Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Post by sylvia_north »

Framed_Angel wrote:
seacow wrote:Doppel Coop's flip phone also reads 11:09p while it's clearly daylight at the farm... Probably just a production mistake I hope, otherwise I have no idea :lol: the 2/2 thing is interesting though. Second of two messages.
I have a flipfone. The 2/2 on mine indicates when a message I'm typing has exceeded some character minimum, and the recipient will get like a "page 2" of the same message in two texts in their inbox. It makes me wonder what was in the first part of the message, if that was the same kind of cell phone. And, as someone suggested, if such messages were intercepted for her!

I'm wondering about the bobbed haircut we keep seeing on numerous different women now. The two dark-haired women Dale encounters in the "Purple Room" in part 3; then Diane's haircut is similar: and now Betty. It's Betty's that bothers me the most! Plus I'm not sitting well with how she led the Sheriff & deputies in to show them the weird capsule Maj Briggs left for them. "This is the chair", so resonant with the previous episode's "This is the water..." - - but even as she added "Watch here," there was nothing significant about the chair except its hidden chamber containing the capsule, which was what Briggs left his message in. So why all the fuss about the chair at all? And why is Betty's hair styled the same as those other three ladies'?
Yeah the character minimum. And then the recipient gets it in parts haha. Old school

Charlotte has worn her hair like that for years. So has Phoebe (Ronnette/American Girl in purple room) alternating with pixie cuts, hasn't been long in a while. Naido wore hers in a chignon :)
Hope this helps.

The wig was a great choice for Diane. Totally makes her not look like Sandy or Nikki Grace. Three reasons to wear a wig: Hair loss. A disguise. You're stylin'. It's mysterious! Teresa and Julee were both platinum. It's the blonde that has oomph.

Dougie and Duncan are the hits now? Did we decide Philip sent the red square?
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Ross wrote:
djsunyc wrote:diane's phone would say "unknown" b/c dopplecoop no longer had his phone. he was running through burners. i am in the camp that believes diane and dopplecoop are in cahoots.

also...i am in 100% an audrey/coop shipper. if they don't end up together, i will personally go to david lynch's house and....politely ask him why!!! :)

i demand it
You honestly think they are going to put Cooper and Audrey together at the end of this!??
Well, they'll probably at least have to talk about grounding their kid for dealing drugs and running over small children. "Blah, blah, blah... I don't care if it was your doppelgänger ...you're not playing golf with Gordon, send Richard to his room!"
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

sylvia_north wrote:
djsunyc wrote: also...i am in 100% an audrey/coop shipper. if they don't end up together, i will personally go to david lynch's house and....politely ask him why!!! :)

i demand it
Maybe in a parallel universe. In this one, prepare for disappointment.
LOL
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Wouldn't really mind if Audrey just shows up to say "hey guys, this is me 25 years later" and never appear again.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Major Briggs wrote:Wouldn't really mind if Audrey just shows up to say "hey guys, this is me 25 years later" and never appear again.
So far that's what James, Norma & Nadine have done.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Ross wrote:
Major Briggs wrote:Wouldn't really mind if Audrey just shows up to say "hey guys, this is me 25 years later" and never appear again.
So far that's what James, Norma & Nadine have done.
Except those ones I care about seeing how they're doing.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

In that case... prepare for disappointment.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Audrey Horne wrote:
If I recall you have some inside info in that regard and you were happy when you learned about Audrey's storyline this season.

My fingers are crossed that your sources are solid :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Hey now, I was just friendly ribbing on the previous sentence!

I think all of the previous characters are still going to have interesting scenes. Keep the faith.
Eirikur

Post by Eirikur »

Audrey Horne wrote:Well, they'll probably at least have to talk about grounding their kid for dealing drugs and running over small children. "Blah, blah, blah... I don't care if it was your doppelgänger ...you're not playing golf with Gordon, send Richard to his room!"
Best line I've heard in a while. It's a really nice vision.

I hope you get your way because you've made it sound interesting! My way would be the "We get to keep Janey-E and Sonny Jim because Coop adopts them" path. But, as appealing as it would be to keep Watts, her character might really have a long road to go to accept a different soul in a familiar-ish body. Maybe she never would. And maybe there is no choice because Dougie's whole life will evaporate when Coop finds himself.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

So there's this website (commercialsihate.com) that has been posting a significant line from each upcoming episode a couple days before the episode airs, I.e. they posted the woodsman poem days before part 8 aired, and they posted the bad coop / Diane text days before part 9 aired. Anyway they just posted a line from episode 10 that is pretty spoilery if anyone wants to check it out / avoid it
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Audrey Horne wrote:
The pleasure of not seeing her and Cooper end up together is enough :wink:
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

dud wrote:So there's this website (commercialsihate.com) that has been posting a significant line from each upcoming episode a couple days before the episode airs, I.e. they posted the woodsman poem days before part 8 aired, and they posted the bad coop / Diane text days before part 9 aired. Anyway they just posted a line from episode 10 that is pretty spoilery if anyone wants to check it out / avoid it
I know a line that is sure to come up tomorrow: "Laura is the one"
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

:lol: so now we have two significant lines :)
ScarFace32
RR Diner Member

Post by ScarFace32 »

dud wrote:So there's this website (commercialsihate.com) that has been posting a significant line from each upcoming episode a couple days before the episode airs, I.e. they posted the woodsman poem days before part 8 aired, and they posted the bad coop / Diane text days before part 9 aired. Anyway they just posted a line from episode 10 that is pretty spoilery if anyone wants to check it out / avoid it
Why not post it with a spoiler tag?