General Discussion on Season 3 (All Opinions Welcome)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome) (SPOILERS)

Post by Panapaok »

dustoff wrote:
David Locke wrote:
dustoff wrote:
Thanks!
Spoiler:
I believe that the location used for Club Silencio in MD, and which was also used for the Giant/???????'s place, is an old movie palace-style theater (long-closed, IIRC) that's located in LA. As far as Paris, I assume you were referring to Lynch's own "Club Silencio" nightclub?

Regardless, very very curious on what that Paris footage will look like...
Yes, me too. And yeah, I was under the mistaken impression that
Spoiler:
the Giant's scenes were filmed at Lynch's club.
This is the location they filmed.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Kyle McLachlan said "definitely" or something when asked if we'd find out how Annie was. If you compare Annie's scene in the bar with Coop in Season 2 to Candie talking about traffic and air conditioning in the new series, I definitely see a similarity. And moreso when I watch Annie's scene in the Missing Pieces with her far-off, vacant look to Candie's far-off, vacant look. Lot of similarities imo. (I wouldn't rule out her being Laura either, but my bet is on Annie. As for the Janey-E theory, not sure what to make of that.)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Oh good, I'd forgotten about Kmac's statement! Then hopefully we'll get the best of both worlds, addressing the plot point in the show and getting the full deets in the book.

For the record: for the most part I hope Candie is just Candie. BUT. Amy Shiels' interviews make it clear that either she's a creative liar set on spreading false hints or she has no reason to believe that her character is anything more than we've seen so far, right? Because she shared with us the sad backstory she'd imagined for her. And... honestly, it'd be hilarious if she were secretly some other character and the actress had gone through all her scenes without suspecting anything and found out one year later on TV like the rest of us.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Jonah wrote: If you compare Annie's scene in the bar with Coop in Season 2 to Candie talking about traffic and air conditioning in the new series, I definitely see a similarity. And moreso when I watch Annie's scene in the Missing Pieces with her far-off, vacant look to Candie's far-off, vacant look. Lot of similarities imo. (I wouldn't rule out her being Laura either, but my bet is on Annie.
I don't know if you've been following any of the TPTR threads on reddit. Someone last night figured out that A-N-D-I-E (the letters shared by the names of all three of the Mitchem brothers' blond-wigged musettes) anagrams to "D-I-A-N-E."
This thoroughly amused me. I can't take it all that seriously unless someone else connects more dots. Like, my own username could be rewritten as "Farmed Angle" and yes it would give it a new connotation but what would it mean?
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Framed_Angel wrote:I don't know if you've been following any of the TPTR threads on reddit. Someone last night figured out that A-N-D-I-E (the letters shared by the names of all three of the Mitchem brothers' blond-wigged musettes) anagrams to "D-I-A-N-E."
This thoroughly amused me. I can't take it all that seriously unless someone else connects more dots. Like, my own username could be rewritten as "Farmed Angle" and yes it would give it a new connotation but what would it mean?
Haha, colour me amused as well! As for what it could mean... DoppelDiane wrested control off Diane by splitting her soul into three parts & electric-socketing them into the 'andies?
catnapspirit

Re: RE: Re: General Discussion on the New Series (All Opinions Welcome) (SPOILERS)

Post by catnapspirit »

Framed_Angel wrote:
Jonah wrote: If you compare Annie's scene in the bar with Coop in Season 2 to Candie talking about traffic and air conditioning in the new series, I definitely see a similarity. And moreso when I watch Annie's scene in the Missing Pieces with her far-off, vacant look to Candie's far-off, vacant look. Lot of similarities imo. (I wouldn't rule out her being Laura either, but my bet is on Annie.
I don't know if you've been following any of the TPTR threads on reddit. Someone last night figured out that A-N-D-I-E (the letters shared by the names of all three of the Mitchem brothers' blond-wigged musettes) anagrams to "D-I-A-N-E."
The left over first letters leave you with: Ms C.

So, you were saying..?

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Panapaok wrote:]This is the location they filmed.
This one spoiler got me accidentally, early, when I was looking at Reddit. I was a bit mad to hear it, but then again, make sure to not watch the end of the credits because the same spoiler is there at the end of every part.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

What if the traffic Candie was talking about is the traffic in Twin Peaks that Bobby ran into?
DamnFineCreamedCorn
Roadhouse Member

Post by DamnFineCreamedCorn »

chromereflectsimage wrote:What if the traffic Candie was talking about is the traffic in Twin Peaks that Bobby ran into?
Wow. That hadn't occurred to me, but I like it. I don't know what that implies about Candie - is she empathically attuned to Twin Peaks? - but at the very least it makes an associative link between scenes.
I've already gone places. I just want to stay where I am.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

chromereflectsimage wrote:What if the traffic Candie was talking about is the traffic in Twin Peaks that Bobby ran into?
it also made me think that it may have been Cooper's thoughts during the drive through LV, as if he had been taken by surprise by the volume of traffic on the roads, seeing as he's been gone almost thirty years. But I imagine LV has always been pretty much gridlocked so it doesn't make sense:)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Showtime is listing a marathon of all 18 parts including 17 & 18 next Saturday. Those will air Sunday as well.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

it says the marathorn starts 4.am on Sunday. i cannot see any marathon or ep 17+18 on saturday
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I think it's Sunday too but their schedule seems glitchy.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 12.03.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 12.03.58 PM.png (135.75 KiB) Viewed 8719 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

Do anyone think we will see Windom Earle or Annie in the next 3 episodes?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I have never thought we'd see Windom Earle again.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.