Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dud
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Post by dud »

because I don't want to disrespect any of this site's 'keep the mystery alive' spoiler policies

people can pm me or check the twin peaks subreddit if they'd like to know
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Major Briggs wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:
Major Briggs wrote:Wouldn't really mind if Audrey just shows up to say "hey guys, this is me 25 years later" and never appear again.
In that case... prepare for disappointment.
The pleasure of not seeing her and Cooper end up together is enough :wink:
Ugh. This guy!

Wall of text from me.

End rant. :wink:
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
ScarFace32
RR Diner Member

Post by ScarFace32 »

dud wrote:because I don't want to disrespect any of this site's 'keep the mystery alive' spoiler policies

Ok I forgot I saw it already, sorry. I forgot it was "Welcome to Twin Peaks, Mr. Jeffries"
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Ross wrote:
Major Briggs wrote:Wouldn't really mind if Audrey just shows up to say "hey guys, this is me 25 years later" and never appear again.
So far that's what James, Norma & Nadine have done.
Yeah unfortunately, you are so right. Hopefully the story lines of some of these characters start to fill out. I have been pleasantly surprised at the screen time of Bobby, Albert and Jerry. One very big surprise is no Ed yet. I would hope that as the story line seems to be shifting more Twin Peaks, the locals will have more screen time and their stories develop.

I was always a supporter of Audrey and Coop together, but as this has developed, I am not. I just seem to wonder more and more what happens to Janey E and son.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Reminder before this episode, Bobby had basically one scene. And the way this thing works, it seems like he's been there the whole season. I'm surprised how much presence the Horne brothers have had in this whole thing. So for people worried about Ed and James, I'm sure it will be fine.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

ScarFace32 wrote:
dud wrote:because I don't want to disrespect any of this site's 'keep the mystery alive' spoiler policies

Ok I forgot I saw it already, sorry. I forgot it was "Welcome to Twin Peaks, Mr. Jeffries"
:lol:
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

ScarFace32 wrote:

Would you like us to press your suit for you? :D
There's your roast beef and cheese.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

It appears to have been changed without any trace whatsoever. I don't mind, as it's only a matter of hrs.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

I know Showtime and Lynch don't care about ratings but I feel a little bad that now (At least for a few weeks) It has to go up against Game of Thrones. I know people will come on here and blast this saying they don't watch GoT but a lot of people do including myself. I haven't decided which one I'll watch first tonight but because I like to watch each new episode as Lynch intended. (In the dark and with the surround sound on) I may watch GoT first tonight. We'll see.

Furthermore when it changes time till 8 I may wait till 10 to watch it which will suck to have to wait two hours but a show like this is best viewed in the dark in my opinion. Part of me wishes they would've waited till the fall. I'd much rather compete against The Walking Dead and Sunday Night Football (Not really Twin Peaks target audiences) Then another premium cable juggernaut in Game Of Thrones.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

[quote="WhiteLodge90"]I know Showtime and Lynch don't care about ratings but I feel a little bad that now (At least for a few weeks) It has to go up against Game of Thrones. I know people will come on here and blast this saying they don't watch GoT but a lot of people do including myself. I haven't decided which one I'll watch first tonight but because I like to watch each new episode as Lynch intended. (In the dark and with the surround sound on) I may watch GoT first tonight. We'll see.

Furthermore when it changes time till 8 I may wait till 10 to watch it which will suck to have to wait two hours but a show like this is best viewed in the dark in my opinion. Part of me wishes they would've waited till the fall. I'd much rather compete against The Walking Dead and Sunday Night Football (Not really Twin Peaks target audiences) Then another premium cable juggernaut in Game Of Thrones.[/quote

Fuck Game Of Thrones!! Do you hear?? Twin Peaks is better!! There will be Twin Peaks for a lot of time.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Harry S. Truman wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:I know Showtime and Lynch don't care about ratings but I feel a little bad that now (At least for a few weeks) It has to go up against Game of Thrones. I know people will come on here and blast this saying they don't watch GoT but a lot of people do including myself. I haven't decided which one I'll watch first tonight but because I like to watch each new episode as Lynch intended. (In the dark and with the surround sound on) I may watch GoT first tonight. We'll see.

Furthermore when it changes time till 8 I may wait till 10 to watch it which will suck to have to wait two hours but a show like this is best viewed in the dark in my opinion. Part of me wishes they would've waited till the fall. I'd much rather compete against The Walking Dead and Sunday Night Football (Not really Twin Peaks target audiences) Then another premium cable juggernaut in Game Of Thrones.[/quote

Fuck Game Of Thrones!! Do you hear?? Twin Peaks is better!! There will be Twin Peaks for a lot of time.
:roll: :roll: Exactly what I thought some people would irrationally say...

I obviously like Twin Peaks better just to clarify.. Just stating a valid point. If people can't handle it they need to grow up.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

You guys...
youguys.jpg
youguys.jpg (59.94 KiB) Viewed 11859 times
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:I know Showtime and Lynch don't care about ratings but I feel a little bad that now (At least for a few weeks) It has to go up against Game of Thrones. I know people will come on here and blast this saying they don't watch GoT but a lot of people do including myself. I haven't decided which one I'll watch first tonight but because I like to watch each new episode as Lynch intended. (In the dark and with the surround sound on) I may watch GoT first tonight. We'll see.

:roll: :roll: Exactly what I thought some people would irrationally say...

I obviously like Twin Peaks better just to clarify.. Just stating a valid point. If people can't handle it they need to grow up.
You need to talk with Dr
Jacoby!! You need to talk.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Don't make me post the picture again Harry.
Mallard
RR Diner Member

Post by Mallard »

Furthermore when it changes time till 8 I may wait till 10 to watch it which will suck to have to wait two hours but a show like this is best viewed in the dark in my opinion. Part of me wishes they would've waited till the fall. I'd much rather compete against The Walking Dead and Sunday Night Football (Not really Twin Peaks target audiences) Then another premium cable juggernaut in Game Of Thrones.
I think they care about overall viewership, but not about ratings. Showtime will forgive you if you wait until 10 (I'm assuming; not sure how long GOT premieres usually last) to tune in.
Welcome...to the third...place.