Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

Definitely the worst episode of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rugerblackhawk357
Roadhouse Member

Post by rugerblackhawk357 »

AgentEcho wrote:
blue_tomorrows wrote: I took some of this as "Lynch f***ing with the audience" as well. My question is, isn't it getting a little late in the game for that excuse to be popping up so much? Messing with the audience might be fun, but it hardly makes for good and satisfying art. I've enjoyed most of this so far, but somewhere in the back of my mind the warning bells are sounding that we might already know as much as we're ever going to know about any of these storylines.
I find a lot of this f***ing with the audience totally hilarious, I mean I was dying when Charlie wouldn't tell Audrey what he heard on the phone. It might piss me off if I thought there wasn't going to be more answers but I have no concerns on that end at all. We've learned a lot already.

The humor is almost Andy Kaufman-esque in the audaciousness of it.
hilarious
Sometimes i wish i was better off dead. No wait. Not me. You.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

garethw wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote: I think Richard may very well be Donna's son.
Mind = blown....
I still think he's Audrey's.

What else could have prompted that kind of reaction from Charlie, and EvilCoop as the absent father could make sense. Plus, if he was Donna's, wouldn't Doc Hayward be the "grandfather," not Ben? I doubt that in the last 25 years Ben became more of a father figure to Donna, even if they're related by blood.
Last edited by ThumbsUp on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

yaxomoxay wrote:Definitely the worst episode of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
indeed
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

cgs027 wrote:
dropkick23 wrote:
cgs027 wrote: Hmmm, I see where you're going with that... But if Albert was unfamiliar with Twin Peaks in this current timeframe, why was it heavily implied that Diane (via her face after zooming in on the phone) was WELL aware of the implication of the coordinates pointing there?
True..,but she did know about something important happening in Vegas when albert and gordon didn't so she may be a step or more ahead of them.
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Jerry Horne wrote:BOB inside Sarah rings true to me. He was in the other two Palmer's.
He never succeeded at inhabiting Laura, I don't think.

I hadn't considered the idea of Sarah being his new vehicle, but it's an interesting and frightening possibility. It seemed like maybe the audio and video were slightly distorted somehow for a couple of her lines - one in the grocery store and one with Hawk. I kind of hope that isn't what's happening, though, after all that poor Sarah has already been through.
DJ Beater

Post by DJ Beater »

Just rewatched FWWM this morning. In it Laura refers to herself as a turkey when she's with James at the Twin Peaks High School. Sarah freaks out when she sees the Turkey Jerky. Now that the golden orb with Laura's face is in the world has Turkey Jerky been brought into the world of Twin Peaks??? Image

But on a serious note are we seeing Audrey's coma dream or is she just living an incredibly weird life even for a Twin Peaks character?
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

god bless Carl Rodd and Harry Dean Stanton....just bless them both....

i know i know
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

DJ Beater wrote:Just rewatched FWWM this morning. In it Laura refers to herself as a turkey when she's with James at the Twin Peaks High School. Sarah freaks out when she sees the Turkey Jerky. Now that the golden orb with Laura's face is in the world has Turkey Jerky been brought into the world of Twin Peaks??? Image

But on a serious note are we seeing Audrey's coma dream or is she just living an incredibly weird life even for a Twin Peaks character?
YES YES YES

i know i know
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

DJ Beater wrote:Just rewatched FWWM this morning. In it Laura refers to herself as a turkey when she's with James at the Twin Peaks High School. Sarah freaks out when she sees the Turkey Jerky. Now that the golden orb with Laura's face is in the world has Turkey Jerky been brought into the world of Twin Peaks??? Image
First thing I thought of in that scene was "Don't expect a Turkey [Jerky] in here". Which Sarah actually didn't.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Ok, I mean I guess Sarah might be inhabited by a spirit?? But I didn't question my assumption that she was drunk until reading otherwise here on the forum. For my part I still think she'd been drinking, nothing else to it. The thing in the kitchen, however - not sure about that one. And I like not knowing, it's exciting.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

I hope someone fan-edits the assassination of the warden into a mock Wendy's commercial.
rugerblackhawk357
Roadhouse Member

Post by rugerblackhawk357 »

wAtChLaR wrote:

YES YES YES
turkey in the corn. turkey jerky. absolutely. but with less dougie. preferably after episode 3
Sometimes i wish i was better off dead. No wait. Not me. You.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Snailhead wrote:Ok, I mean I guess Sarah might be inhabited by a spirit?? But I didn't question my assumption that she was drunk until reading otherwise here on the forum. For my part I still think she'd been drinking, nothing else to it. The thing in the kitchen, however - not sure about that one. And I like not knowing, it's exciting.
Alcoholism kills emotional expression and empathy...she's been numbing out for 25 years...being sober...EVERYTHING is sensed by her...she knows what's coming

i know i know
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cappy wrote:I hope someone fan-edits the assassination of the warden into a mock Wendy's commercial.

i know i know