Favourite part so far (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: Favourite part so far (SPOILERS)

Post by IcedOver »

I liked Evil Coop's scene with Darya in the motel. MacLachlan's performance was great, and the scene exuded an air of interesting mystery which most of the rest of the show hasn't had.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Rhodes wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:My favorite piece of DIALOGUE was Gordon's exchange with Bill Kennedy about the guy who got sent to the North Pole.
I've seen every episode a couple of times, but I cannot remember either who Bill Kennedy is or this particular piece of dialogue. :D
The Richard Chamberlain character! While Gordon is waiting for Denise. Gordon asks about some woman and a problem she had with some dude (Paul I believe?). Chamberlain says it's good of Gordon to remember -- Paul is now in the North Pole. It's a glorious bit of Lynchian non sequitir nonsense.
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Re: Favourite part so far

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

dud wrote:my favorite scene has to be Gordon meeting bad coop, such chilling dialogue! one of my favorite lynchian things is dialogue that is vaguely mysterious or slightly off, you don't completely know what it means but it evokes strong unsettling emotions.

'ive never really left home, Gordon'

'of course I will be exonerated in courts of law'

'ive left messages.'

the repetition of 'i was on my way to give it to you, I was running a little behind schedule when my car veered off the road and I had my accident'
I'm really surprised this scene hasn't been more popular in this thread- it's quickly become one of my favourite scenes in anything, let alone TP:TR. I'm often amazed by how Lynch can creep me out so intensely yet make me laugh at the same time- e.g. Winkies scene in MD, Lost Highway mystery man, eraserhead dinner at Mary's- but this time really raised the bar. For anyone at all fond of our special agent, it's truly horrible viewing, to the point where (to me at least) it's actually twistedly hilarious. That fixed grin and goofy thumbs up as the shutter slowly closes...
Agent327
Roadhouse Member

Post by Agent327 »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:
dud wrote:my favorite scene has to be Gordon meeting bad coop, such chilling dialogue! one of my favorite lynchian things is dialogue that is vaguely mysterious or slightly off, you don't completely know what it means but it evokes strong unsettling emotions.

'ive left messages.'

the repetition of 'i was on my way to give it to you, I was running a little behind schedule when my car veered off the road and I had my accident'
I'm really surprised this scene hasn't been more popular in this thread
My fav scene as well.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

The purple room

The appearance of the charcoal specter in the hall outside the morgue.

The appearance of the creature in the glass box.

"Is it about the bunnies?"

The first appearance of the charcoal specter.

The hum at The Great Northern.

Frank discovers the joys of green tea lattes.
Last edited by AgentEcho on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I also liked the Cole/Bob meeting. I took it less as creepy and more absurd the tone of voice he had. Evil Coop is by far the best character in this show. With him loose, I'm hoping the show will get a much-needed dose of horror.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:

'ive left messages.'

I'm really surprised this scene hasn't been more popular in this thread- it's quickly become one of my favourite scenes in anything, let alone TP:TR. I'm often amazed by how Lynch can creep me out so intensely yet make me laugh at the same time- e.g. Winkies scene in MD, Lost Highway mystery man, eraserhead dinner at Mary's- but this time really raised the bar. For anyone at all fond of our special agent, it's truly horrible viewing, to the point where (to me at least) it's actually twistedly hilarious. That fixed grin and goofy thumbs up as the shutter slowly closes...
Definitely unsettling as all get out. But the close-up when Diane closes the screen makes me jump out of my skin every time. It reminds me of the log lady intro about beauty being in the eye of the beholder, the eyes being the window of the soul and eyes having no soul

"then we know a darkness and we wonder-where is the beauty? The eyes are soulless."

I think Laura Dern is doing a great job expressing how having something like that in your intimate space can drive you to the edge, it shows me that she had been a person of the light. Mr C's other lovers that we've seen are long gone to the darkness.

Finding out that he might have paid a visit to Audrey in the hospital was also chilling.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

My favourite part so far is the way Cooper comes out of the light socket, Evil Coop vomits his Garmonbozia, and Dougie gets transported to the Red Room. The way those events come together is wild.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

When the customers at the RR bar all change in the cutback from Bing coming in the door
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

I don't have a favorite.

The scenes with Mr. C (bad Coop) as well as Gordon Cole are most interesting so far. I liked the NYC scenes as well. That being said, I think the show is structured in such a way to make picking a favorite difficult.

Edit: I actually like the Roadhouse scenes the most so far. Perhaps the one at the end of episode 4 I like the most.
TwoChalfonts

Post by TwoChalfonts »

The entire scene with ??????? and Señorita Dido, particularly Laura's "birth." The Badalamenti score is so on point and it is just beautiful.
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

becky getting high
james has always been cool
the black guy walking down the hallway when that soldier is on the phone
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

- The opening of Part 1; the re-edited old footage, the way Twin Peaks Theme returns, Laura's face over the rushing water.

- Cooper in Part 6, all of it. Maybe it's seeing a beloved character so distanced from himself, or my sensitivity to 'lost child' stories, but his scenes just break my heart; standing forgotten by the statue, sitting with Sonny Jim, his smile when he recognizes Jade from the picture, drawing intently on the case files with Windswept hanging in the air, trying to get his words out in Mullins' office.

- The surge of dark strings/organ when the Drugged-out Mother sits up, after the car explodes.

- Favourite dialogue: "R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Respect!", "...chocolate-which I l o v e!", "Have you ever studied your hand?", "Agent...AGENT...", "You are far away.", "...my back teeth are floating.", "Pinocchio's friend!", "What a mess you've made of our lives.", "I don't need anything. I want"

There's too much to chose from.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

The atomic bomb explosion. With all the fireworks. :shock:
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

The purple room
The atomic bomb/Giant "creating" Laura
Cooper and Janey-E vs. Ike the Spike
Diane and Bad Coop
Cooper's tear
Bad Coop introduction
Bad Coop and Darya in the motel
Bad Coop getting out of prison
"Say please."
The Woodsmen reviving Bad Coop
Gordon and Bad Coop
Garmonbozia vomit/Dougie/Cooper returning
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series