*Strategies On Surviving 2 Week Wait After Part 8*

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Re: *Strategies On Surviving 2 Week Wait After Part 8*

Post by Gabriel »

Dammit! First thing I heard about this. Really not enjoying this weekly TV show business. Haven't watched a TV show on a weekly basis since the early 2000s. It sucks and is a miserable way to watch a drama!!
Hercousin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hercousin »

I've been thinking about reading The Human Comedy (the novel Laura is holding in the hallway in FWWM). I'll probably skip rewatches so I'm fresh. I'm always on the lookout for old film noir I haven't seen yet.

Maybe wage some war on the bald-faced wasps in my backyard, get a sunburn. The possibilities are endless.

But really just try not to think about the fact that this show is consuming my life...
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Hercousin wrote:But really just try not to think about the fact that this show is consuming my life...
Good to know I'm not the only one. Here we see the dividing line between art and entertainment...
Bookworm
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bookworm »

At first I was convinced there would be a whole summer hiatus (don't ask me how and why I got that idea in my head) so since it will only be two weeks, I'll just wait patiently.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

1) This is among the best thread titles I have ever read online.

2) If that's really the ONLY detour they make from a weekly airing schedule, I guess I'm fine with it, although it's gonna be uneasy. ;) Two weeks between pt. 4 and 5 were already hard to get by.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I don't need a strategy for surviving the two weeks. I might get slightly antsy here or there, but overall what I really need is a strategy for surviving the show being on every week. It's yrev, very difficult to keep up with other things that I ought to be doing. I watch the latest part, stay up way too late reading the forum, wake up and see a billion new posts, then sometimes get to work late or nearly-late because I'm so engrossed in reading everyone's comments.

In any case, we should remember that shows airing new episodes on 4th of July weekends usually see a big drop-offs in viewership. We want the ratings to get better and better, so it's good that it won't air. This will also provide a chance to get caught up for people who are new to Twin Peaks, which could also improve ratings.

Live broadcast ratings in the U.S. are low, but they’ve been gradually improving:

Parts 1&2 — 0.506 (higher because it's a debut)
Parts 3&4 — 0.195 (low because these two had been streamed a week before being broadcast)
Part 5 — 0.254
Part 6 — 0.270
Part 7 — 0.294 

If this trend continues, Part 8 will be over 0.3, and it seems that there’s a good chance of this given the very positive response to Part 7. Then perhaps the break will allow more people to get up to speed, providing a nice jump with Part 9 (unless Part 8 scares everyone away for some reason).

I could be setting myself up for disappointment, but word-of-mouth is good, and as I understand it, criticism has been mostly positive.
asquideatingdough
Roadhouse Member

Post by asquideatingdough »

Oh yeah, another thing I'll do is maybe actually sleep enough hours without being terrified of Mr. C, the charcoal character(s), BOB, etc. to the point of nightmares! Yay!
psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Post by psyifinotic »

Hockey Mask wrote:I'll be watching the first 30 min. this week and the second half next week. :lol:
not a bad idea tbh
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

psyifinotic wrote:
Hockey Mask wrote:I'll be watching the first 30 min. this week and the second half next week. :lol:
not a bad idea tbh
Risky, as 15 out of the 30 minutes could be a scene of a guy moping the floor.

Only one solution remains: booze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Post by zeronumber »

Its either Blue Velvet ...or Dune for me....

With "Rabbits" or "Dumbland" as a chaser!

{ F ~ Tammy }

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

psyifinotic wrote:
not a bad idea tbh
Of course I will need everyone to refrain from posting on this site about the conclusion of Part 8 until the second week.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

Hockey Mask wrote:
psyifinotic wrote:
not a bad idea tbh
Of course I will need everyone to refrain from posting on this site about the conclusion of Part 8 until the second week.
Sure, we can do that...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

I love how they don't want to air an episode during 4th of July weekend but they'll air the finale on labor day weekend lol
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

also i think there's a good chance that we'll get the episode descriptions of 13-16 in the meantime which will be a nice little treat to tide us over till ep 9
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

I expect to be finished re-watching FWWM (meaning, watching again for the first time in years. I didn't get to it prior to S3 TP premiere), which I'm taking in doses, a little at a time. I hope others will, too, if they haven't recently, during the lag after Part 8. The forum topics for FWWM here seem few and not much discussion, which I crave. The film is loaded with more meaning for me now that a new season is here. And at least one new topic thread was posted ("uncut" something) that offered plenty to chew over. I just haven't put together my response/ thoughts on it yet.
"Fool me once... shame on me!"