Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dud
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Post by dud »

Was Betty's chair the same chair that Cooper was sitting in when he was talking to ??????? in the opening scene of the return, or am I misremembering?
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

garethw wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:a dude running into a wall.
A couple of people mentioned that it was like Ben Horne's injury in ep. 29, but it reminded me of Madeleine's fate, too.

With Coop's bathroom mirror scene, that makes four folks in TP who've smashed their heads into walls. Lynch sure likes his head injuries, but this particular mode of delivery seems curiously commonplace in the Pacific North-West.
Not to mention S1 showing very brief scene of Johnny at his dollhouse. He's banging his head against it, wearing his Indian headdress.
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

dud wrote:Was Betty's chair the same chair that Cooper was sitting in when he was talking to ??????? in the opening scene of the return, or am I misremembering?
I don't think it's the same (different frame), but I think it's from the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

wAtChLaR wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:Overall very good episode. When we heard that cool electric guitar sound right before they went to the Sheriffs station I thought we were getting a James scene as that guitar generally accompanied him but I was fine with it being there.

I also really got my hopes up that Josie's face was going to somehow pop out of that wall with Ben and Ashley Judd or if anything else he'd find Audrey's hiding place... Was hoping for something about darker there with the ominous music playing and a great northern scene at night. That was always associated with something creepy but has been a bit of a let down thus far.
yes i was waiting for the entire wall to become this

Exactly! I was about to fanboy the hell out! Haha But I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up with that. The longer this show goes the more my hopes of a surprise major character making an appearance dwindle more.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

What's up with Cole's pants?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 8.50.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 8.50.48 PM.png (372.24 KiB) Viewed 9394 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

For all of you constantly mentioning Buckhorn, I'd like to remind you to WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!

(That one took me half a second, but I laughed.)
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Jerry Horne wrote:What's up with Cole's pants?
What's up your foot?

Is it the Further Evolution of The Arm?
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

A few side notes

- Really don't like Ben being this nice. I think most would agree his character works best when he's conniving and evil. I get the object of personal growth but thus far I've wanted more from his scenes. Hopefully with the eventual re introduction of Audrey his story will eventually progress...

Thus far we've got 8 episodes to go...

- No Big Ed
- No Audrey
- No dialogue/quick flashes of Nadine, Sarah Palmer and James.
- Very small scenes with Norma and Shelly. Smaller for Norma

And we still know nothing about where any of there lives are at. I hope we get some small answers soon. I really need that to have this thing come full circle. I think a lot of others would agree.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Honestly it reminded me of the boy who doesn't like to dress up and is being dragged somewhere fancy so all the close look big and frumpy on him.. :lol:
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

WhiteLodge90 wrote: I hope we get some small answers soon. I really need that to have this thing come full circle. I think a lot of others would agree.
Well, Bushnell said that he will start working with Dougie on answers tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Johnny's "death" (?) scene reminded me of Maddy's.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:A few side notes

- Really don't like Ben being this nice. I think most would agree his character works best when he's conniving and evil. I get the object of personal growth but thus far I've wanted more from his scenes. Hopefully with the eventual re introduction of Audrey his story will eventually progress...

- No Big Ed
- No Audrey

And we still know nothing about where any of there lives are at. I hope we get some small answers soon. I really need that to have this thing come full circle. I think a lot of others would agree.
With some of the characters, especially those who have only appeared in one scene, I think we might have already seen as much as we're going to see. I think Shelly will figure into it a little more - but probably not much. Maybe James will too. In fact, he probably will. Not sure how much Audrey will feature. Wasn't Sherilyn Fenn upset with how little screentime she got? Then I think her role was expanded a little.

I know that The Return is Cooper's odyssey back to Twin Peaks, but in the unlikely event this is renewed for another season, it would be great if Season 4 was completely set in the town itself and featured more of these characters in bigger roles. Especially for the actors' sake.
Last edited by Jonah on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I hope that before the show is over we get a scene of Ben Horne sitting behind his desk cracking jokes and reading a top 10 list.
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:

Honestly it reminded me of the boy who doesn't like to dress up and is being dragged somewhere fancy so all the close look big and frumpy on him.. :lol:

Reminds me of a certain grandson who said "Fell a victim" as Gordon looks like a child here and with the corncob/blast pics in his office are we to assume Gordon was that victim? Perhaps of the woodsman? Was it ever revealed how he lost his hearing?
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Jonah wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:A few side notes

- No Big Ed
- No Audrey

With some of the characters, especially those who have only appeared in one scene, I think we might have already seen as much as we're going to see. I think Shelly will figure into it a little more - but probably not much. Maybe James will too. In fact, he probably will. Not sure how much Audrey will feature. Wasn't Sherilyn Fenn upset with how little screentime she got? Then I think her role was expanded a little.

I know that The Return is Cooper's odyssey back to Twin Peaks, but in the unlikely event this is renewed for another season, it would be great if Season 4 was completely set in the town itself and featured more of these characters in bigger roles. Especially for the actors' sake.
Out of all the characters mentioned I'd be stunned if that was the last we've seen of them. James Marshall said in an interview his role was a lot more important this time and that he was really honored with that. Also if we don't get scenes with Norma and Big Ed and Shelly and Bobby I'd be pretty disappointed.