Lack of IE feedback on here...

Discussion of INLAND EMPIRE

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Red Room
RR Diner Member

Lack of IE feedback on here...

Post by Red Room »

Hi all,

I'm a little surprised at the lack of IE feedback on these boards given that it's been making its' way around (selected) cinemas for some time now.

Is this simply because most members here haven't seen it yet? Or is everyone too absorbed with their Twin Peaks season 2 sets to care? ;-)

I'm just curious...
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

I think the fact is that IE is having such a limited release that a lot of folks haven't seen it yet.

I live in a major city (Philadelphia) and it hasn't opened anywhere near here - I think New York is the closest it's played to me.

Perhaps when it hits dvd this summer and people can explore it more deeply, things will pick up.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

I will probably see it first on dvd when it comes out. That seems to be the way I get to see most movies these days, being as I live a way from any major town.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Also, INLAND EMPIRE has its own message board through DL.com. Or go to www.inlandempirecinema.com to see it. It seems that a lot of people are so afraid of posting or seeing spoilers that they may only be discussing the movie in depth over there.

I haven't seen it and anticipate seeing it on DVD. If you all want to discuss it more in here, you certainly can. I'm one of those folks that believes you really can't spoil a DL movie, especially this one. I'm sure it will take multiple viewings to really "get" it.
Last edited by Annie on Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

jmichael wrote:I think the fact is that IE is having such a limited release that a lot of folks haven't seen it yet.
This is my assumption too. Incidentally, there have been a few dates added to the UK release schedule. Check here for details: http://www.inlandempire.co.uk/
jmichael wrote:Perhaps when it hits dvd this summer and people can explore it more deeply, things will pick up.
You're probably correct...
Annie wrote:Also, INLAND EMPIRE has its own message board through DL.com. Or go to www.inlandempirecinema.com to see it.
Thanks Annie, but I'm very familiar with that message board, and lurk there sporadically. However I personally prefer to post here. I can't be doing with registering/posting on multiple sites... I have too much to do. ;-)

Of course, there are numerous Lynch/Twin Peaks boards, and yet 'ours' is still pretty active, particularly on the subject of Twin Peaks.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I saw IE in Jan but feel that I will see it a few more times before I can comment on it. I can't wait until we have an IE site like the rotten tomatoes site for MD. That's www.mulholland-drive.net
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
imhotep

Post by imhotep »

I live in Sweden and it hasn't been shown here and I don't think it will be either. I just bought the UK 2-disc DVD and watched it for the first time today.