Is BOB gone for good?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Louisahoo

Is BOB gone for good?

Post by Louisahoo »

Posted a while ago and I'm sure it's buried in some thread that due to Silvia being gone, and BOB now out of Mr C, the focus of evil probably shifts to Bad Coop and maybe "The Experiment " or mother or whatever that thing is. We know C is looking for it, or at least is looking for that black symbol. The same symbol that Hawk says we don't want to know about...
whoisalhedges
RR Diner Member

Re: Is BOB gone for good?

Post by whoisalhedges »

I don't see any reason to believe BOB is out of Mr. C - they pulled him out for a bit, yeah, sometimes cardiac surgeons pull a heart out while they're working on it, too. Auto mechanics might pull out an engine.

That said, yeah. There's a decent chance BOB isn't with Dick Dale anymore. But there's also a chance the woodsmen shoved his bubble right back in there. We don't know for sure either way.
oxyboldine
Roadhouse Member

Post by oxyboldine »

We really can't say, but Mr C. has disappeared from the screen since the beginning of episode 9, just after Bob seemed to be taken out of his abdomen. This absence makes us wonder about Bob, on purpose I guess.
For instance, is the rebirth of The Good Dale based on the slow death of Mr C.? Will Dale gradually wake-up as Mr. C. loses his strenght?
Would that be why Mister C. had to have Dougie Jones killed quickly, because he know that as the Good Dale take strenght in his new body, he will lose his? Maybe an answer will be given in part 12.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Me C gradually losing strength while the good Cooper regains his senses is a fair point to me. Let's see what happens... ;)

Also I believe there are some denizens of the Lodge who'll want Mr C back. He was already supposed to go back in there, but actually cheated by creating (?) the "real" Dougie Jones and crashing the car right in time for 2:53 that certain day.

Therefore I suppose it's only a matter of time before the Lodge inhabitants/powers turn on him and seal his fate.

Maybe it was Bob's plan to stay outside the Lodge and keep wreaking havoc to harvest Garmonbozia? This was definitely implied and planned for another season back in the nineties.

PS: what about Becky - is Bob with her? Those creeping POV shots seem familiar... Anyone else think so?
AJPRR2GO
Roadhouse Member

Post by AJPRR2GO »

I cannot imagine for one second that we've seen the last of BOB.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

AJPRR2GO wrote:I cannot imagine for one second that we've seen the last of BOB.
No one said we've "seen the last" of him, but I personally believe that he isn't "with" Mr C anymore. I'm sure we'll get some more BOB moments until the season's over with.
AJPRR2GO
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Is BOB gone for good?

Post by AJPRR2GO »

dronerstone wrote:
No one said we've "seen the last" of him, but I personally believe that he isn't "with" Mr C anymore. I'm sure we'll get some more BOB moments until the season's over with.
Ah! My bad. Wasn't reading properly.

I can't make up my mind on if he is or isn't with Mr C.

AJPRR2GO
Roadhouse Member

Post by AJPRR2GO »

In my defence, the post is called "is BOB gone for good" ....

dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

AJPRR2GO wrote:In my defence, the post is called "is BOB gone for good" ....

zero problemo dude! i took it as "gone from mr C". :)
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

never EVER ever
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

bob will be alive in our hearts foreverrrr
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

and on my avatar as well - but whether we'll have any more of BOB in the coming episodes? I wouldn't bet anything for that.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Maddy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Maddy »

I hope not. BOB fed on Bad Coop's soul and fixed him I think I hope he comes back somehow or there's a chance of another episode from earlier in the same type of format like "Gotta Light?" where we saw him.
The Angels will return...
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

It would make sense, I imagine, for the source of DoppelCoop's strength to be the indwelling BOB. On that basis I think that the way he totally dominates the gang boss in the arm-wrestling match, and the way he crushes his skull with a punch, can be taken as evidence that BOB is very much still 'with' him.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Not sure whether EvilCoop's super-strength is because of BO or because he's actually from the Lodge. I could imagine doppelgängers having special powers that normal humans don't (which isn't true in TP when you think of Nadine for example).

When Ray tells EvilCoop that he got a note about his having something inside of him that "they" want, I thought of the Woodsmen and the BOB "egg".

Maybe they tried to (un/succesfully?) reclaim what was theirs after he got shot? It does make sense whatsoever, especially with the 25 years already OVER, the egg may be due for a maintenance visit to the lodge. :D