LiAnn »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
I originally thought it was Bobby's ring but notice she also has a wedding ring on her finger. I think it's probably Leo's. Maybe she found out he tried to save her life from Windom somehow?
Really? I never noticed she had a ring on her finger, too. What scene does it appear in?
Last edited by LiAnn on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Saturn's child wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:Lynch started playing Gta? :D
Haha, well, he did film a playstation ad! :wink:
I haven't played that game for years & years, but it's the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw Mr C's Rio mansion, haha
That game" brings back memories " (cries like Bobby)
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Jasper wrote:Joel, you linked to your review of the previous part. Here's the part 7 link, but I noticed that in the url it's called part 6:
http://www.lostinthemovies.com/2017/06/ ... -body.html
Whoops, thanks, just fixed the link in my post. As for "part-6" in the link, that's how the piece was accidentally published, at which point I didn't want to re-publish it even after fixing the number, lest I have people going to a broken permalink.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

djsunyc wrote:.

- doc hayward said that "cooper turned to him and saw that strange face again" - what face was he referring to?

- i'm still amazed everybody is ok with dougie acting the way he is

-e.
When Diane encountered Bad Dale she yelled at him to "look at me". And Bad Dale had a strange empty look about his face. Which seemed to make Diane believe that this was not Cooper in front of her. Also Dales face has done some shape-shifting in the mirror.

I totally thought when Dougie Coop encountered Ike the Spike he would wake up. He didn't. I'm fine with it. I'll take another 7 episodes of Dougie as long as the series remains strong.
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

Just heard on a podcast that SUPPOSEDLY someone in the higher-ups confirmed that the guy at the end called for BILLY, that guy is BING. The credits are wrong.
Supposedly.
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

Riley Lynch plays "Bing" in that scene. He clearly calls for Billy. I'm not sure what is wrong about that?
We live inside a dream.